Juve keep hold of Buffon (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
channel 4

Gigi Buffon is set to guard the Juventus goal for some time to come after reportedly agreeing a contract extension.

The goalkeeper, widely regarded as the world’s best, has struck a deal that will keep him at the club until 2008 – with an option for one more season after that.

Buffon, whose present contract expires in 2006, will now join Alex Del Piero as Juve’s top earner according to whispers.

Although the former Parma man will accept a 20 per cent cut in wages, he will receive extra income via image rights from the club. He should net around £3.5m a season.

Although the Old Lady have yet to confirm the stories, an announcement is expected over the next few days.

Buffon will become the latest high profile player to extend his contract after the likes of Ciro Ferrara, Gianluca Zambrotta and Alessio Tacchinardi.

Enzo Maresca is also on the verge of extending his stay even if problems remain with respect to David Trezeguet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Excellent.

Pay him what he wants, he's one of our best and most consistent players.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
hes in my first eleven until hes in his 40s, hes that good.

players like him dont come around often, hell go down as a legend for italy and juve!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Buffon is quite simply the best goalie in the world.

This is great news, not that I had worries that he would leave but still.

I think he should be captain from next season on.

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
great news !

buffon is best keeper all around the world (of course this season his not the best at all, but this season is allready forgotten)

to dp: as long as he plays, he is without any doubts our captain ! he's god and he is loyal !

AND I LOVE LOYAL GODS !

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Buffon, new Zoff!! Excellent that he stays... He will be the captain after DP retires... Or at least I hope so...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Now, Trezeguet is infuriated because Juve will pay big money to Buffon (6 million) and offering to him just 3.5 million.

I think is a Moggi maneuver to get rid of Trezeguet. Its OK, selling trez we would have money for bring some reinforments

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Buffon and DP - both have to stay!!!

Gigi is great, I like his actions when he hold unstoppable shots (last season). He often saved our ass in the last minutes!! Oliver Kahn, watch Gigi and learn!!! :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
For some reason I just remembered Van Der Saar... it's good that we got rid of him, but I've seen him recently against France and he looked pretty good.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I haven't liked him when Van Der Saar played for us... but he is looking not too bad...

I actually think that we need to get another high quality goal keeper. I don't like Buffon that much this year for some of the stupid mistakes he's been making. Another keeper would make Buffon hustle harder in practice and always keep in mind that even though he's the best in the world, there's another guy on bench who can take his place.

Jul 12, 2002
It's Van der Sar. With one "a".

You;d think of a bunch of Juventini could spell a former player's name right...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)