Juve keep hold of Balon d'Or? (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Channel4;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve prepare to take on Reggina, but the club is filled with talk of which Balon d’Or candidates could keep the trophy in Turin.

“I don’t have a favourite to take over from me,” insisted Pavel Nedved, who won the journalists’ vote in 2003, “because there are many players who deserve the trophy.”

Every year journalists from around the continent are polled by newspaper ‘France Football’ for the best player to have graced Europe’s Leagues.

Early contenders include Ronaldinho, Andriy Shevchenko, Deco and Adriano, but Juve Coach Fabio Capello has other ideas.

Gianluigi Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world,” stated the Bianconeri boss. “It is about time that he becomes the first goalie since Yashin to win the trophy. He is worth every bit as much as a centre-forward when it comes to winning points.”

This is the second endorsement that Buffon has received, although some consider the mere fact he cost £32m when moving from Parma in 2001 to be proof enough of his value.

“Buffon has deserved the Balon d’Or for the last three or four years at least,” said his teammate Fabio Cannavaro. “I was by his side at Parma and can say he has improved with each passing year.”

However, there is another more unusual school of thought at Juventus, represented by Director General Luciano Moggi.

The Balon d’Or should go to Alessandro Del Piero ,” insisted the transfer guru. “I know him as a professional and as a man of great character. I always felt he would work hard to become the Del Piero we all knew and loved.”

The Bianconeri captain has struggled with injury ever since snapping all the ligaments in one knee in 1998, but came back from an Achilles tendon problem this month to score key goals against Siena and Bayern Munich.

Del Piero is expected to start alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic when Juve take on relegation strugglers Reggina this evening.

“We must continue to work this hard for every result,” warned Capello, “without becoming distracted by what we see or read in the newspapers. I won’t revolutionise the squad, as changing more than two or three players per game makes it difficult for everyone.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
:howler: @ Moggi

seriously now, if any of our players is to get it then only nedved is surely in with a shout. Buffon has been very inconsistent and dp has been consistently shite or injured.

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    :howler: @ Moggi

seriously now, if any of our players is to get it then only nedved is surely in with a shout. Buffon has been very inconsistent and dp has been consistently shite or injured.
    Moggi is joking or giving complements to dp , Buffon has no chance,
    i think cheva has a good chance to get it

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Ronaldinho and Deco are strong candidates, Adriano has been very also, but I don't think Shevchenko deserves it. No Juve players will get it for sure.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Firstly it never goes to a defender or a goalie
    Second it rarely goes to someone who actually deserves it
    Thirdly you always worry that it goes to beckham or ronaldo

If none of those happen then I'd like to see it go Zambrotta, probably the one player in world football that has picked up his game from average/inconsistent to become the best left back in the world.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    However, there is another more unusual school of thought at Juventus, represented by Director General Luciano Moggi.

The Balon d’Or should go to Alessandro Del Piero ,”

:rofl: yeah right.

Jul 19, 2003

If none of those happen then I'd like to see it go Zambrotta, probably the one player in world football that has picked up his game from average/inconsistent to become the best left back in the world.
    Man I forgot all about Zambrotta. :embarass: Was he nominated though? He surely deserves it. There hasn't been anyone that consistent in the last 2 years, if not longer.

Aug 26, 2003
    IMO for last year non of our players deserved that award, with this season it looks other way around!! but imo it should go to Deco or Ronaldino!

IMO Buffon will not receive it for the bad defense last year but I say he will win it won day!!!

Also I hope that Del Piero win it once, cause in his best year he really deserved it and don't won it! ok we will see..

Aug 26, 2003
    sorry i forgot, it is really a shame that Zambrotta is not nominated!! this guy is playing constantly at the highest level since a year, and is best LB but IMO it is really difficult for him, cause media and so are in favourite for Roberto Carlos..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm with Tom. I've love to see Nedved or Zambrotta win it, though Zambro has no chance of winning it since he's a defender and not one of those superstar players.

If Buffon keeps putting in performances like he did against Bayern, then he'd deserve it for sure, bur we'll see how that goes.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    It looks like this year Juventus official sponsorship goes to Buffon (YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!) :excited:

from: http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1367000&ID=3231

Champions League - 04 Nov 2004 - 12:43 AM

Terrific Buffon!

Extraordinary all the time, Gigi Buffon comes to the fore once again thanks to three great saves, one of which, in the last few minutes of the match, is decisive to preserve the victory that qualifies the team to the next stage and earns them the lead in Group C. He’s first praised by Capello, then it’s Cannavaro’s turn: “You’re now thinking about the Golden Ball Award for Buffon? In my opinion, he’s been deserving it for 4 or 5 years. And tonight too he’s been terrific”. Now that you have qualified, which are the most dangerous teams you are going to meet in Champions League? Cannavaro replies: “The Italians and Barcelona, which is a team to really worry about”.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    from: http://www.juventus.com/it/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1203000&ID=3245

Eventi - 05 nov 2004 - 15:24

Capello: “Buffon è il migliore del mondo”
    Capello: "Buffon best in the world"

“Buffon è il più grande portiere del mondo. Uno così è difficile da trovare e se Khan è arrivato terzo nella classifica del Pallone d’Oro, allora credo che Gigi meriterebbe di vincerlo, anche perché un grande portiere è decisivo come un grande attaccante.”Capello: "Buffon is the greatest goalkeeper in the world. Difficult to find anybody like him. Kahn got third in the Golden Ball competition, Gigi deserve to win it, considering a great goalkeeper is as decisive as a great forward" . Anche Fabio Capello, dopo Cannavaro, esprime tutta la sua stima per il numero uno bianconero, indicandolo come autorevole candidato al premio assegnato da France Futbol. Fabio Capello, following Cannavaro, express his deep appreciation for the black&white number one, and points at him as accredited nominee for France Futbol prize" Gli elogi piovono da ogni parte su Buffon e su tutta la Juve, per la quale, ormai, i superlativi si sprecano: “Non dobbiamo ascoltare né leggere i complimenti – mette in guardia Capello – ma dobbiamo continuare a lavorare con il massimo impegno. Fortunatamente la risposta che i giocatori mi danno durante gli allenamenti è positiva e questo è molto importante, perché l’atteggiamento che si vede durante la settimana, è lo stesso della partita.”
    A voler essere perfezionisti, la Juventus, nelle due ultime uscite contro Chievo e Bayern, non ha imposto il proprio gioco fin dai primi minuti, anche se è poi venuta fuori alla grande durante il corso delle partite: “Contro il Chievo hanno giocato dall’inizio tanti elementi che non scendevano in campo da diverso tempo, ed era fisiologico che ci volesse qualche minuto in più perché riprendessero il ritmo partita. Per quanto riguarda il Bayern, va innanzi tutto tenuto presente che si tratta di una grande squadra, di livello europeo, che ha superato l’Ajax per 4-0 e che andrà sicuramente avanti in Champions. Inoltre devo dire che ho riguardato la partita e se dal campo avevo avuto la sensazione che la squadra avesse sofferto nella prima mezz’ora, devo dire che rivedendo la gara, non mi è sembrato che si sia patito troppo l’avversario. In ogni caso, ci siamo ripresi, reagendo e imponendo il nostro gioco.”. Sabato sera, a Reggio Calabria, Capello vuole un’altra dimostrazione di forza: “La Reggina non è una squadra semplice da affrontare quando gioca in casa, con il calore del pubblico a sostenerla e contro di noi darà il massimo. Noi dovremo giocare da Juventus.”

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well everyone knows that the french magazine chose neddy , and rightfully so he deserved it. he was one of the best players all year for both juve and the czech rep.

Now this year many ppl are saying that gigi buffon should get this award. I think he deserves it. Well lets look at was he has done:

1) since he has came to juve he won two seria A's and reached the Cl final, and he had a big impact on the juvee team.

2) he had outstanding performances in many games for both juve and italy, and the bayern game just prove that he deserves to to be europes best keeper.

3) In almost 4 yrs je held the 1st goal keeper of italy and if he didnt have an injury and wouldnt have any competition.

so i think he deserves it very much

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003

-It Can go to defender or golie
    -Last year Nedved deserved that award

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)