Juve-Basel (1 Viewer)

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
lets kick off the match. I wonder why no one started this topic before. Basel, Hmmmmmmmm harrased the hell out of Man U, and we have not been firing on all cylinders recently. We also have been conceding goals by the backet since Montero come back, i hope we watch out. Hakan Yakin can give us trouble. He is the motar behind the team.

Juve watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have to enter the Man U matches with 4 pts. otherwise we will have alot of trouble like last year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
No problem, del Piero and company will destroy them, and against Manchester we will have Trezeguet...we shouldn't be worried about that.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by LeRoi ] ++
No problem, del Piero and company will destroy them, and against Manchester we will have Trezeguet...we shouldn't be worried about that.
Overconfidence is a bad thing. ;)

I think Juventus should be able to beat Basel since it's a home game. They will have trouble on the road against them, but I'm hoping they get 3 points at home.

A little additional info on Basel...
- they won their latest game in the Swiss league 4-1 @ Wil.
- 2nd place in the Swiss National-Liga

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++
lets kick off the match. I wonder why no one started this topic before. Basel, Hmmmmmmmm harrased the hell out of Man U, and we have not been firing on all cylinders recently. We also have been conceding goals by the backet since Montero come back, i hope we watch out. Hakan Yakin can give us trouble. He is the motar behind the team.

Juve watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have to enter the Man U matches with 4 pts. otherwise we will have alot of trouble like last year.
told you montero was shit ;)

anyway, i hope we do a Dynamo Kiev on them.... and hammer them. i notice that basel when under attack, doesnt play well.

so we have to rely on camo, del piero, nedved and di viao to put pressure on them and not let them play their game. Davids should control the midfield and 'choke' Yakin from creating chances.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
:mute:

we have got to win this one. Of all the 6 games, this is the must win game. Ifvwe don't win it, we make it extremely hard for ourselves to qualify. Since goal difference doesn't matter, I don't really care so long as we win..but realistically on top form we could easily put 4 or 5 past them without reply

whats this? optimism :eek:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
:LOL: 5 will be a good welcome for the boys from Switzerland. Although they are a very good team I believe we shall stamp our authority on them. This is a game we cannot even think about defeat or draw.

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
I´m the realistic one I´m not sure that this will be the season for italian team´s either I think we´ll have 6 points from this group and hope for the best!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
they don't have a terrible defence, they have murat yakin and that nigerian fellow or something on left-back, not too easy.

i think it's going to be quite hard, but it's definetely a must win, and we're going to win.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
yeah i know who you mean. but they get a lot of goals against the big teams.

Liverpool 1-1 Basel (they had tremendous luck there)
Valencia 6-2 Basel (!!!)
Basel 2-2 Valencia
Basel 3-3 Liverpool
Basel 1-3 Man Utd

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
they don't have a terrible defence, they have murat yakin and that nigerian fellow or something on left-back, not too easy.
yeah touba I think is his name, from cameroon or something. by the way Murat Yakin is absolutely shite, I saw him against Liverpool and Man United. He strikes a good dead ball, but at defending he is terrible. Their danger men are IMO Ergic, Hakan Yakin and possibly the two Argentines up front, but they aren't particularly good either.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
yes, now i remember. atouba. he is not that good. i'm not even sure he's on the starting lineup for cameroon NT.
their defence suck! zuberbieler is not that good too.
tom, Rossi and Gimenez are very dangerous.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
i think ergic works alot, and is pretty good, but i wouldn't really describe him as a danger man cause the times i have seen him he hasn't really created much.
you're right on hakan yakin, we must control him, and the two argentines are dangerous as they are great infront of the goal.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i hope so, i mean, if valencia and man utd were able to do it we should do it too. this is the 'easiest' match for juve in the second phase, at least on paper, so we should win this one without any excuses

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
this is supposed to be the easiest match of the group!!!!

i hope we don't screw up as we usually do and over come this swiss team!

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
Basel have done it b4 and can do it again... theyve beaten up great teams... and b4 this CL i hadnt even cared about what/who basel was ;).

But they will give juve a hard game i think... and it will make em tired for the sundays game against lazio.

Juve wins 1-0

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
If we can't beat this lot, we'd better give up after the game. It is important to win ALL our home games. I've seen enough of Basel to know that they will be a threat. but one which we can overcome. The only mistake we can make (apart from starting with Di Vaio!) would be to under-estimate them.

Sagha

Aug 27, 2002
I saw some Basel games fully, they r good at home but away the loose at least half of their potential...the 1-1 against Liverpool at Anfield is liar... Liverpool should have won at least 5-1 this one, the hit 3 time the bar and had a ton of occasion...

So Juve hasnt to be afraid of them...They just have to play their natural calcio and they will win without too many diffuclties...

Just put a solid man and fast enough on H. Yakin, he is the main danger, his fk r terrible...

My prediction:

Juve - Basle : 3-1 (DP *2 / Camo / H.Yakin)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)