JUVE TACTICS and Di Vaio/Mutu (1 Viewer)

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
Hey guys, we just lost to Brescia and I've already started to hear criticism towards Di Vaio:confused:even to the extent that he was asked to go back home to parma. Now as far as I've heard, we payed alot of money for Marco , even if it was to get hom on loan:eek:I,m not sure which one. Anyway, it seems that Parma have gotten a much better replacement in that of Adrian Mutu, and even weirder for much cheaper. Unfortunately for me I have no access to Serie a anymore so I cant see either play, but from reports it seems that Mutu is much better and he creates chances too. Now I definately am not an Inter fan nor Parma, but Adriano also seems better at the moment:dazed:

Now maybe I didn't see enough of D Vaio or Mutu etc but please tell me that Parma did not rip us off with Di Viao for loads of money, found a cheaper and better replacement in that of Mutu and fooled us into loaning Brighi in too:fero: Please paste your comments because I dont cosider myself any big football analyser:D I am a 100% Juve fan and always will be but I just find it hard for our team to knock the ball properly around the field preferaby in a 1 touch progession.:sob: and West Ham's game was showing:yuck:.Anyway I was suprised by the level of understanding that they had with each other as in where each other were going to be{ like Leverkusen last year.}

Even Sunderland on their chances really knocked the ball pretty ggod.Like how Real and AC and even Manchester knock the ball.

Honestly speaking I just dont see that , we never really perform well as a team.Instead its just glimpses of individual talent from Nedved, DelPiero, or Camoranesi and some finishing. Yes we win alot, but dont you find it unattractive??? I mean sometimes I feel like were so amature in midfield, like we just give the ball away, especially Tacchinardi. Just a bad pass to loose the ball.

Is it Lippi that restricts us, or is it the players that we have?
Once again I love Juve but I just dont think that we are performing to our abilities.
Please reply to the post and give your views:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
it is true!!! not we do not play an attractive passing football like Valencia does! we also depend on individual talents alot! all the 4 goals scored against roma and Depo were individual talents!!!

Biri, against depo was a long range effort!
Neddy, against depo was another long range effort!
DP, against roma was a header from a corner!
Neddy, against roma i would say this was the only goal of the bunch that came from team play!

i would blame it on the coach as it is his job to create a team play! maybe if it wasn't for the very frequent rotational system he plays then we would probably have a better understanding between our players!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
we are a team of individuals. I doubt we could put more than 10 passes together unless it was along the back line.

oh god how I wish we could play like valencia

tach-davids-camo-nedved-delpiero-trez

albelda-baraja-rufete-vicente-aimar-carew

well, why can't we play like them dammit!! are our players inferior? I think not!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
Tom i don't think it is the players as much as that it is the coach! don't get me wrong i Love Lippi and what he has done for juve so far! but it is the coach who impliments the style of play for teams! don't u guys think it would be a good idea bringing a spansih coach??? most italian coaches prefere playing a defensive game!

Valencia didn't always play this kind of football! when Cuper was the coach they played defensive football with a great emphasize on counter attacks!

OP

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Guys I'm really glad that you seem to understand my point:D
    I mean I love Juve but even the win against Dynamo Kiev was just the fact that we scored goals and not that we played well.:(
    But can it really be Lippi's fault, I really hope not because I praise him and Capello more than any other coaches in the world!!!

He's coached some great Juve sides , so why cant he do it again:confused: You think maybe it might be that he can do it agian but our midfield is incapable of doing this so he just works with what he has.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Parma only "ripped us of" when it comes to the 2 year Brighi loan. The price for Marco wasn't all that high, as he had a good season last year. I think that if other great clubs (especially Inter and Milan) wouldn't get "star" reinforcements we wouldn't buy him in the first place. We just had to make the fans happy and bring in a "star" as to not be left behind in the mercato. Why we didn't get afetr Mutu is beyond me, maybe his profile wasn't as big as Di Vaio's, maybe we wanted and Italian player, maybe we thought that Mutu was too young, maybe Moggi's mercato ball wasn't working proparly ... the bottom like is that we expected Marco to do well as he's no rookie to this game. What's going on at the moment is a "surprize" to everyone. It's not like he didn't have time or the opportunity (he started in almost all the games) to play and after all that he showed in Parma we also know that he doesn't lack skill ... although that's under a big ? right now!

The thing is that as long as Trez is injured Marco will be a starter. And we won't sell him, not till summer. We are stucked with him. Salas or Zalayeta wouldn't perform any better IMO. Bringing one of the youngsters back from loan or shiping in Cavenaghi in January wouldn't hurt although noone will know how they'll do once they come in Juve :sigh:

I think that we performed well as a team this season, Milan game being a great example. We are not functioning well at the moment, but I'm sure we're gonna get back on track soon. All the counter-attacks that were transformed into goals a couple of times show that the team works well together as knowing eachone's position and reading the game of teammates is the key factor in this actions :)

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sheva ] ++
    Guys I'm really glad that you seem to understand my point:D
    I mean I love Juve but even the win against Dynamo Kiev was just the fact that we scored goals and not that we played well.:(
    But can it really be Lippi's fault, I really hope not because I praise him and Capello more than any other coaches in the world!!!

He's coached some great Juve sides , so why cant he do it again:confused: You think maybe it might be that he can do it agian but our midfield is incapable of doing this so he just works with what he has.

Valencia playing offensively! give me a break. Did you know how many goals they scored last season? almost as much as Real conceded! Their coach is being criticised for being too defensive!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    that was last season! this season they are completely different, they play fantastic, beautiful football and score lots of goals!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++

Valencia playing offensively! give me a break. Did you know how many goals they scored last season? almost as much as Real conceded! Their coach is being criticised for being too defensive!
    they were able to beat Liverpool both in spain and england

they also managed to beat basel 6-2 in a very open game!!! don't u think that is offensive?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Started off with a defensive Cuper team and soon to be very successful, now Benitez turned the page and going forward in style :cool:

supporter

Dec 10, 2002
    Valencia playing beautiful fooball becasue they have a player which plays a beaufiul football (Aimar), in his position we have Nedved which plays great but not beautiful football.

Aug 20, 2002
    We just need one more really creative player then we would have a great mid because at the mo if dp or neddy gets injured/suspended/or needs a rest then we only have one real inventive player. This is where we could buy a player like Ronaldinho.What do u think to this. We could sell salas to help pay for him and as PSG are in trouble at the momment they have basically said they will sell him in the summer.

------------------DP---------------------TrEz-----------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------Ronaldinho--------------------------
    Nedved----------------------------------------Camoranesi
    --------------------------Davids------------------------------

This could be the attack/ mid it would be so good and u may say ohhh its unrealistic but why not we would only have to buy ronaldinho and my god does he create some chances and he would force other teams to spread the defence rather than just cover DP and Nedved.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    switch ronaldinho for aimar and I will be happy ;)

also davids won't play the gholding role by himself, we need tach in their to sit back and let davids attack

Jul 12, 2002
    There is no reason to believe that either Aimar or Ronaldinho is coming to Juve. Why do we insist upon keeping such false hopes? Nedved is our playmaker, he is our offensive mid-fielder, and he is not likely to be replaced in the next few seasons. We are not weak in the offensive mid-fielder position, we are weak in the left wing position. Nedved is not a left winger, or would he be best used there.

Given that Nedved is not a great left winger, and that even if he were effective there, he would be best used in the offensive mid-field role, should not Juve be looking to strengthen our three areas of weakness? Jvue need to look to strengthen these areas:
    1. Wingers: Camoranesi and Zambrotta are both talented players, but Zamby is not a real wing player like we need him to be and Camo is a right sided player. Thus, we need a left wing, it is quite simple.

2. Defense: In the next two years, Juve will need to replace: Montero, Ferrara, Fresi, Birindelli, Pessotto, and possibly Thuram. Thus, we need to start getting some good young talent. We already have Gamberini and a couple of other players, but we need at least one central defender and one full back for next year.

3. Defensive mid-field: Davids is not a defensive mid-fielder, and he is unwilling and unable to play that position effectively. Tacch has continued to show that he is unable to play at a level becoming of a Juventus starter. It is time to move on, Tacch was promising in the beginning, and showed well when Zidane was here, but he is not a player capable of performing in this system.

So, we've established that Juve have three very specific needs and they need to be taken care of in a timely manner. What do we do? We sell players that we don't need and buy players that we do. Sounds simple right?, that's because it is.

We need four players, and we need them as soon as possible:

1. Left wing: this is perhaps our team's greatest weakness and we need to adress it immediately. I see several possible options: D'alessandro, Joaquin, or just put Del Piero out on the wing. The last option has two problems: 1 it leaves us a little short in the forward line, and 2 DP isn't likely to start acting like a winger, but it is better than nothing.

2. Central Defense: this is easy, there are lots of good players, we jsut need to pick one and really go after him. I see three good options: Chivu, Mexes, or Hofland.

3. Full back: again, this one is very easy, we need to get someone that we know can do the job. I see two options here: O'brien or Armand

4. Defensive mid-field: this is the sticker. I haven't got a clue who we could get to fill this position, my thought is that Gerrard or Hargreaves would be ideal solutions, but niether seems keen on leaving England.

So, here is the formation:

--------------Buffon
    --Thuram---Tudor--Holfand---O'Brien
    -----------------Def Mid
    --Camo-------------------------D'alessandro
    -----------------Nedved
    --------Trez---------------DP

What do you think?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    There is no reason to believe that either Aimar or Ronaldinho is coming to Juve. Why do we insist upon keeping such false hopes?
    well there's also no reason to believe that d'alessandro, o brien or hofland is joining, really is there?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    well there's also no reason to believe that d'alessandro, o brien or hofland is joining, really is there?
    I have at least heard rumors about d'alessandro, but o'brien and hofland are just other options, to fill spaces that we need filling, unlike Aimar who has not been connected to Juve, and is not needed in the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)