Juve linked with Vieri - Again! (10 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Lets make this stright,
Vieri is to come for free?
Or he has one more year with inter?
I believe he has one more year and inter want to sell him now just to make a profit of him
and we are going to be the fools who will actually BUY the future Maiami's barman?

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Gila over Vieri , Yes

Gila over Cassano, Yes

Vieri Over Cassano, Yes

Cassano over Gila or Vieri or Nonda, NO
HMMM?

Cassano over Gila, Yes
Cassano over Vieri, YES!
Cassano over gila+vieri Yes!
Cassano over Mutu, Yes! (even if i want them both at the club)
Cassano over Del Piero, HELL YEAH!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Let me get this straight..you got rid of DiVaio. Will get rid of Trez. and then sign Vieri ...

Man as a Milanista I hope this mentality continues :thumb:
nah dude... we'll sign Cassano 4sure maybe + Gilardino !!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That wacky Moggi. The cardinals down south start sending up smoke, so he has to send up some of his own again. ;)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Gilardino would be my pick of course.

Although Cassano just seems like a future Juventus player IMO.
Its common knowledge that Gilardino is practically a "lock" with Milan.
As for Cassano I would say he is 'almost' a lock for Juve.
However, there are BIG issues to settle: What to do with DP. What to do about his attitude problem..yes there is Capello but does that mean Cassano can only be coached by Capello?? That is not an ideal situation...so many scenarios. Cassano is a bona fide sh*t disturber and Juve will be no exception..even though he claims that only Capello understood him he still had his 'temper tantrums' with Capello. Will Moggi and the gang put up with his B.S.? Far greater players with far greater class have passed through Juve..why should Cassano get special treatment.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I tend to be optimistic about these things... I'm convinced Cassano will clean up his act sufficiently if he comes to Juve. A bit like Zlatan, who's kept his fiery qualities, but has so far controlled his temper (bar the ole' headbutt here and there).

An encouraging sign is Cassano's performances at Euro 2004. Well not so much his performances, but the fact that he:

1) Can perform at the highest level and has the right temperament to thrive under pressure.
2) Isn't such a hothead given the right environment. Seems to be the case that Roma's poisonous environment is a significant contributing factor to his behaviour.

I say bring him

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Its common knowledge that Gilardino is practically a "lock" with Milan.
As for Cassano I would say he is 'almost' a lock for Juve.
However, there are BIG issues to settle: What to do with DP. What to do about his attitude problem..yes there is Capello but does that mean Cassano can only be coached by Capello?? That is not an ideal situation...so many scenarios. Cassano is a bona fide sh*t disturber and Juve will be no exception..even though he claims that only Capello understood him he still had his 'temper tantrums' with Capello. Will Moggi and the gang put up with his B.S.? Far greater players with far greater class have passed through Juve..why should Cassano get special treatment.
Right. The same story was preached about Ibrahimovic before he came to Juventus: "oh his temper will cause us problems and he will not fit in." Nonsense. Just because a player causes trouble at ROMA (not that hard to do when you have :fool:'s like Totti as your guide) does not mean he will cause trouble everywhere. Under a controlled enviorment such as Juve I think he will start to settle down and focus on playing the game. Capello is the sort of manager to help him do this and create foundations for the future. I hate this "Once a shit disturber, always a shit disturber" nonsense. It's blown of proportion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Right. The same story was preached about Ibrahimovic before he came to Juventus: "oh his temper will cause us problems and he will not fit in." Nonsense. Just because a player causes trouble at ROMA (not that hard to do when you have :fool:'s like Totti as your guide) does not mean he will cause trouble everywhere. Under a controlled enviorment such as Juve I think he will start to settle down and focus on playing the game. Capello is the sort of manager to help him do this and create foundations for the future. I hate this "Once a shit disturber, always a shit disturber" nonsense. It's blown of proportion.
I have to say -- I was one of the more vocal critics of Zlatan's arrival, expecting a lot of temper tantrums. I've definitely been pleasantly surprised.

These days, though, Cassano can sometimes give Totti lessons on maturity... :rolleyes:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
One cannot even BEGIN to compare Cassano's tantrums and/or attitude to Zlatan's. Need I remind you that Cassano has done all of the following:
- Walked out on practice days before a game.
- Yelled at his coach (CAPELLO by the way) after being substituted AND refused to speak to him thereafter. (Pulled the same stunt with Del Neri).
- combo punch-slapped a player in the face in a game.
- Received more red cards because of complaining than we can count..including the Coppa Italia FINAL against Milan in which he proceeded to kick the side rails.

Zlatan was just a HARD CHARACTER or hot head...with Cassano it goes WAY beyond that and is something that stems from his upbringing in the toughest ghetto in Italy. Totti is a menace on a different level. He brings himself down with his antics on the field....Cassano is a combo of both. You are being VERY NAIVE if you think Capello is the answer to all his problems...he is simply a REALLY BIG BAND-AID. However, what happens if Capello has a falling out with Juve...if he wants to move on...if they want him out..does that mean that suddendly they must select a coach who will get along with Cassano....
Also, please don't compare the EURO experience. Wearing the jersey of the National team is practically sacred...Cassano knew it. It was a 3-4 week affair in which he knew that his antics would not be tolerated as he would be sent home ... players far greater left the NT.
Cassano is an extremely talented player with the potential to be Italy's STAR..however, his attitude is far from a chip on the shoulder....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)