Juve pre-season matches (52 Viewers)

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I can't really criticize any of our players today (well, except Matri, but this one hasn't much to do with our weak performance) and Conte is the only one guilty for the shit game we had.

It's unbelievable how we put a low dline against fucking Betis. Worst, we just press in our own half and certainly not as a team. Sometimes, we see an offensive guy running like a fool without support, sometimes, and that is certainly worrying to me. Our players (except Pirlo, obviously) simply do not have a single clue of what they need to do with the ball and just begin to make silly long passes when pressed up. Worrying again, we can't create from the back as a dominant team because of the several supports to our players lacking due to the static formation.

Our two midfielders sit deep close to the centrebacks and create a HUGE gap between them and the strikers (who don't drop down as well), even if none of them (Marchi and Pirlo) is a natural anchorman. We would desperately need a trequartista to put this Conte's formation working as we have no links between our main sectors, but even then...

I'm worried with a friendly match, yes, but that's because we should already look much better in this phase. I hope I'm wrong, but if Conte sticks with his planes, I see him failing miserably this coming season, unfortunatelly.

For the guys who just want to live in a fantasy world and avoid the facts, don't reply please, because my post wasn't by any means about the final result, but the performance. Of course we can still improve a lot, but our preseason is worrying and is and Conte's ideas seem a bit flawed thus far. Ohh, and keep asking for more and more players and bashing on our current ones, because that's certainly the way to go. :rolleyes:

Barcelona worked on this style for many years now. Conte (well, any coach) working with the team for just over a month isn't going to develop that, sorry.
Villas Boas kinda did that with Porto, except he/they did not play like Barca. Although you can clearly see some similarities in the game style, AVB created his own style and in one month he was already rocking on and winning trophies. Just to destroy your any coach theory. ;)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Conte: " Betis were better than us Phisically, generally italian teams suffer against spanish teams because they have strong possession of the ball. We must work hard, to obtain great results and achieve our objectives, it's true we made a lot of mistakes, but it's ok with me cause i'm the one who's always asking my players to play the ball. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But when we did today we looked dangerous and presented some difficulties for Betis"

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Chelsea lost ALL their friendlies if I'm not mistaken when they won the double in 2009-2010. I'm not saying we'll win the double, I'm saying preseason friendlies are no indication of your season form where it's do or die. Get the money, experiment and move on. Football101

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's not about the results or even the performance. Just look at the tactics. Are you telling me Conte is practicing something he doesn't intend to use?

Our intentions are clear. We are playing this awful 4-4-2, sitting deep and isolating our strikers just like last year. If you think you can win anything nowadays playing like this, you don't have a fucking clue about the sport.

If we somehow start the season playing a different way than this then Conte is a sly dude but I don't see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)