Juve consider Kovacevic (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Juventus are being linked to Serbian midfielder Nenad Kovacevic as they face a midfield injury crisis.

The Old Lady seemed to have completed their shopping for the summer, but they may be forced to reassess after an unlucky week.

With Cristiano Zanetti and Marco Marchionni both facing around a month out of action, the Bianconeri are looking a little short of options in the middle of the pitch.

Jose Mourinho has emphatically closed the door on a possible move for Inter’s Dejan Stankovic, who was in Claudio Ranieri’s sights.

And while Tuttosport insist that the Turin giants will turn their attentions back to Roma ace Alberto Aquilani, a more realistic target has also been suggested.

Lens midfielder Kovacevic has 25 international caps to his name and is a reliable midfielder with leadership qualities.

The 27-year-old would be able to provide the kind of cover that Ranieri needs and would be relatively cheap.

Sources suggest that Juve would only need to find £5m to persuade Lens to let Kovacevic go and his wages of £500,000 per year would be easily affordable.

However, German side Hamburg are also known to be following Kovacevic closely and could compete for his signature.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
the other kovacevic is a striker... 35 years old...

this guy is 27 and a midfielder
I am not liking the options these rumors are giving us, besides why buy and spend money on another position that we have 3 really young promising players for? Its like the juve board is indirectly telling them thanks but no thanks, you won't be needed this year. So much for giving them a chance. Any news on giovincos contract dispute? I'd hate to lose him because we spend our money on a player we would use a month until are starters are back from injury....

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
And perhaps our board found out we're interested the same way we all did. Latest rumours have been linking Chiellini to Sunderland for 9,5 Giovinco to Arsenal for 7 and now this. These journalists must be bored out of their mind, I mean these are not even remotely realistic rumours.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not the giving Marchisio away part, but Ledesma would be a very good replacement and cheap option for Tiagos spot in our squad. He isnt a top player, but a classy CM nonetheless.

No idea who this Kovacevic is (must be one of the few who used to like Darko btw :D), but I would gather its yet another second tier player we are linked with by the media just for the heck of it, they (the media) have propagated and categorized our club as a mundane unambitious club that will only go after dime a dozen players.

Total exaggerated bullshit, the media hounding our club has received is ridicolous (allways say we have signed Terlizzi or the like, while saying Milan has signed a random super star every week).

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ledesma? He's capable of producing some great plays. He has a nice passing range, and some good long range shots. He's a high technique player. I'm not sure who I can compare his playing style with. He's a CM, of the playmaking / distributing type, not a trequartista nor a Pirlo type. He plays in the exact middle but is not much of a runner or worker. I think he's very inconsistent though, and he gives away the ball alot at times.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Marchisio for him, especially as, we would probably have to pay money as well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)