Juventus Looking For Premiership Partnership (9 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
According to reports, Juventus are looking to form a strategic partnership with a Premiership club not only as a way of farming out their young talent to other teams for experience but also as a way of developing commercial interests.

Those of you who are regular readers of this blog or attended the Public Open Meeting will know that we feel that our Club should be developing strategic partnerships with non-UK football clubs.

There is much more to football club partnerships then exchanging ideas, exchanging players and hopefully picking up a talented player or two. There can be huge advantages from a commercial aspect to be gained by developing brands, attracting wider support and additional sponsorship etc. There is also much to be gained from the communities and wider areas in which the Clubs concerned are located/ serve. These additional areas are often overlooked but could be just as important to a Club like ours going forward.

Going back to Juventus, it would appear that they have been in talks with Bolton Wanderers, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth however, they apparently favour linking up with Bolton. As reported in previous articles Bolton have been working hard on this area over the last few years and currently have strategic partnerships in Spain, China, South Africa and Iceland. They have also targeted India, the United States, Norway, Egypt and France as other areas in which to develop partnerships.

Five years ago, Bolton were closing to agreeing a link up with Juventus, perhaps this time they will finalise the deal. Any such deal would have an enormous beneficial impact on both Clubs but perhaps Bolton would have more to gain?

Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Charlton Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield United and Tottenham Hotspur have strategic partnerships with non-UK football clubs, our Club does not have one (as far as we know). Such an important issue is not about "keeping up with Jones's" it is about taking progressive forward thinking decisions to develop our Club today and beyond.

As mentioned in previous articles, when the trust is formed and raises funds perhaps the trust could finance or part-finance the development of these types of strategic partnerships which would be beneficial to our Club in so many positive ways and on so many levels.
http://mcfcsupporterstrust.blogspot.com/2007/03/city-left-behind-when-developing.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
I have always been a fan of such partnerships and sending some players to England seems like a brilliant idea to me. We all know that the EPL is one of the fastest leagues around, it would be a great experience for our youngsters to play there for a year or two. Don't know what we should do with the Bolton players though...

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
well EPL is easily the 'big money' league in Europe and if these partnerships means more money for Juve and a greater marketing presence then lets go get it. The EPL has the greatest global television audience and if we can get our logo and name in this market then we can increase our already great worldwide appeal.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Yeah and Boro or Portsmouth will be more than willing to use Juve's rejects or youngsters... :disagree:

Personally i say screw the premiership,i don't want any kind of partnership with english clubs nor i see any benefits for Juve...

Jul 2, 2006
Yeah and Boro or Portsmouth will be more than willing to use Juve's rejects or youngsters... :disagree:

Personally i say screw the premiership,i don't want any kind of partnership with english clubs nor i see any benefits for Juve...
I dont love english players and clubs,I hate some of them but if this is good for our club we must accept.

memoz

Promising youngster
Mar 26, 2007
I dont love english players and clubs,I hate some of them but if this is good for our club we must accept.
i agree but i think that it will be very good to send our youngester to an english club i mean sending a player on loan to a team like bolton and so on is better than sending your youngester on loan to a team in serie b that's what i think

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Bolton is solid squad, and it would be great hove partnership with them, even I don't like England I must admit that their league is most organised and everything and it would be nice to have strategic partner in England maybe we could learn something too...

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
ME. Spanish football is shit. Not a big premiership fan either like.

For real entertainment watch the Scottish Premier League and see how two teams can play each other for 90mins without completing more than two passes in a row.
Me,too.

About Scottish league: Your descriptions kinda remind me of the German national team of 2000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)