Juve: Prandelli or Deschamps (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
Juventus supremo Luciano Moggi has confirmed that the new coach of the Old Lady will be Cesare Prandelli or Didier Deschamps.
Moggi has confirmed that he has approached both about taking over from Marcello Lippi - who has already confirmed his intention to leave Stadio Delle Alpi in the summer.

Both Parma coach Prandelli and Monaco's Deschamps (pictured) were strongly tipped when Lippi announced his departure last week - and now Moggi has revealed that the new manager will come from one of those two.

"Who will be the new coach? One between Prandelli and Deschamps," Moggi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We have spoken with both of them and we will take the decision after May 12.

"Deschamps and Prandelli are both good.

"Deschamps has been a player of mine, and was a coach already when he was on the pitch.

"From this point of view he reminds me of [Fabio] Capello and [Carlo] Ancelotti.

"Prandelli is working in a good way with young players. For him results are talking.

"But I repeat, we will make the choice after May 12."

After guiding his side in to the UEFA Champions League final, Deschamps insisted he was only thinking of Monaco.

"I am firmly in a job at Monaco until the end of the season - afterwards we will see," said the former Juve star.

"It is not part of my thoughts at the moment."

Monaco have also stated their desire to keep Deschamps.

"The management of Monaco has offered to extend Didier Deschamps's contract," club president Pierre Svara told L'Equipe.

"We are in negotiations. He was pleased and said he was enjoying his time at Monaco.

"The extension will be from one to three years."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
And if you hear this, it becomes clear that Trezeguet will leave
:down::down::down::down:
:dontcare::dontcare::dontcare:
:fero::fero::fero:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Moggi and Bettega will hopefully say this:

"Our new coach will be Cesare Prandelli, he also brings Alberto Gilardino and Matteo Ferrari with him to Juve."

And even more:

"Also Philippe Mexes has signed a contract with Juve, he has contract that will keep him in here at least 4years."

Well, that's my dream... :D

Jul 12, 2002
Between Prandelli and Deschamps, I'd have to take Didier. As much as Prendelli would be good for our youngsters, I think that Didier would offer us a greater chance to accomplish something in the short term as well as building for the future.

OP
simpson-juvefan
Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    I don't know which of them i would chose, i think both did a great job or a fantastic!!!

Prandelli formed a young, talented super team which fight for CL places!

And Deschamps he goes into the final, just great!!

hmm. i hope we make the right desicsion but i think with one of them we can't make a mistake!!!!!

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
    I would say Prandelli. He works well with youngsters and he deserves an opportunity like this one, and since Juve politic is the farm I say Prandelli all the way.

Nofuture

Mar 30, 2003
    Both of them can lead Juventus, and both can bring new players into Juve squad trom theirs. Lets think, if Deschamps take over, so Rothen and Evra probably can come! That's greate, because we need some more strenght on left side..
    And if Prandelli will come, Gilardinho and some defenders are wellcome :)

So wich of him we need more?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
    Moggi and Bettega will hopefully say this:

"Our new coach will be Cesare Prandelli, he also brings Alberto Gilardino and Matteo Ferrari with him to Juve."

And even more:

"Also Philippe Mexes has signed a contract with Juve, he has contract that will keep him in here at least 4years."

Well, that's my dream... :D

i have dreams to. its more along the lines of deschamps joining as coach and bringing over morientes, evra, squillaci and convincing mexes to join as well. Also, he stops off at parma and grabs ferrari and gilardino while stopping in ajax to pick up trabelsi and van der vaart. werid these bloody dreams are.:D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Damn... for the past 4-5 months I have been asking myself this question. Keeping in mind arguments in favor of both I keep leaning from one to another. So for now I don't have anything to say...

Except for: at least we don't have Del Neri on the shortlist. Things aren't that bad...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

i have dreams to. its more along the lines of deschamps joining as coach and bringing over morientes, evra, squillaci and convincing mexes to join as well. Also, he stops off at parma and grabs ferrari and gilardino while stopping in ajax to pick up trabelsi and van der vaart. werid these bloody dreams are.:D
    Wow... I also have dreams but in my dreams the maximum number of new players is 4 :D

Jul 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    I'd be happy with either of them :thumb:
    Agree, but only if:
    1.Deschamps-bring with him Evra, Rothen and maybe Morientes and Squilaci:)
    2.Prandelli will bring Gilardino and Ferrari

That's my dream :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)