Juventus Intrested in Mexes ! (2 Viewers)

Nov 28, 2006
chivu is not the man to count on.
he's very overrated and makes a lot of errors during games too much of an up-and-down player.

he got the skills to be a world class (he is by the media) but he lacks mentality and dealing with pressure.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
now now now there is no need for that.....i mean most of teh threads in here are rumour(at best) with no grounding in reality

so until the window closes no more thread closures...well unless they sign for a new team

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Mexes signs Roma pact Friday 8 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philippe Mexes has ended speculation over his future by extending his deal with Roma until June 2011.

The Frenchman, who was previously contracted until 2008, signed a £1.7m a year agreement this afternoon which include a number of bonus options – and an £11m rescission clause.

“I have just signed and I am very happy,” said Mexes to Roma Channel.

“Now I will go to [the] Trigoria [training complex] then we will meet again in July. I knew that my relationship with Roma would be a long one,” continued the defender.

“When you sign and play with a team, you certainly don’t want to leave after only two seasons. This has been a difficult year for me, but now I am happy and I hope I will continue to do well.

“Roma are competitive and we will fight to obtain important results from now on.”

Teammate Cristian Chivu seems set to join Inter, though, after turning down an offer similar to the one signed by Mexes.

“I will be disappointed if he were to leave, he is a humble and calm player. If he goes I will wish him good luck and I will ask him to come back,” concluded the former Auxerre man.

Luciano Spalletti was also pleased with Mexes’ renewal and hopes that he will manage to convince Chivu to change his mind.

“I feel affection for all my players and we are working hard to keep our squad at the highest levels,” the tactician expressed.

“Chivu? We are doing all we can to keep him, but it is a difficult situation and we will have to wait and see what the player wants.

“I have been trying to call him but he hasn’t answered his phone. He still has a year on his contract and I am sure he would still give his all for his team if he were to stay.”

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)