Juve linked with Vieri - Again! (2 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Vieri To Juve Rumours Back
4/19/2005 1:23:00 PM
Christian Vieri is being linked to a return to Juventus by Italian daily ‘Tuttosport’.
The Bianconeri are looking for a valid replacement for their Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who with the fifteen goals scored this season has proven to have transformed himself in a true goal-bagger.

Vieri’s days at Inter appear numbered, especially because the Milan club have chosen Adriano-Martins as their offensive duo for the next years, and have therefore decided not to renew Bobo’s contract that expires in 2006.

Vieri’s form has also been extremely poor throughout the past year, and his close advisors believe a move to Juventus could work miracles for him, as it did for Cannavaro.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=57606&progr=0

hmmmm, Dunno he's too old. I want Gilardino instead :D
Shit, I'll take MIGHTY VIERI over Zlatan ANY day of the week !!!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
One cannot even BEGIN to compare Cassano's tantrums and/or attitude to Zlatan's. Need I remind you that Cassano has done all of the following:
- Walked out on practice days before a game.
- Yelled at his coach (CAPELLO by the way) after being substituted AND refused to speak to him thereafter. (Pulled the same stunt with Del Neri).
- combo punch-slapped a player in the face in a game.
- Received more red cards because of complaining than we can count..including the Coppa Italia FINAL against Milan in which he proceeded to kick the side rails.

Zlatan was just a HARD CHARACTER or hot head...with Cassano it goes WAY beyond that and is something that stems from his upbringing in the toughest ghetto in Italy. Totti is a menace on a different level. He brings himself down with his antics on the field....Cassano is a combo of both. You are being VERY NAIVE if you think Capello is the answer to all his problems...he is simply a REALLY BIG BAND-AID. However, what happens if Capello has a falling out with Juve...if he wants to move on...if they want him out..does that mean that suddendly they must select a coach who will get along with Cassano....
Also, please don't compare the EURO experience. Wearing the jersey of the National team is practically sacred...Cassano knew it. It was a 3-4 week affair in which he knew that his antics would not be tolerated as he would be sent home ... players far greater left the NT.
Cassano is an extremely talented player with the potential to be Italy's STAR..however, his attitude is far from a chip on the shoulder....
All of this happened where? ROMA. When did all this happen? In the PAST. What does all of this have to do with? MATURITY.

Sure, Cassano is a "troubled youth" turned footballer who seems to have obediance and behavioral problems, most which stemming from maturity issues. It also has to do with the uncontrolled enviornments he has lived in: the ghetto hoods of Bari, the antics of his Roma friends, etc. Juventus is like Beverly Hills compared to those places. What happens when someone makes the switch? Some CLASS usually rubs off and they throw away some of their disgraceful antics.

This isn't an exact science of course and we can only speculate as to what will happen. You go on past record while I look at things as a whole. You know the old saying "hang out with losers, become a loser." Same applies to the reciporical "winner" cliche. Nothing is set in stone and with positive influences people can change. I've seen it before and nonsense acts like Cassano do not last forever, especially at a classy enviornment where you have to "shape up or ship out."

Just my opinion though and hopefully we will get to see what really happens.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

All of this happened where? ROMA. When did all this happen? In the PAST. What does all of this have to do with? MATURITY.
What does it have to do with MATURITY...are you kidding...? Mature players re-act in this fashion??

P.S. Some of those events occured this year CHIEF.

Sure, Cassano is a "troubled youth" turned footballer who seems to have obediance and behavioral problems, most which stemming from maturity issues. It also has to do with the uncontrolled enviornments he has lived in: the ghetto hoods of Bari, the antics of his Roma friends, etc. .
PLEASE..feed that sh*t to you know WHO Dr. Phil. WHen he was wit the man who supposedly 'understood' him why did he still act like a spoiled dipsh*t who thought he was immune from everything? Roma has created and is creating fine young players...look at their bench...thats all there is. That is one of those excuses like "it was my parents fault".

Juventus is like Beverly Hills compared to those places. What happens when someone makes the switch? Some CLASS usually rubs off and they throw away some of their disgraceful antics. .
YEAH RIGHT! Are you kidding me? You are treating Rome like a 3rd rate team...trust me ..far from it Andy. Plus given Juve's history of dumping players once their finished in their books or selling players like it was a BOVINE AUCTION (Baggio, Zidane anyone?) I would hardly say its a nice settling atmosphere....
Just ask Alex Del Piero who despite his talent never has peace of mind.
Milan has its issues too...and I would not call it BEVERLY HILLS compared to Rome.

This isn't an exact science of course and we can only speculate as to what will happen. You go on past record while I look at things as a whole. You know the old saying "hang out with losers, become a loser." Same applies to the reciporical "winner" cliche. Nothing is set in stone and with positive influences people can change. I've seen it before and nonsense acts like Cassano do not last forever, especially at a classy enviornment where you have to "shape up or ship out."
That is why Moggi will think twice before dishing out loads of cash for a potential FIRE CRACKER

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
we will see when he becomes our second best scorer and leading assister we will see
hmmmm...we shall see. I don't know how FAST he will adapt but it will give Juve some depth...however they will probably drop a few players in the summer....
Is MUTU currently training with the team? is he allowed? He has not played in a LONG TIME.....I imagine it will take him long to get into game shape.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

What does it have to do with MATURITY...are you kidding...? Mature players re-act in this fashion??

P.S. Some of those events occured this year CHIEF.
Hence "in the past."

Of course mature players do not react in this fashion. Cassano lacks maturity at the moment and once he gets some of it he will "simmer down." He lacks maturity and that is the problem here.

PLEASE..feed that sh*t to you know WHO Dr. Phil. WHen he was wit the man who supposedly 'understood' him why did he still act like a spoiled dipsh*t who thought he was immune from everything? Roma has created and is creating fine young players...look at their bench...thats all there is. That is one of those excuses like "it was my parents fault".
I never said Cassano did not have problems from the start of his career or life for that matter, and he always was a livewire since he was at Bari. It's just that Cassano is in an enviorment now that allows him jack off and use his talents and causing a shit storm. Under Capello he started off on the wrong foot but then the two started to get along after a while, leading up to Euro 2004. Cassano started to come off his spoiled dipshit ways last season, however this season he has took a turn for the worse. NOTE: He has not been that bad this season compared to the past.

YEAH RIGHT! Are you kidding me? You are treating Rome like a 3rd rate team...trust me ..far from it Andy. Plus given Juve's history of dumping players once their finished in their books or selling players like it was a BOVINE AUCTION (Baggio, Zidane anyone?) I would hardly say its a nice settling atmosphere....
Just ask Alex Del Piero who despite his talent never has peace of mind.
Milan has its issues too...and I would not call it BEVERLY HILLS compared to Rome.
No no no Nicola, I'm not comparing the teams in terms of success or ambitions. I'm talking about the atmosphere of Roma: the Captain, the supporters, the managerial merry-go-round, the on and off field antics, the transfer poilicies of Sensi and his lovely daughter, etc. All of this ridiculous football club BAGGAGE is not found at Juventus. Our captain is a class act, our supporters are a bit more controlled (at least not saying "Francesco, a kid was stabbed, lets stop the match.....okay not really), we have stable proceedings at the managerial level. All of these things are contributing factors to behavior of players, much like at Inter where they can only obtain 50% of a player.

That is why Moggi will think twice before dishing out loads of cash for a potential FIRE CRACKER
We shall see. Personally I would rather have a player like Gilardino who can provide us a lot of goals.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++We shall see. Personally I would rather have a player like Gilardino who can provide us a lot of goals.
Gilardino is not on the same level as Cassano and will never be. He is a pure striker..goal scorer...Cassano is much more talented.
However.......

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Gilardino is not on the same level as Cassano and will never be. He is a pure striker..goal scorer...Cassano is much more talented.
However.......
Oh jeez man, thanks for information. Not like I'd know or anything living in the US with satellite and internet. :rolleyes:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont want vieri at the club. if trezeguet leaves, which it seems he is with all these rumours, at least bring in someone to replace him. zlatan has scored 15 goals, but 5 in two games which means 10 in the others. that doesnt give him a great goal tally as a main striker at all. he is a support forward, not a striker. i hope capello wakes up and realises that.

unless zlatan is going to get lessons from van basten in the summer of course:D

OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    I read somewhere that if Chelsea win their case, we will give away Mutu, cuz Moggi isn't interested in signing him for 8mil. Anyway, I want Gilardino as replacement for Trez if he gets sold.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Shit, I'll take MIGHTY VIERI over Zlatan ANY day of the week !!!!!
    If they were almost the same age, but the current situation I'd rather have Zlatan as a starting forward.

I also want to give Mutu a chance and I don't want his arrival just to be a part of a deal that Moggis is planning

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Vieri days are over guys , he was on his best with juve in the 1990s know he shoud end his career in epl , zlatan ia 100 times better than him , no comparison at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)