JUVE TACTICS and Di Vaio/Mutu (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I have at least heard rumors about d'alessandro, but o'brien and hofland are just other options, to fill spaces that we need filling, unlike Aimar who has not been connected to Juve, and is not needed in the team.
ok..btw which O'Brien?

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
it is true!!! not we do not play an attractive passing football like Valencia does! we also depend on individual talents alot! all the 4 goals scored against roma and Depo were individual talents!!!

i would blame it on the coach as it is his job to create a team play! maybe if it wasn't for the very frequent rotational system he plays then we would probably have a better understanding between our players!
I beg to differ, I should think we are playing well this season and also have the potential to do much more.For me it would become boring to watch all teams play like valencia/real/whatever without any variety.

I should think the type of football a team plays is to a larger extent determined by the type of players you have. Juve is playing like it is bcos it has no players like ZZ but we play a fast counter attacking soccer bcos we have players like nedved, davids,thuram and DP who are very fast.The main problem that i see is the backline as it is old and will soon need to be replaced.

And I'll defend nedved bcos he has proved to be a great player. If u've watched some of our games so far this season u'll know what i'm talking about. He's not that great at dribbling but he's a hardworker and very good at passing(especially one time passes,he's got vision) and he's also started scoring regularly lately.

Those who say we are not playing as a team i really don't know what to say to them, bcos our games like the ones versus milan, inter, kiev prove otherwise. I should think it's just some people prefer us to make 10 passes b4 we score, but why 10 if 3-4 good ones can do the job???

About Di Vaio: I was so pissed off with the guy after the Brescia game, he unbeliavably missed a free header with the keeper well beaten and he also hesistated to capitalise on the mistake of a brecia palyer.I would attribute our loss to him bcos that would have changed the game in our favour as it was kinda closed with brescia defending well and the pitch also seemed small.

But my take is I'M SATISFIED WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING FOR US!!:D

CONGRATS TO LIPPI AND THE TEAM:cool:

FORZA JUVE!!

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvesta ] ++

Juve is playing like it is bcos it has no players like ZZ but we play a fast counter attacking soccer bcos we have players like nedved, davids,thuram and DP who are very fast .
Excellent post!

I agree with everything u said except DP being very fast!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
Alright, maybe you and I are watching different games, but DP is a quick player, he ahs good acceleration and he is fast on the ball. He is not going to beat Henry or Overmars in a footrace, but for an Italian forward he is speedy.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think lac's point is quite important, he may not be the paciest but he can turn with the ball in speed and that saves a lot of time on a player who can run but has poor ball skills. Although it seems he has regained some speed this year, it seemed to be lacking the past few years, he's braver now I think.

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
<DAVIDZ>
I agree with everything u said except DP being very fast!!!!
</DAVIDZ>

You have a point on that DAVIDZ but i would thank laresca,Rickenbacker2 and Alex bcos they have answered you very well(exactly what i had on my mind) and therefore saved me a few posts. To cement what they said, two games come in to mind, DP's goal against Udinese at the end of last season and his pass to Thuram for our 2nd goal against milan. Not the fastest but very good in counter attacking situations.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Hrm, Valencia is being used as a yardstick here?

IMHO, Juve is different from Valencia/Deportivo etc in many aspects so a direct comparison isn't so accurate.

First, the players. In our first 11, its true that Juve does have some of the absolute best footballing technicians around. However, although the good are really good (DP, Thuram, Trezeguet and to a slightly lesser extent, Camo, Nedved and Davids), the bad are really mediocre. Hence, the overall 1st-team technical quality seems inferior to the Spaniards. Football is a team game. To play a possession and fluid game like the Spaniards do, all-round technical ability is a must.

Secondly, apart from general technical ability, the kind of players Juve have? I believe the midfield (particularly the central) is the most representative portion of a team's style. The 4 main players in Nedved-Davids, Tach-Tudor (surprisingly) are the backbone in the central midfield. The Nedved-Davids duo certainly have the technical ability but are more of kick-and-rush players ... ball bringers and runners. I'll use ZZ as the reference here and its clear that do not have the kind of composure that characterized the vintage 96-98 versions. Tach-Tudor are a poor-man's version of Deschamps-Jugovic et al. Not only are they lacking technically but also in terms of organization and influence. What our central midfield excels in though is a high-powered game, built on pressing space and forcing chances instead of creating through prettier play. This, I believe, is why Nedved was bought not to replace ZZ and his kind of play but instead to alter Juve's midfield gameplan.

Lastly, different leagues and differing mentality. Spain plays a more open game. Even the smallest teams try to attack the biggest ones by seizing the initiative. Valencia's/Deportivo's styles are a reflection of their league's characteristics - their technical football thrives in that environment. It is unrealistic to expect Juve to adopt that kinda style with the likes of Brescia etc. The Serie A environment is highly tactical and nothing is left to chance, the very element that is fundamental to the free-flowing style everybody likes. Obviously, exceptions exist like AC Milan but look how we dealt with them at home? :D

Hence, I would like to think that our difficulties in doing a Valencia/Deportivo are a mixture of all 3 areas instead of any one in particular. For this season at least, I don't think Juve will be radically changing their current gameplan since it'll probably do more harm than good. The January transfers will not be too revolutionary in personnel, I fear. All in all, it raises another issue - does Juve suit tactics to players or vice versa in formulating their campaign gameplans? Looking at the rather old age of all our key players, I'd say there is a very good chance of an entirely different style of play next season or the one after next.

Otherwise, I agree with what most others have posted about the team's weakness and suggested buys, hehe :D

Just my humble opinion!

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Ok, regarding Juve tactics... let's talk bout it :)

Defence: We're pretty ok with our defence so far, with Biri doing ok as our left back but I see Pessoto getting back his place. Thuram should stick as right-back *referring to Bresica game* and I feel Ferrara and Montero should start in the centre (though I prefer Iuliano over Montero :p) We have decent subs for defence, and we have the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, Gigi Buffon. But Buffon has to pull up his socks *referring to Bresica game* and well, I didn't watch the Basel game but we kept a clean sheet so good work defence!:thumb:

Midfield: We don't have the best midfield nor the most creative midfield, but we have a decent midfield. Like I said before, Camo is doing well on the right, and Nedved is doing well too in the centre. We need a good holding mid and a left winger, and I also don't think Taachinardi deserves to start. He loses the ball easily, and doesn't go in for the tackles, and his passes are shit. Davids is a better holding mid IMO and he can push up and help with the attack, though that might leave gaps at the back. But with Davids stamina, I'm sure he'll recover his position in time. As for our left winger, I don't see why Zambrotta cannot play there, he's some what like Camo as in the sense he links up with the fullback well, but lacks the creativity. We don't need a skillful left winger, we need somebody to get the balls in.

Attack: Trez... DP... DV... Salas... Zala.... need I say more? We have good dept in our attack. Trez and DP rule :star:

Therefore I hope we just switch our midfield around a bit and get Buffon to play better.

OP

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    Wait, wait, yeah I could see that Zamby, Davids,Nedved and Camo are a pretty good midfield, but can we knock like Man U on a their good day.
    I just really dont get why we cant:down:
    Is it just the league and the space allocated to us. Example Fulham mightn't close down all space like Bologna. Is it something like that or is it that we need a Spanish coach or like Topmoller from Bayer Lever or something.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    i don't see why we can't knock Man U on their day... i mean the midfield i stated aren't gonna sit back against Man U and get out-classed... look, they're all determined and should give their best...

the midfield battle won't be easy, but anything can happen ;)

so cheer up!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm sorry to say but it seems that Parma have come off the better following this move. Di Vaio hasn't really helped us at all and I would rather have Brighi in our squad right now. Plus,Mutu and Adriano have been superb this season. We would have been better off keeping Brighi and purchasing Mutu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)