Juventus 2011 US Tour (9 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Is there no stadium that's the right shape that they could use?
Of course there is. They could have it at Red Bull Arena like they did last year. But no, they have to have it at a dumbfuck baseball stadium where undoubtedly someone won't be right next to the pitch.

I don't care if half of Giants Stadium is empty, it's a better venue than Mets stadium for a lot of reasons.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
There aren't enough greasers your side to justify that trip, you guys have the mexican mafia and MS-13. Maybe Club America and Azul will make a trip to the Bay
There are plenty of Italiens in SF. Surprisingly enough Juve would probably get a pretty good crowd because of how many Mexicans would show up.

OP
Wahdan

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
  • Thread Starter #45
    I'm a bit clueless regarding their schedule, but I'm wondering if there any chance to see them.

I will be staying in LA from June 10th till July 30th, then I will be in NY till August 2nd. Any help?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I'm a bit clueless regarding their schedule, but I'm wondering if there any chance to see them.

I will be staying in LA from June 10th till July 30th, then I will be in NY till August 2nd. Any help?
    The exact schedule doesn't appear to be out yet. It doesn't look good for folks on the West Coast, but you never know. One friendly in NY and one in Philly, the third isn't set yet apparently.

DeBo

Dec 13, 2008
    The last time they played at Red Bulls Arena no one showed up. It's so much easier to get to Citi Field so I feel like that's their reasoning for playing there

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The last time they played at Red Bulls Arena no one showed up. It's so much easier to get to Citi Field so I feel like that's their reasoning for playing there
    :confused2

All you had to do was take the train out there. The stop is a couple blocks from the arena in Harrison.

It's just that the team isn't as popular as it was a few years ago.

May 4, 2011
    Im not quite sure that is entirely accurate...post/pre-season games aren't regularly sold out unless you are Manchester United or Real Madrid playing in Asia. I was at the Red Bulls game and the entire bottom tier was sold out with some folks at the top as well. If you ask me...given Juve's finish that year and the fact the match was in F**King Jersey...that was a good turn out. PLus 80% of the crowd was filled with Juve fans

DeBo

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, I'll concede. You guys are right. I guess it's just easier for me taking the train from CT to Grand Central then the 7 to Citi Field. I do like Red Bulls Arena though, was in the upper tier and had a great view

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The exact schedule doesn't appear to be out yet. It doesn't look good for folks on the West Coast, but you never know. One friendly in NY and one in Philly, the third isn't set yet apparently.
    Inter has been out here the past couple of years. Milan has. Real Madrid and Barca have been too (and I've seen Barca play here at Candlestick.) No Juve though.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Inter has been out here the past couple of years. Milan has. Real Madrid and Barca have been too (and I've seen Barca play here at Candlestick.) No Juve though.
    Inter came to Dallas last summer but I was busy with more important things plus I wasn't in town otherwise I would have gone and heckled the shit out of them and their dumb mexican fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)