juventus all time-11 (5 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Tbf that lineup was based on the entire careers of those players. :shifty:

But I still wouldn't drop Ale, he's THE GOAT. :stuckup:
Well yeah, entire careers, Henry had how many relevant years at a high level? between 2001-2011? Also based on entire careers, Ibra could be debated for a spot there for his longetivity if not for anything else but the goals measure given where/how most of those have been scored just seems biased and weird tbh, especially in this thread, so many factors to debunk it that it's not even worth going into it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its hilarious to see teams without Platini. Any french person would laugh his face off if you told it.

List made considering :
- Not 7 strikers and called it a team , while fucking cagliari would demolish it, but an actual solid team
- Based on peak performance and achievement
- Football before 1975 was amateurs cocking around

--------------------Buffon

Ferrara---Scirea---Gentile--Cabrini

--------------------Davids
-------------Zidane---Platini

-----Del Piero--------- C.Ronaldo
-----------------Trezeguet

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Penaldo has no place in all time Juve lineup and he never will. You need to replace him with maybe Baggio.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Leader and all, but on an individual level? Compared to the likes of Nedved, Vidal and Davids?
Tardelli then? Vidal is nowhere near an all time Juve XI imo. He was fantastic for two-three seasons, but any player who just played here for 4 years had to be Platini/ Zidane level to make it to all time XI.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
In a 4-3-3 which is mandatory to have Platini and Zidane, Davids is the most suited CDM.

Leadership is more than covered looking at that team

- - - Updated - - -

Tardelli then? Vidal is nowhere near an all time Juve XI imo. He was fantastic for two seasons, but any player who just played here for 4 years had to be Platini/ Zidane level to make it to all time XI.
Its simple. Zidane and especially Platini where so astronomically good, that the only question is "what third midfielder makes them play the best".

That would be a total beast of a CDM. Name me a better CDM then Davids ? Open to suggestion. Tardelli, Deschamps, Conte, Bonini,... all great but Davids is ahead of those, especially if the key goal is to make zidane+platini work

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I started following Juve in the mid 90s so I'll make my team from the players I watched.

Judging only their performances for Juventus:
Buffon
Thuram - Barzagli - Chiellini - Zambrotta
Vidal - Pirlo - Nedved
Zidane
Del Piero - Trezeguet

Bench: Peruzzi, Lichtsteiner, Ferrara, Davids, Marchisio, Camoranesi, Dybala

Judging Juve players by their entire careers, not only by their time in Juventus:
Buffon
Dani Alves - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Evra
Zidane - Pirlo - Nedved
Ronaldo - Ibrahimovic - Henry

Bench: van der Sar, Thuram, Ferrara, Davids, Vieira, Del Piero, Inzaghi/Dybala/Tevez/Trezeguet/Vieri
Imo Del Piero had a better career than Henry and Ibra.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It's not, and that's why they weren't included in my JUVENTUS all time 11. I thought my post was pretty clear.
That question you quoted was mostly referring to the goals comparison you made...

ok, no biggie anyway tbh, just that as many here pointed out aswell, i don't think that based on their careers alone there's anyway i'd place those two above Del Piero in that context, just had to debunk that notion, if you have a personal preference for what they have done/achieved i understand, but again i just feel it's not exactly appropiate to mention them in this conversation, as it's not true that based on their entire careers they'd be more worthy of a place in an all time 11, but then who knows maybe that's just my opinion too, imo they all had great careers, but for me personally Del Piero's stands out without a doubt in my mind and is surely deserving of a starting place in both of the versions you've posted. :grin:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I don't care what the criteria is, leaving Del Piero out of a Juventus XI is plain wrong.

Just a video i recently came across on youtube of all Juventus's goals in the last CL win 95/96 season, for the first few minutes of it swear i thought i'm watching a Del Piero individual highlights video lol, amazing goals,assists, skills everywhere... and bare in mind he was 21/22 years old only at the time.

Just an example of how nothing would've been the same without him, in any context. :)

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
My personal best ever...

Buffon(Zoff)
Thuram(Torricelli) - Chiellini(Ferrara) - Scirea(Gnetile) - Cabrini(Zambrotta)
Baggio(Furino) - Platini(Zidane) - Nedved(Tardelli)
Del Piero(Charles) - Trezeguet(Bettega) - Boniperti(Ronaldo)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My personal best ever...

Buffon(Zoff)
Thuram(Torricelli) - Chiellini(Ferrara) - Scirea(Gnetile) - Cabrini(Zambrotta)
Baggio(Furino) - Platini(Zidane) - Nedved(Tardelli)
Del Piero(Charles) - Trezeguet(Bettega) - Boniperti(Ronaldo)
Would get run over by 1 semi decent pressing team

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dislike all time XI who completely disregard the purpose of defensive midfielders.

We’ve had some great DMs at our club like Tardelli, Deschamps, Davids... so it’s not exactly slim pickings.
Exactly. One could even argue with a bit more midfield steel, and a legend benched, that the players who are on the field would play far better.

Mostly its incredible individual brilliance,and not a Xavi or Seedorf that makes the entire team play better

Remember when Makelele left Madrid? They where half the team, barely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)