JUVE in the UAE (1 Viewer)

OP
NeLLy

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #62
    Preparations for the testimonial match of Adnan Al Talyani, the former UAE national team captain and the country's best player in the 20th Century, are almost finished.

Efforts are on ensure that the event is an unprecedented success and will include, as its main theme, a friendly match between Italian Serie A champions, Juventus and the World All Star team at Zayed Sports City on January 3.

This was disclosed yesterday at a press conference held at Intercontinental Hotel in Abu Dhabi that was attended by Abdul Aziz Hussain, the event's Chairman of the Organising Committee, Mohammed Ibrahim Al Mahmoud, the Vice Chairman and the Director of Abu Dhabi Sports Channel, Adnan Al Talyani and representatives of the sponsors.

"Despite the fact that the sponsors are faced with problems of being at the end of the financial year, they are keen to participate in the event," Hussain said. "This is evidence of their appreciation for the services of Adnan, the UAE's best player of the last century, who led his country to their best-ever football achievements including the finals of the 1990 World Cup in Italy.

"Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Information and Culture and the former President of the UAE FA and patron of the occasion, has directed us to provide all necessary facilities to guarantee success as a reward for Adnan's services to his country.

"We are grateful to our sponsors, the main sponsors Abu Dhabi Sports Channel, Nokia and Emirates Computers and to our sub-sponsors Al Ain Dairy, Pepsi, Al Muhairy Sentre, Allo Emirates, Al Muhairy Group, Bin Hamoodah, PRIMEX, Nissan, Emirates airline, Al Habtoor, Abu Dhabi Co-operative Society, Damas, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Al Sayegh Jewellery. The gates are open to all who want to be partners with us in honouring one of the country's most loyal sons," Hussain added.

Munir Al Sati, of Emirates Computers and Ahmed Al Haj from Emirates airline, expressed pleasure to be part of the team to honour Adnan Al Talyani.

Al Mahmoud said that Allo Emirates have bought all the tickets for the match and will distribute them free to the public. Each ticket will entitle them to participate in a raffle that includes three new cars and gifts worth Dh500,000.

"Abu Dhabi Sports Channel, being the sponsor of the All Stars Team, were keen to invite no less than 40 players to guarantee the attendance of a large number of famed international players," Al Mahmoud said. "We have received confirmation from 22 foreign players. From the foreign stars taking part in the domestic league, George Weah from Liberia and Ali Karimi from Iran will also take part in the All Stars Team."

Al Mahmoud disclosed that the list of VIPs invited to attend the match includes FIFA President Sepp Blatter, Mohammed bin Hammam Al Abdullah, President of the Asian Football Confeder-ation, Sheikh Ahmed Fahad Al Sabah, Minister of Information and President of Kuwait FA, Sheikh Eissa bin Rashid Al Khalifa, Chairman of the Olympic Committee in Bahrain, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Chairman of the Olympic Committee in Qatar, Sheikh Khalifa bin Hassan Al Thani, President of the Qatar FA, Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa, President of Bahrain FA, Engineer Al Saaiedi Al Qadafi, President of the Libyan FA and other personalities from the Arab World and Asia.

"Adnan's special guests are all former coaches who supervised the player during his career and we have already received confirmation of the arrival of Croatian Tomislav Ivic, former Italian players Marco Tardelli, Antonio Caprini and Alessandro Altobelli in addition to Egypt's Mahmoud Al Khateeb and Saudi Arabia's Majid Abdullah. We are also expecting Michel Platini and Franz Beckenbaur to attend as guests of honour," Al Mahoud said.

Free transportation from different clubs in the Emirates will be provided for public to travel to the match, which kicks off at 7pm.

"Tickets for the main stand, priced at Dh500 and Dh250 each, will be sold at Abu Dhabi Mall, Al Ain Mall, Burjman Shopping Mall in Dubai and Al Shaab Club in Sharjah,"Al Mahmoud added.

"The honouring party will be held at the Abu Dhabi Armed Forces Officers Club at 8.30pm on January 2. And in our quest to record Adnan's achievements, a DVD containing all his goals for the UAE and Al Shaab Club will go on sale next week," he added

OP
    NeLLy

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #63
    Brazilian Ronaldo, world and European Player of the Year, will regrettably miss the testimonial match of Adnan Al Talyani, the former UAE national team captain, at Zayed Sports City on January 3, but has committed to send his wife and soccer star Milene Domingues instead.

Ronaldo has apologised to the organisers for his inability to join the All Stars Team in their friendly match against Italian Serie A champions Juventus.

Milene, who also plays professional football with Atletico Madrid, will attend the match and will actually give a display of her ball control talents during the half-time. Milene holds the world record of ball control for women with a performance that lasted 9 hours and 15 minutes.

Adnan Al Talyani, who led the UAE national team through most of the 90s, was recently voted the country's best player of the 20th Century.

The All Stars Team
    (Read as player, nationality and club):
    Peirre Eissa (South Africa) Olympic Beirut; Igor Duljaj (Yugoslavia) Partizan; Artim Sakiri (Macedonia) FC CSK Sofia; Taribo West (Nigeria); Fabio Galante (Italy) Torino; George Weah (Liberia) Al Jazira; Bulent Korkmaz (Turkey) Galatasaray; Ali Karimi (Iran) Al Ahli; Andreas Herzog (Austria) Rapid Vienna; Hany Ramzy (Egypt) Kaiserslautern; Zvonimir Soldo (Croatia) FC Stuttgart; Sergey Ovcinnikov (Russia) Lokomotiv Moscow; Valdimir Jugovic (Yugoslavia) Monaco; Reda Bogdanovic (Yugoslavia) Armenia Bielefeld; Nawaf Al Timyat (Saudi Arabia) Al Hilal; Papa Diop (Senegal) Aarau FC; Li Ming (China) Dalian; Marco Simone (Italy) Monaco, Giuseppe Signiore (Italy) Bologna; Gabriel Omar Batistuta (Argentina) Roma; Nakamura (Japan) Reggina Nourredine Naybet (Morocco) Deportivo La Coruna; Antonis NIkopolidis (Greece) Panathinaikos; Mohsin Mussabbah (UAE) Sharjah and Adnan Al Talyani.

Bruno Metsu, Al Ain's French coach, will act as coach for the All Stars Team

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I'm not worried about injuries .. there hardly any tough tackles in exhibition matches like this one .. the players will only have fun and enjoy their stay in the Emirates ;)

OP
    NeLLy

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #66
    ri8 they are going to stay in a luxurious hotel in the capital and they are going to Dubai its like a tour and having fun . Hope they will enjoy it here :D

OP
    NeLLy

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #71
    well this match will be held for the player of the century here it means alot to him and us . it is thanking him for what he achieved since he became a footballer .

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Latest News: FREE ENTRANCE

Match kick-off : 7.00 pm (local time) - Friday January 03, 2003.

TV stations to broadcast match LIVE: ART sports, Kuwait Sports TV, Saudi Sports TV, Abu-Dhabi Sports Channel, and a Turkish Sport TV channel.

A DVD of Adnan's best goals throughout his career will be available this week.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Not to rain on anyones parade, but is this game necessary ??

Our players havent had a break since July. I'm sure they are a bit burned-out and /or injured, and some extra time away would do them ALL some good !!

Anyone who thinks players dont get hurt in "exibitions" are a little naive.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Not to rain on anyones parade, but is this game necessary ??

Our players havent had a break since July. I'm sure they are a bit burned-out and /or injured, and some extra time away would do them ALL some good !!

Anyone who thinks players dont get hurt in "exibitions" are a little naive.
    Personally, I'm all for a winterbreak and with lack of that in Italy I think we should let the players get some rest now but let the Abu Dhabians (?) have their fun ;)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    I do worry about a friendly in the midst of such a congested fixture calendar, but I do see the benfit. Juve have fans all over the planet. It is great that they go on tour. Trips such as Libya last August, the UAE next week, and the USA in July will serve to broaden Juve's fan base. I think this is very important, especially in marketing terms. Plus, I am very excited about seeing Juve in my country in July, so I know all the juventini in the Gulf are thankful for this friendly.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    free entrance !!!!

i will come from kuwait ,,,,,, imagine there is no place for me !!!

coming all the way and waiting outside the staduim !!!!

what is the capacity of the staduim ?

OP
    NeLLy

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #80
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
    free entrance !!!!

i will come from kuwait ,,,,,, imagine there is no place for me !!!

coming all the way and waiting outside the staduim !!!!

what is the capacity of the staduim ?
    i think it can hold 60,000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)