juventus all time-11 (2 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I started following Juve in the mid 90s so I'll make my team from the players I watched.

Judging only their performances for Juventus:
Buffon
Thuram - Barzagli - Chiellini - Zambrotta
Vidal - Pirlo - Nedved
Zidane
Del Piero - Trezeguet

Bench: Peruzzi, Lichtsteiner, Ferrara, Davids, Marchisio, Camoranesi, Dybala

Judging Juve players by their entire careers, not only by their time in Juventus:
Buffon
Dani Alves - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Evra
Zidane - Pirlo - Nedved
Ronaldo - Ibrahimovic - Henry

Bench: van der Sar, Thuram, Ferrara, Davids, Vieira, Del Piero, Inzaghi/Dybala/Tevez/Trezeguet/Vieri
In the 2nd XI: I'd replace Ibra with DP and make Ronaldo the CF, otherwise it's 100% spot on IMO.

But again, ANY Juve lineup without Del Piero (holder of all club records) is a lame attempt at trying to be cool/edgy/original or somthing :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
In the 2nd XI: I'd replace Ibra with DP and make Ronaldo the CF, otherwise it's 100% spot on IMO.

But again, ANY Juve lineup without Del Piero (holder of all club records) is a lame attempt at trying to be cool/edgy/original or somthing :D
That's not true, but also impossible

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But about 50 goals for each of them were scored in MLS. You know, against Americans
True.
Zlatan scored 53 of his 547 goals against MLS teams, while Henry scored 51 of 411 in the MLS. Then again, Del Piero scored 25 of his 343 in India and Australia.
Without those goals it's: Zlatan 494; Henry 360; Del Piero 318. Zlatan beats Del Piero by whooping 176 career goals and he's still scoring. So, I stand by that line-up I presented, though I admit it's completely irrelevant regarding Juventus and it's the first line-up I wrote that counts.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
True.
Zlatan scored 53 of his 547 goals against MLS teams, while Henry scored 51 of 411 in the MLS. Then again, Del Piero scored 25 of his 343 in India and Australia.
Without those goals it's: Zlatan 494; Henry 360; Del Piero 318. Zlatan beats Del Piero by whooping 176 career goals and he's still scoring. So, I stand by that line-up I presented, though I admit it's completely irrelevant regarding Juventus and it's the first line-up I wrote that counts.
You consider Ibra a better player than DP? Or just more fit for that conceptual line up?
I'm surprised but also curious for you to elaborate further on this.

CL is very important in comparing top players and despite playing for top clubs exclusively Zlatan hardly even reached a semifinal, chocking in CL his entire career; while DP played 4 CL finals and was arguably our only player that didnt choke in the lost ones.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You consider Ibra a better player than DP? Or just more fit for that conceptual line up?
I'm surprised but also curious for you to elaborate further on this.
Extremely different players. If I'm a coach, picking one of them for my team, I'd choose DP, because with Zlatan the team has to be created according to his needs and he hasn't proved that he can lead a team to international success. DP could work in any team. On an individual level, they both offer a lot and you can't compare them really because they offer different qualities. That's why I went with the goals they scored in their careers and here Zlatan beats DP not by 10 or 30 or 50, but by 204 goals and counting. As a matter of fact, I was choosing between DP and Henry in that line-up and on second thought, I could easily choose DP ahead of Thierry. Henry was precious for some 6 or 7 seasons in Arsenal, but so was DP before the injury. So... make it DP/Henry for that final spot.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Buffon; Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Pirlo, Davids; Camoranesi, Zidane, Nedved; Trezeguet. 4-2-3-1 formation

Not saying this is the best ever lineup, only my favourite since I started following Juve.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Montero and Cannavaro deserves some mention - one has been an absolute beast for us during our prime while the other one won a golden ball..

Also I`d put Davids instead of Pirlo.

Im glad Trez received recognition on Ronaldo`s expense but while I cant really think of one I do think we probably had better forwards than Trezeguet.

- - - Updated - - -

Best Juve XI of the decade:
Buffon
Cuadrado Barzagli Chiellini Lichtsteiner
Cuadrado Pirlo Vidal
Cuadrado Tevez Ronaldo​
Tevez was the best forward we had since Del Piero - He was simply amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)