Juve to bring back R.Baggio (1 Viewer)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i really hope Baggio comes back to Juve, he is immensly popular with fans of every team in Italy and so would add some popularity to Juventus at the moment

Its also great to see Juve treating their legends well by allowing them to continue working at the club eg Pessotto. Ac Milan have done this for many years and it seems to create a great spirit within the club which is essential, especially at such trying times.

I wonder who is next to come back Ravanelli?Boksic?maybe Paolo Montero as a security guard; nobody would mess with him!

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
We don't want people who are just famous, we want competent people! What says that Baggio is as good as a vice president as he was as a player?

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Akerman said:
We don't want people who are just famous, we want competent people! What says that Baggio is as good as a vice president as he was as a player?
Vice President doesn't actually do anything important, it's just a figure head position. I'm sure he knows enough about football to be able to follow the future triade's actions.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Baggio's agent, Vittorio Petrone, confirms that there are talks and that Roberto could be interested, in today's Gazzetto.
However, nothing is signed yet.

OP
Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    Baggio agent confirms Juve option
    Thursday 1 June, 2006

Roberto Baggio could really be set for a romantic return to former club Juventus, his agent has confirmed.

Reports this week had indicated that Baggio may become the club’s new Vice-President as the outfit plans for the post-Triade era in Turin.

Although Vittorio Petrone – the Divin Codino’s manager – insists nothing has been decided, he did tellingly leave the door open for such a move.

“I can’t say at this moment that Baggio will return to Juventus as a director,” Petrone is quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“However, I can’t deny that this hypothesis could become concrete.”

Juventus are looking to freshen up the club’s image, to re-introduce the legendary Juve 'style’ which has been tainted over the last decade.

“Baggio has always been a spokesman for real values and if an opportunity arises which takes that into consideration then there is the possibility of collaboration,” added the agent.

The Agnelli family, who own the club, have indicated that they want to hire an individual with a significant past as an Old Lady player.

“Roberto would carefully evaluate a proposition like this under certain circumstances,” added Petrone.

“The final decision will be up to him though and will be a consequence of the project which he is presented with.”

Baggio would be a popular appointment at the Stadio Delle Alpi given his legendary status in Italian football.

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
    axlrose85 said:
    btw,does 'il divin codino' stand for the 'the divine one' or the 'the divine ponytail'?i remember the latter one being his nickname.
    It means "The Divine Ponytail"

What a player....just writing about him puts a smile on my face :)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    I guess I'm the only unhappy one.
    Quoting another post of mine:

isha00 said:
    Well, Baggio is also the one who refused to shoot a penalty against Fiorentina, when he played for us. After the match he picked up a Fiorentina scarf and put it on.

Anyway, his role would be only a representative one. As far as I see, the only thing his persona expresses is good football. Unfortunately, playing well isn't our most concerning problem at the moment. Baggio has no experience, is not a Juventino, isn't known to be a man true to his word, he's not what you'd call a great communicator, he's too young. The media will turn their back on him when they'll smell bianconero on his skin.

I think we could do a lot better than Baggio..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)