Juve interest in Chevanton (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I always hear football analysts says that Miccoli needs to be played more, and I agree. The way to do that is give him that "Giuly role", in which he floats on the right side of the field. There, his attacking forays would cause havoc to the defense, with him being able to use his speed to get behind defenders while Del Piero or Gilardino holds up the ball.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Trezeguet(will leave 99%)
Del Piero (stay 100%)
Miccoli
Di Vaio

In an interview Chevanton said that if he leaves Lecce it's for a *starting* spot on a great team. I don't see him with DP so he won't come, only if Di Vaio leaves.

Miccoli needs to play more on high levels, why waste him and loan him to Lecce?

Trez will leave and we need a strong forward to replace him(ex: Gilardino, Drogba...)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Trezeguet(will leave 99%)
Del Piero (stay 100%)
Miccoli
Di Vaio

In an interview Chevanton said that if he leaves Lecce it's for a *starting* spot on a great team. I don't see him with DP so he won't come, only if Di Vaio leaves.

Miccoli needs to play more on high levels, why waste him and loan him to Lecce?

Trez will leave and we need a strong forward to replace him(ex: Gilardino, Drogba...)
Exactly Marco. No need for another support striker. Since Deschamps is coming, we know he uses the straight 4-4-2, so a tall, physical striker would be needed. That rules out Chevanton.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
It makes no sense paying 12m €for Chevanton + we loan Miccoli. Why not just keep Miccoli and play him more? Chevanton would never have a chance to play knowing Del Piero's there. Take that 12m € and buy a freekin defender Moggi!!! Gilardino or Emerson.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we have miccoli already...we dont need chevanton. miccoli could be used as giuly is indeed.

if juve are going to loan him out again, might as well just sell him to milan or something and get cash. because he wont return, he'll lose confidence and form and suddenly, we have fuked another young talent over needless purchases.

just give miccoli a chance, he will be great if lippi wasnt so ignorant.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Okay Moggi, now hell with these big-money forwards and midfielders, with €25 millions you get a world-class centreback and that's what this squad needs!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'd loan Miccoli for a season and take Chevanton, but not for 12m :rolleyes:

I really wish Miccoli learned earlier on to play in a right midfield role. It would add so much depth to our squad to have a player who is proficient in both midfield and forward positions.

I really like Miccoli, and I truly wish he'd get more playing time, as is the case with Di Vaio (although I don't like him nearly as much), but I'd jump at the chance to have Chevanton if it means loaning Micco for a season. We don't even have a decent free kick taker in our whole squad (don't even mention Del Piero), I think Chevanton would be a great addition.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah Gray, but he wouldn't play that much, so he would become a disgruntled employee. I don't think this move is good for either parties.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
What have thought the whole time seems to be true. Moggi wants to sign two strikers in summer. A young goalgetter, and a proven guy like Morientes. Chevanton seems to be an alternative to the way too much expensive Gilardino. If we can get him cheap, I would go for him. He is a great player, who can even develop at a club like Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)