Juve offer Trez for Lampard (1 Viewer)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Juve offer Trez for Lampard
Sunday, 09 May 2004
--------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have offered David Trezeguet in a swap for deal for Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard in a sensational deal.
Chelsea are keen to sign French international Trezeguet for next season, as they look to continue their big-spending plans at Stamford Bridge.

The Italian giants are willing to let Trezeguet leave as long as Chelsea include Frank Lampard as part of the deal.

Lampard's future at Chelsea is uncertain as the England international is stalling on a new deal, as he wants to be brought in line with the club's top earners after a brilliant season in West London.

The former West Ham United star's form in the UEFA Champions League has caught the attention of a number of top clubs and Lampard's agent Steve Kutner admitted that Juve had contacted Chelsea about the midfielder.

"Yes, it is true that Juventus have contacted Chelsea about Frank and have told them they want him," Kutner told the News of the World.

"It is certainly interesting from our point of view that Juventus are ready to give Frank a contract while Chelsea are reluctant.

"I'd like to have an explanation for that from someone at Chelsea."

The Blues are unlikely to be willing to swap Lampard for Trezeguet and they could face a fight for the French striker anyway, with Barcelona also in the running for his signature.

------------------------------------------

This would be a dream come true! Lampard is the man I want in our midfield. He impressed me so much, as he is a real leader and could replace Davids better than Emerson. Also, he would come cheaper!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'd take Lampard for Trez + cash, if we were guaranteed that he'd play as well in Serie A as he's playing in England. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I absolutely love the guy. Along with Duff, Mutu and Cole he's one of the few Chelsea players I can stand. I hope he doesn't come here and ruin his career though, he can be class in EPL for many years to come

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I'd take Lampard for Trez + cash , if we were guaranteed that he'd play as well in Serie A as he's playing in England. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I absolutely love the guy. Along with Duff, Mutu and Cole he's one of the few Chelsea players I can stand. I hope he doesn't come here and ruin his career though, he can be class in EPL for many years to come
thats right.. if we dont get cash, at least 10£ + lampard then forget this deal... Am i asking 2 much?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That would be an amazing deal. Our defence been crap this season, but some portion of the blame has to be taken by the midfield which has offered very little protection with Tacchinardi and Appiah having mediocre seasons and Maresca not given much of a chance.

Though Lampard is more attacking than defensive he'd still help more than Appiah has, and his passing ability and long-range shooting will add a new dimension to our attack coming out of midfield.

As Gray said though, hopefully Frankie can adapt to Serie A.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well, it would be a stupid move on Abramovic's part, but Mourinho says that he wants Trez at Chelsea so...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
This would be a great midfield:

Maresca--------------------Zambrotta
-----------Lampard Tachi

Edit: Before i forget, where did you read this news?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
How about a 3-5-2?

Buffon
Rodriguez - Mexes - Ferrari
Zambrotta - Lampard - Tacchinardi - Maresca - Rothen
Gilardino - Del Piero

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
How about a 3-5-2?

Buffon
Rodriguez - Mexes - Ferrari
Zambrotta - Lampard - Tacchinardi - Maresca - Rothen
Gilardino - Del Piero
Not bad although i don't like using just 3 defenders.

Sure Rothen and Zambrotta can defend down the flanks, but it's more likely that they will be attacking, and this team will be way to exposed on the counter and very weak on the flanks.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, you're right, I was just trying to play Maresca and Lampard in the same formation without being too attacking or moving someone out of position. That's one of the cons of getting Lamps.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Yeah, you're right, I was just trying to play Maresca and Lampard in the same formation without being too attacking or moving someone out of position. That's one of the cons of getting Lamps.
Yes Lampard's style of play is quit similar to Maresca's style of play.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
i prefer more 4-4-2, but 4-1-3-2 isn't bad IMO.

Code:
      BUFFON

Oddo   Ferrari   Mexes   Evra

Zambro Lampard Emerson Rothen

Del Piero  Gilardino
or :

Code:
      BUFFON

Oddo   Ferrari   Mexes   Evra

Emerson

Zambro      Lampard     Rothen

Del Piero  Gilardino

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

what? :confused:
You know what I mean. Trez isn't as good a player as Lampard. They play different positions but Lamps is still a much more complete, team player. He has more to offer than DT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)