Juve interest in Chevanton (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Juve charge for Chevanton
Wednesday 26 May, 2004

Juventus have entered the race to sign Lecce hitman Javier Ernesto Chevanton in a partial swap deal with Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Uruguayan international has been a sensation this season with 19 goals helping to ensure their Serie A status.

He also proved instrumental in Lecce’s shock 4-3 victory at the Stadio Delle Alpi in Week 31, so made an immediate impact on the Bianconeri directors.

Although Milan, Lazio and Parma had been heavily linked with the striker, speculation surrounding his future has been quiet of late.

This gives Juventus the perfect opportunity to dive in and seal a quick move for less than £10m.

23-year-old Chevanton would move to Turin in exchange for cash plus the one-season loan of Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Italian international was born in Lecce and never hid his desire to one day play with the Salento squad.

With David Trezeguet reportedly on his way to Barcelona and a bit more pace needed upfront, Chevanton would be an ideal solution for the Bianconeri.

I don't like it, I want Micolli to stay

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What is everyone's definition of "What fits Juventus" at this point in time??

New coach, most likely new tactics as well.

So who really knows for sure who fits in and who doesn't. How about stockpiling as much young talent as they can and let's roll with it.

Sep 14, 2003
So we could be prepared to spend big to sign another striker but don't seem prepared to spend to get a decent central defender... riiight.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think that Tomasson is a quality player. Every time I've seen him play, which isn't that often, he's always looked good to me.

Maybe Milan has plans on moving Inzaghi.

Having two strikers the quality of Sheva and Chevanton, being supported by Kaka, is lethal beyond human comprehension.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
I think that Tomasson is a quality player. Every time I've seen him play, which isn't that often, he's always looked good to me.

Maybe Milan has plans on moving Inzaghi.

Having two strikers the quality of Sheva and Chevanton, being supported by Kaka, is lethal beyond human comprehension.

even communism worked on paper

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
So we could be prepared to spend big to sign another striker but don't seem prepared to spend to get a decent central defender... riiight.
I would assume that this move is contingent on what Juve receives for Trezeguet.

Chevanton-Del Piero up front could be quite exciting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Let's see what kind of tactics our new coach wants to use before we assume that somebody with size is needed up front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)