Juve confirm Capello future (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Fabio Capello has been confirmed as Juventus Coach for next season, decided today’s Board of Directors meeting.

The tactician has won two consecutive Serie A titles since taking over, but his future was in doubt amid a revolution within the club.

Although he had said in the past that his stay in Turin was linked with the so-called Triade of directors – Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega – it seems Capello will continue on the bench even after their departure.

“I’ll see you all here on July 15,” Capello told the players and journalists as Juve completed training ahead of the summer holidays.

The decision was announced by Chief Executive Officer Carlo Sant’Albano, who has been temporarily given full powers at the club following the resignation of the entire Board of Directors as a result of the investigation into match-fixing allegations.

“I have received powers to ensure the club runs smoothly until June 29, 2006, when the new Board of Directors is set to be nominated,” explained Sant’Albano.

It’s strongly rumoured that the first stepping stone to rebuilding the side will come from director of sport Franco Baldini, who has already worked with Capello at Roma.

“We are working to give Juventus a new director of sport who, sharing the vision of the club, will stand alongside Coach Fabio Capello. We’ve already started preparing for the 2006-07 campaign with Capello and we are following the evolution of the situation.”

It was always set to be a Year Zero for the Bianconeri, who will play their home games at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin while the Delle Alpi is restructured.

The club office has also moved to the new ‘Mondo Juve’ training ground in the Vinovo area of Turin.

“In this transitional period, I will work to resolve problems in bringing in new management, maintaining a strong bond with our sponsors, verifying contracts and the in-depth analysis of future projects, which will be handed on to the next CEO for his own autonomous valuation.”

Source: Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
On the one hand, this is not what I wanted to see. On the other hand, Capello's stature has improved in my mind given his handling during the events of the past few weeks. We may be yet playing in Serie B or C for that matter. But anyone willing to stick with the club, presuming he will be, through this has shown character to me that counts for respect points.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
1 month ago I was crossing my fingers for him to go, now I'm almost happy he will remain. I liked seeing him ready to defend the club and suggesting we will have a good laugh. He's not afraid to talk his mind and tell journalists what they deserve. At the moment I believe we need this more than a CL.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
isha00 said:
1 month ago I was crossing my fingers for him to go, now I'm almost happy he will remain. I liked seeing him ready to defend the club and suggesting we will have a good laugh. He's not afraid to talk his mind and tell journalists what they deserve. At the moment I believe we need this more than a CL.
The same here...

The man revealed to everybody that he has some class in the latest days...

Apr 15, 2006
i think it was a good decision. after all, they did win 2 scudetto's in a row, and they won the last 3 matches, which were crucial for stayin in #1 spot and not lettin milan crawl their way to #1.

besides, just 1 loss is quite remarkable.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Jeeks said:
I think this is good news in a certain way. It might mean that the club is staying in Serie A.
Exactly my read, as well, Jack. No way "ambitious Capello" stays at Juve, if he thinks we are going to be relegated. Certainly not with Milan and Inter, if you believe the rumors, interested in him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You guys still believe what Capello says. He can be confirmed by God but if we go to serie B he'll jump ship to Real or another team in a sec.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
mark77 said:
You guys still believe what Capello says. He can be confirmed by God but if we go to serie B he'll jump ship to Real or another team in a sec.

Indeed.

Capello will probably leave in a week or tomorrow, fvck he might even be packin his stuff now and wearing his Inter Cap with Madrid underwear and man utd socks...he'll leave in couple of hours, just like he did with Roma.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
mark77 said:

But why would he say anything, amico mio?

Sure, we survive, he looks like a hero, but if we're relegated....and he jumps ship (as, I agree, he surely would) he would be branded as an ahole forever.

What I'm saying is: why take the risk? This matter will be cleared up by summer, at the latest. Wouldn't it just be better to say nothing until then?

Unless he knows something..;)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I read somewhere that he hinted he could leave if Juve go down so...You can't trust Capello. Talk to some Roma fans. "I'll never coach Juve".

Tabak

May 20, 2006
I don't want to see Capello again as a Juve coach. I still can't understand how he could think that he can beat Arsenal with Ibra and Trez. Alex played injured against Roma and we saw what happened. Now we'll lose Camoranesi only because of Capello. I want ro see Lippi again as Juve boss!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Tabak said:
I don't want to see Capello again as a Juve coach. I still can't understand how he could think that he can beat Arsenal with Ibra and Trez. Alex played injured against Roma and we saw what happened. Now we'll lose Camoranesi only because of Capello. I want ro see Lippi again as Juve boss!

Welcome Tabak.

And good post.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well i guess that means juve are staying in Serie A. there i sno way he would coach them in Serie B...no way in hell!

nothing will change next season with this team...i cant believe he is going to stay.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
mark77 said:
I agree with what you say. Capello already has a reputation following the incident that occur at the 2004 summer

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Well I hope it means we're still in Serie A...although there is that slight feeling in the back of my mind that 1 season at Serie B might not be too bad to clean up our image....we can still win the italian cup :D

But I welcome cap's comments eventhough I know it might just be empty words...
"I'll never coach Juve"
"My fate lies with the triad" (well there ain't no triad now)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)