Juventus beat Rangers for Monaco's Nonda (tribalfootball.com) (1 Viewer)

carmine

Jul 28, 2004
Juventus beat Rangers for Monaco's Nonda
tribalfootball.com - February 10, 2005

Juventus have reportedly struck an agreement with AS Monaco striker Shabani Nonda.

The big centre-forward is off contract in the summer and has been speaking with several clubs about next season, including Juve and Rangers.

Nonda is said to have agreed terms over a five-year contract with Juve and has accepted that he will be loaned out next season. Bologna are favourites to sign the powerful centre-forward

Hope its true

Do u think that Roma would accept Nonda and Mutu for Cassano if Juve were to do it i think that Nonda will be used as a bargaining Chip.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by carmine ] ++
Juventus beat Rangers for Monaco's Nonda
tribalfootball.com - February 10, 2005

Juventus have reportedly struck an agreement with AS Monaco striker Shabani Nonda.

The big centre-forward is off contract in the summer and has been speaking with several clubs about next season, including Juve and Rangers.

Nonda is said to have agreed terms over a five-year contract with Juve and has accepted that he will be loaned out next season. Bologna are favourites to sign the powerful centre-forward

Hope its true

Do u think that Roma would accept Nonda and Mutu for Cassano if Juve were to do it i think that Nonda will be used as a bargaining Chip.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
IIRC, sports.it said that we have already signed a precontract with Nonda, and that we'll turn him over to Bologna when we get him.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's Rangers for crying out loud. You would think that a snap of Moggi's fingers would be enough to convince Nonda to drop the ambitious Scottish club and come play in the best league in the world. It's not like Real Madrid is our competition here.

May 30, 2004
i put cassano ahead of all the names mentioned... surprisingly i think he will give juve wht they are missing .. whtever it is .... mutu is good too but if i can get cassano in a streaight player swap fine but tking out the wallet too just not going to happen

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Well which one would you choose? France, England, even Germany as a 2nd choice. But Scotland? Come on.
Nobody goes to Rangers to play in Scotland. They go to Rangers to play in Europe ever season, garunteed. And they go to Rangers to play a big role in a big team whereas in a team like Juve, we could care less about a player like Nonda. If I were him, and I didn't have any affiliation to either team, I'd go to Rangers in a heartbeat...

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
Jan 14, 2005
A year in scotland can be great for players as we've seen many times. Where do you think Gattuso got his bite? :D Ok probably not, but anyways.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If we obtain Nonda he will most likely be used as a pawn for Moggi's bigger transfer agendas. With Mutu already being in Turin, I would choose him to be our backup instead of Nonda.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Nobody goes to Rangers to play in Scotland. They go to Rangers to play in Europe ever season, garunteed. And they go to Rangers to play a big role in a big team whereas in a team like Juve, we could care less about a player like Nonda. If I were him, and I didn't have any affiliation to either team, I'd go to Rangers in a heartbeat...
To play in Europe? They get eliminated in the qualifying rounds of the CL every year and then they go a few rounds in the Uefa Cup before they lose that too. Playing in Europe yes but with zero potential of ever winning anything or even going far in a tournament.

Besides I think you guys aren't giving Nonda enough credit. Compared to Trezzy, his finishing maybe a little inferior but his all round game is much stronger and he does score decisive goals. True he has been injured for a very long time but signing a player off a long injury like that pretty much indicates you are taking the gamble and hoping he will return to his best.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
IIRC, sports.it said that we have already signed a precontract with Nonda, and that we'll turn him over to Bologna when we get him.
By loaning Legrottaglie and Nonda to Bologna we'll probably gain an advantage in the chase for Meghni, if we still want him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)