Juve monitor Luis Miguel (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Benfica defender Luis Miguel is still being watched by Italian champions Juventus, according to reports.

Stories in Portugal claim that the right-back is on the club’s transfer wish-list after first being noted at Euro 2004.

It’s widely understood that Juventus had a bid for the player rejected last summer, but they may renew their offer at the end of the season.

A Juventus scout was allegedly present at Benfica’s clash with Porto on Monday to again check out the 25-year-old.

He may not be the only Benfica player heading for Serie A next season, as fellow defender Luisao should join Inter.

From Channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I really hope that it will happen I don`t know this guy but hey everyone should be an upgrade to Zebina

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
:) I would really welcome Miguel. He is really good. At least in the Euro 2004

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
When I saw the title of the news I tougth...Why would Juve need a latin singer??? :D

Note: For those of you who don't get it, theres a famous latin singer call Luis Miguel

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
When I saw the title of the news I tougth...Why would Juve need a latin singer??? :D

Note: For those of you who don't get it, theres a famous latin singer call Luis Miguel
maybe they are relatives:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I would love to see it happen. But as others have said, this sounds like the kind of Moggi smokescreen we've become accustomed to over the years. I don't see it happening, unfortunately.

Oh, and btw, killer avatar, Simon. :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Miguel=Maicon IMO

Take the cheaper one and I'll be happy. :D
Both Miguel and Maicon are very good going forward but I question their defensive capabilities.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
is Maicon Rightback? btw, I would be glad for Oddo aswell ;)
Yes. He's an attacking right full back. Plays for Monaco.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Both Miguel and Maicon are very good going forward but I question their defensive capabilities.
Me too but look who we have there now. :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Miguel and zambrotta on the wings is just brilliant!!!

this is a must. If this happens then maybe we can implement a playmaker!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I don't mind Miguel at all,but there are better options out there.They did reject a 8m bid which I already thought was too much for him,Moggi would never spend that much on a player we have adequate cover for in the team.I think it's fair to say that Zebina has exceeded all expectations this season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As much as I curse Zebina over the past few months, yes -- I would agree that he has actually exceeded my expectations before the season. I first found out about the deal last May when I walked into a hotel near Campo San Polo in Venice to get directions to a restaurant I was trying to find. The guy behind the desk was also a juventino (it can come in handy, or hurt you, when travelling in Italy!), and he was giving me the lowdown from calciomercato.it. Both of us just looked at each other dumbfounded, saying, "Zebina?"

I'd argue that Miguel is clearly both a better defender than Zebina and is more of an offensive threat than Zebina. While there are better options out there, he's a quality player, he's only 25, and the transfer price may be right. I'd give up Zebina in a heartbeat for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)