juventus and creative midfielders (1 Viewer)

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
think we've all grown tired waiting on a new zizou, agreed, atm doesn't fit the capello methods but for god sake it gives u more options, won't give up hope til transfer deadline day

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Emerson was more creative at Roma, not in a Riquelme/Aimar way but was much more attacking and as im sure Nicole will back up, scored some good and important goals for Roma. With Vieira there to cover the back this could allow Emerson to go forward a little more.

JRulez i see you are from Scotland. Where abouts? You support any Scottish teams?

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
yeah, Boksic, I'm from Motherwell, used to be Rangers daft, but like to see the well getting good results. To be honest though the spl doesn't really excite me, prefer serie a and la liga from a viewing perspective.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
i so much wanted Pizarro, but I guess Moggi could go for Rosicky if Nedved recommended him ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
Emerson was more creative at Roma, not in a Riquelme/Aimar way but was much more attacking and as im sure Nicole will back up, scored some good and important goals for Roma. With Vieira there to cover the back this could allow Emerson to go forward a little more.
I think we'll see the biggest boon for Nedved, IMO.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Emerson was an attacking force at Roma when he had Dacourt behind him. No doubt Capello realizes that last season Emerson couldn't replicate that without a good DM behind him so he's gotten Vieira.

And as far as defensive midfielders go, Vieira is more creative than most.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Emerson was a great attacking option for us, however the difference is what club he is at now, Juventus have always been a far more cautious club then Roma when it comes to styles of play. So its far more likely that Capello will give Emerson similar instructions/role this season. Although inevitably you'll almost certainly see a better player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)