Juventus FC v Internazionale Milan (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Alex has a good two weeks to recover yet, so GET OFF HIS BACK!

I would drop the useless Zambrotta, not only to the bench, but all the way back home, yes! he can be dropped from the squad!
We should IMO play Pessotto at left back, Iuliano and Montero at centre back, and Thuram right back.

Tacchinardi in front of the back four, with Camo, Nedved and Davids in front of him. The front two should be Trez and Di Vaio, or maybe Di Vaio and Oliveira as a support striker
Oliveira :howler: I'm afraid x-mas already passed! :D

Zambrotta. He's a very good player especially in his offensive tasks, the defending is where he sucks, so I'll agree with you to not use him in the back line. But I'm not sending him home just yet :D He should play instead of Camo, because he's notthe Camo from the start of the season. He's not causing any trouble on the pitch, but he's not very accurate.

Iuliano and Montero? :scared: :scared: :scared: Do you want to lose the game before it even starts? :D Get Montero out and bring on Ferrara ... yes he is better and I don't agree with what you said in the Man topic!

Keep Trez, he needs to play and he'll do better on on Sunday. It's not easy to be an only striker up-front. If we are going to play with 2 then he should definitely stay.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Oliveira :howler: I'm afraid x-mas already passed! :D
I was gonna use it as a kind of 'last chance saloon' for Oliveira. He's been given several opportunities, and lets face it, he hasn't taken them. Moggi has come out and said Oliveira is the best young player in the world, so I say lets give him a massive chance to prove it, against INTER! Plus he's a creative player and we have hardly any!

Zambrotta. He's a very good player especially in his offensive tasks, the defending is where he sucks, so I'll agree with you to not use him in the back line. But I'm not sending him home just yet :D He should play instead of Camo, because he's notthe Camo from the start of the season. He's not causing any trouble on the pitch, but he's not very accurate.
I agree that Camo is maybe not playing to the same standards he set earlier, but its still a damn sight better than Zambrotta..I mean come on, Zambo made Salas look half-decent yesterday! Can't cross, can't pass, can't shoot..why the hell would anyone play him?!

Iuliano and Montero? :scared: :scared: :scared: Do you want to lose the game before it even starts? :D Get Montero out and bring on Ferrara ... yes he is better and I don't agree with what you said in the Man topic!
Ah come on, you know how much I love Montero, I HAVE to say that! ;)

Keep Trez, he needs to play and he'll do better on on Sunday. It's not easy to be an only striker up-front. If we are going to play with 2 then he should definitely stay.
I'd love to keep him but on one condition, he actually moves! :D

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Just thought I'd mention this. I read at Football Italia that there's quite a number of injuries in the Internazionale team:

{extract}
“It has to be said that the injury situation is disastrous. We lost three players during the 90 minutes, Mohamed Kallon, Stephan Dalmat and Domenico Morfeo.”

“Effectively we were playing in ten men for the final twenty minutes as Morfeo was limping with a muscular problem.”

French midfielder Dalmat appears to have the worst injury and he has already been out of action for most of the campaign with muscular worries.

“It is a particular shame for Dalmat,” noted Cuper, “as he was just settling into his role. I fear he will be out of action for at least three weeks.”

The finger of blame will once again be pointed at the San Siro pitch, as Hernan Crespo and Francesco Coco also suffered thigh problems.

“The pitch may well be to blame, as Dalmat slipped, but Kallon and Morfeo did not appear to fall.”

There were eleven players missing before this match, but another three are ruled out for Sunday’s showdown with Juventus.

“Yes,” noted Cuper, “but don’t forget Alvaro Recoba, Ivan Cordoba and Gabriel Batistuta are clear to play in Serie A.”
{/extract}

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
how about everyone gets off zambrotta back. what the fvck did the others do?? nothing good i can tell you that much.

what was zambrotta meant to pass to?? Di Vaio?? who only existed half way up the field, or trezeguet who had 3 defenders on him in the box?? what could he do?? he made good runs and in the end, he had to stop and wait for an option!!

Poalo Montero, you are being too harsh on zambrotta, in this forum and in the xtratime forum as well.

You want to play a player, put Tudor in central defence, his true position!! no ferrara, nor iuliano!!

Montero needs to play, he is the only defender who knows Recoba well. And to me, he looks better when partnered by tudor mostly.

this would be my team:

------------buffon

thuram----tudor---montero----zambrotta

------------tacchinardi

camoranesi------------------davids

---------------nedved

---------trezeguet------di vaio

Di Vaio has to play upfront, not on the left behind trezeguet. Trezeguet as a lone striker isnt working!! he was isolated.

Get Di Vaio making those runs upfront, give him space and trezeguet space to run into, play good flowing football. use the whole pitch, and dont bunch 4 players near the box, its to tight and no one has space to move. that man utd game looked we had 4 forwards on the edge of the box....disgraceful!!

and i think nedved is pushing too far up. he naturaly pushes forward as a midfielder anyway. now, lippi is making him push even more, and we lose his work rate in the midfield when he does this.

make plenty of space for di vaio to run into upfront, then push up....otherwise Inter will just do what Man utd did to us, and with Vieri on the field, 3-0 against man utd wont look as bad, it could be double that score line.

DKNY

Feb 2, 2003
Cheerio!~:angel:
don't be that upset!!!~
home defeat is not that big deal anyway,every team has its Ups & Downs.
I do trust our JuVe guys,they can definitely make it on Sunday.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Zambrotta is playing fine in the back 4. The whole defence sucked against Man Utd, and it's a part of the squad I hoped they would've improved since before this season started.

Camoranesi has slowed down, but no one can keep up the way he started the season. Still an excellent player, and will be needed for some creativity vs. Inter.

Olivera should not play in a game such as this, unless absolutely needed. He may be a fine youngster, but he's hardly had numerous oppurtunities to impress to warrant a game for first place.

And ffs, don't play Di Vaio behind Trezeguet. He's not Miccoli. :D

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Possible formations from gazzetta.it...

Juventus(4-2-3-1): Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Pessotto, Tacchinardi, Davids, Camoranesi, Nedved, Di Vaio, Trezeguet.
Unavailable: Del Piero

Inter(4-4-2): Toldo, J.Zanetti, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Cordoba, Guly, C.Zanetti, Di Biagio, Recoba, Batistuta, Vieri.

Here's Inter's looooooooong unavailable list...
Serena, Ventola, Adani, Crespo, Almeyda, Emre, Beati, Okan, Kallon, Dalmat, Morfeo.

Kallon did play today, so I'm not sure if he picked up an injury. I think Dalmat got injured today. Not sure about Morfeo.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
..why?
collina's the man :)
That should say...
"Collina's the worst ref in Italy", shouldn't it?

Collina is a joke. When it comes to refereeing matches with big teams, he sees as his chance to be the star. It happens everytime. Let him ref Piacenza-Como ffs.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Tom why would you want Iuliano to play? IMO he is a very erratic defender who resorts to clumsy tackles which leads to you know what .... :D

OP

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

You know, I agree with what you're saying there, Nina....I dunno, Montero is a good def, but in some case he's doing a very careless things like unnecessary backpass or something like that...He scared me sometimes...:D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++

You know, I agree with what you're saying there, Nina....I dunno, Montero is a good def, but in some case he's doing a very careless things like unnecessary backpass or something like that...He scared me sometimes...:D
    I too agree Febrina.

Ferrara should play instead of Montero. Ferrara is actually very good defender even at this stage. Ok, he has definately lost a pace or two and he wasn't the quickest of defenders anway. However, Ciro is still strong man to man marker and shows desire to play the game week in and week out. Montero on the other hand looks, dazed, uninterested, and clusmy. It is quite safe to say, Montero's best days are now over, and should leave at the end of summer. I would pretty much play Adrian's formation except play Pessetto instead of Zambrotta. Having watched the team through out the season, I think 4-3-1-2 is the formation that suits us most. Also playing Montero and Ferrara is not a good idea against Vieri. Vieri will abuse them physically like Corradi did for Lazio. I think Tudor would be an ideal defender against Inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)