Juve-Basel (16 Viewers)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
hold on a bit longer...what we need now is not over-defending, or over-attacking because that will cause problems. what we need is balance and the defence to keep up- fitness is the key.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
OK Here's my summary: we played a decent game...

To all the Basel fans: Cheers for being a good team. Hope to see you come back and kick MU/Depor, whoever u like...I know its kinda hard...but its over, look to how u beat or at least hold to a draw the other 2 teams...(please dont plan for revenge)...

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
We're 2nd in the group, having 4 points, 2 less than Man U. Depor have 1 and Basel 0.

Things are going very well, I think Juve are on a good way to the Quarter finals. Now they have to focus on Serie A, and when CL starts again in February, they must very focused and determined when they meet Man U at Old Trafford. This will be the hardest match in the group, so I hope Lippi prepares his team well(I'm sure he will).

Forza Juve!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Well so much about Basel :D Important win, but I wouldn't go too over the top with this result, as we were the superior team all along (and it was only a formality) and we'll have to show how "mighty" we are no sooner then on Sunday.

First of all I have to say that IMVHO that was not a penalty. They showed it from all kinds of angles and the Basel player barely (or not at all) touched Nedved. We all know how easily he fells :rolleyes:

The team seemed pretty eager to win and more or less everything worked well. We created many chances, especially Nedved, so the end result could have been even bigger. As I said before Trez did extraordinary well. I had doubts how he'll do after being so long off-pitch but he was very determined and went for every ball.

Zambrotta had another good game and is a serious competition to Camoranesi ... or not as the Ita/Arg hadn't been playing good lately :undecide: I wonder if the spell is over.

Tacchinardi, not only because of his long-distance goal, did very good IMO. Or was that because Davids was nothing special tonight and Alessio stood out? :undecide:

DP's free-kick, that converted into Montero's goal later, was superb and Basel's keeper really had to strech out to get it. Luckily he only managed to bounce it from getting into the net and Montero was able to push it from the ground :cool: There was a bit of excitement when DP escaped with the ball and run down half the picth with only one defender in the way, but decided to wait for others to help him out rather than going all the way ... we were leading 4-0 by then anyway :D

The defence did well, especially Thuram, helping out the CD and also pushing the ball forward on more then one occasion :cool: But there were moments (very rare though) when Basel pushed and the PB looked like a big kaos, fortunately everything ended without regrets. Gigi (with a cute hat :D ) saves were welcome as well. There's this one thing that was really funny ... he had the ball and was trying to pass it to our player but some Basel player was standing a bit too near so he kicked the ball in a wonderful, high lob to overpass the player and then reaching our defender ... he got a clap from the stadium :cool: :D

I do feel kind of sorry for the players to be playing in such a unfriendly weather, it was snowing and it was freezing cold, the pitch all slippery and the first 10 minutes you could barely see your own feet. I really think it should be good if Seria A would think about a longer winter rest, especially since the majority of clubs are from north where the conditions are not very football-like :undecide:

Man Utd won at home against Depo which is not a surprize with the form they are on. Hopfully it'll change by February!

Man Utd 6
Juve 4
Depo 1
Basel 0

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
WHAT ? Basel? say what? cant understand what u mean... Basel up yours... trezegol and tachi... yeeehaw... love juventus.

i missd the highlits :'(... anyone saw the game live? i will be watching the relive for sure...

Juve is in good form... forza juve and next stop... down with lazio :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)