Juve pre-season matches (47 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
well, you have me to thank for that, I think :D

I posted some time ago that Juve was making a big mistake by putting Krasic at the center of their new project ... at that time hardly anyone spoke of him as anything but a fixed point of reference in the new Juve ... and I was even accused of trying to undermine and ruin Juve for suggesting that and couldn't be trusted being a Milan fan and all :D
i dont think he was meant to be the center by choice but rather circumstance, he along with quag were our only real weapons last season. He's yet to establish a rapport with licht and vucinic. And with the addition of a solid LW he'll be fine imo

Buy on AliExpress.com

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Didnt watch the first half so I cant comment on it (although the fact we were down 2-0 speaks volumes), but I didnt mind what I saw second half.We still clearly need an LW though, not to say Pasquato didnt have a good game but we need a quality player there. I DONT want to see Vidal or Marchisio played on the left either. Vucinic is a great player, I think he will score and set up a few goals for us this year. Lichtsteiner never stops running, what a difference having a quality RB is for the team.

Still plenty of work to do though, both in the transfer market (new LW and CB) and on the training ground. I hope the curse of that cup lives on.

Forza Juve.
Second half was a good half for us but the first was horrible, Marchisio was more or less like a referee just running from side to side not marking any players, Bonucci was his usual self making mistakes left right and centre, Krasic trying his same old moves.

Lichsteiner was really impressive along with Del Piero and Pirlo. Vidal was on the left wing in the first half and obviously didn't do much as it isnt his position

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I just don't understand why Conte opted to play Vidal there? Why didn't he start with Pasquato on the left, and Vidal in the centre. We better see that against Udinese, we can't afford to be playing players out of positions constantly. This is what the summer mercato is for to buy players that fit, not vice versa.
Yeah I'm worried he might think 4-3-3 is just 4-2-4 with a CM on one wing :scared:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Obviously not good enough. People will say it's just a friendly but we only have one week left to prepare. The defense will obviously be a problem because there are no indications it has actually improved over the summer, to me it looks like watching last season again.
Not that disagree with what you said but it's somehow funny that you used to jump and say "it's just a friendly" when others bring out something positive from the game.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Vidal can be a decent sub for LW, he just needs some time. He is a very intelligent player that can play in a myriad of positions. He isn't Marchisio.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He reminds me a bit of Palladino. :touched:

Wait a minute... :shifty:
The Italian Pedro? :weee:

Second half was a good half for us but the first was horrible, Marchisio was more or less like a referee just running from side to side not marking any players, Bonucci was his usual self making mistakes left right and centre, Krasic trying his same old moves.

Lichsteiner was really impressive along with Del Piero and Pirlo. Vidal was on the left wing in the first half and obviously didn't do much as it isnt his position
I said it before, I'll say it again: I like Lich.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I missed the first half but what I saw in the 2nd half was a huge difference from the last 2 seasons.

Our fullbacks are a major step up from the crap we've had. Shit, even DC is stepping up his game. For once we looked composed on our half. With Alex coming in we can bench Bonucci, he can't start ffs.

We def. need a creative LW and we really should be creating more up front. Hopefully Quag recovers from his injury and gets match fitness. If he's able to showthe same form from last year then with him and Vucinic we look good upfront.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We beat Milan last year in the Berlu cup, and we lost this one. Big deal.

Our play was looking really good in the second half. I'd say we're closer to what we saw in the second half, than in the first. Don't think into too much.

We just got to hope some solid players come here for us this week, such as Alex.

Whether it be Pasquato, Affelay, or any other, we better play with a proper LW.

Vidal should be in the centre alongside Pirlo.

We'll have a good match against Udinese in my opinion.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Ah OK. Fair enough.

I still liked the way we looked in the second half though. There has been an improvement over last season IMO but we need the right personnel in two key positions. This sudden Krasic scapegoating has me puzzled as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)