Juve Attack... (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
Fair enough, Dominic. But I, unlike you, don't think Zlatan has not be good. Quite the contrary, I think he's been good for the past seasons. And I'm not saying Gilardino is less good or anything, no, but I just feel more SECURE if it was Zlatan here than Gilardino. No experience you say? Well certainly his experience in the CL counts a lot more than merely one real season in Serie A.

Like I said, I have no problem with Gilardino in Juve, I just don't want HIM to replace Trez because it's too big of a risk. And I don't think I'm wrong here either, how certain are you that Gilardino won't be a one hit wonder? Either you just wait for him one more season or get him now, but not to replace Trez and see how things go.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rainforest Liu

Apr 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'd forget about the 4-2-3-1 for now because Miccoli prefers the left side and neither Del Piero nor Nedved are natural right-sided players.

Our attack doesn't need a big lot of changes, but Gila for Trez would be nice. Zala will probably leave too, but that's not a great concern since Kapo can be the fifth striker.

---------------------Buffon------------------------
---Trabelsi------Mexes---Ferrari------Zambrotta---
-------------------Tacchinardi---------------------
--Camoranesi------------------------Maresca--
---------------------Nedved-----------------------
--------------Gilardino------Del Piero------------

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Fair enough, Dominic. But I, unlike you, don't think Zlatan has not be good. Quite the contrary, I think he's been good for the past seasons. And I'm not saying Gilardino is less good or anything, no, but I just feel more SECURE if it was Zlatan here than Gilardino. No experience you say? Well certainly his experience in the CL counts a lot more than merely one real season in Serie A.

Like I said, I have no problem with Gilardino in Juve, I just don't want HIM to replace Trez because it's too big of a risk. And I don't think I'm wrong here either, how certain are you that Gilardino won't be a one hit wonder? Either you just wait for him one more season or get him now, but not to replace Trez and see how things go.
True, Zlatan has CL experience. + He didn't to that bad in the CL.
You're saying you'd feel insecure with Gilardino in the starting 11, well i'd feel much more insecure with Zlatan in the squad, Zlatan whines a lot and he isn't a natural goalscorer. He doesn't know when to stop with his dribbles, he might be technical but his dribble isn't that great. I also get the feeling Zlatan playes way too much for himself, althoug that can be changed it would make me 'insecure' to have a player like that in the staring 11.
I'd prefer Gilardino. Although you might be right about him being a one season wonder, i would be willing to take that risk..

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
True, Zlatan has CL experience. + He didn't to that bad in the CL.
You're saying you'd feel insecure with Gilardino in the starting 11, well i'd feel much more insecure with Zlatan in the squad, Zlatan whines a lot and he isn't a natural goalscorer. He doesn't know when to stop with his dribbles, he might be technical but his dribble isn't that great. I also get the feeling Zlatan playes way too much for himself, althoug that can be changed it would make me 'insecure' to have a player like that in the staring 11.
I'd prefer Gilardino. Although you might be right about him being a one season wonder, i would be willing to take that risk..
Do you even watch Zlatan play? You say, "he's technical his dribble isn't that great." Watch this, then try to tell me he doesn't dribble well, and he's not a natural scorer. :groan:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Do you even watch Zlatan play? You say, "he's technical his dribble isn't that great." Watch this, then try to tell me he doesn't dribble well, and he's not a natural scorer. :groan:
I've seen that movie before, so based on that Theory Di Vaio should be our main goal scorer. Sure the movie shows Zlatan's technique, but he tries moves like that way too often, did you see Sweden vs Portugal. Zlatan lost the ball way too often.

And no, Zlatan is not a natural goal scorer. He doesn't score that much.

Oh yeah, I see Zlatan play literally every week.

Jul 12, 2002
I've seen that movie before, so based on that Theory Di Vaio should be our main goal scorer. Sure the movie shows Zlatan's technique, but he tries moves like that way too often, did you see Sweden vs Portugal. Zlatan lost the ball way too often.
There is a difference between being a bad decision maker and being a bad dribbler. Zlatan has sublime footskills, but doesn't work well with his team-mates for Sweden. There are numerous reasons for that, but in general Zlatan doesn't lose the ball as much as you would have us believe. Surely he loses the ball less than Trezeguet...

Here's what UEFA.com has to say about his possesion skills: "Ibrahimovic is an enigmatic striker who possesses skill in abundance. His fine technique and ability to retain possession make him a useful foil"

And no, Zlatan is not a natural goal scorer. He doesn't score that much.
I'd be inclined to agree with that assesment, if it weren't for the fact that Zlatan scores like a madman when played as an out and out striker. When asked to provide for other players (as in the Swedish NT and Ajax), his scoring rate decreases. Did you see him when he played for Malmo?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
trez doesnt lose the ball that much, i mean he rarely has it.
Indeed. Perhaps someone should do a statistical analysis to determine who loses the ball more as a percentage of the times that they possess the ball.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

There is a difference between being a bad decision maker and being a bad dribbler. Zlatan has sublime footskills, but doesn't work well with his team-mates for Sweden. There are numerous reasons for that, but in general Zlatan doesn't lose the ball as much as you would have us believe. Surely he loses the ball less than Trezeguet...

Here's what UEFA.com has to say about his possesion skills: "Ibrahimovic is an enigmatic striker who possesses skill in abundance. His fine technique and ability to retain possession make him a useful foil"

I'd be inclined to agree with that assesment, if it weren't for the fact that Zlatan scores like a madman when played as an out and out striker. When asked to provide for other players (as in the Swedish NT and Ajax), his scoring rate decreases. Did you see him when he played for Malmo?
Okay i may have exaguarated(sp?) about Zlatan being a bad dribbler. I made that statement because like you said he loses the ball after make a bad decision.
You can't deny that Trezeguet's is much more effective.

Zlatan is most of the time playes as an out and out striker, as Ajax often play 4-3-3. Zlatan as the striker with two wingers around him. He does play as support striker for Sweden though, that's true. I've not seen Zlatan play for Malmo. I don't beleive he ever scored like a madman though. I'd like some statistics to see that....

Jul 12, 2002
Okay i may have exaguarated(sp?) about Zlatan being a bad dribbler. I made that statement because like you said he loses the ball after make a bad decision.
You can't deny that Trezeguet's is much more effective.
I sure as hell can deny that Trezeguet is more effective, because that's bullshit. You all want a complete forward who can do everything and finish as well or better than Trezeguet, but there are only two of them out there and niether is for sale. Zlatan isn't perfect, he has his drawbacks, but he's shown that he is immensely talented, and he's versatile. He's definitely a more complete player than Trezeguet and that's what I think we are looking for in a replacement.

Zlatan is most of the time playes as an out and out striker, as Ajax often play 4-3-3. Zlatan as the striker with two wingers around him. He does play as support striker for Sweden though, that's true. I've not seen Zlatan play for Malmo. I don't beleive he ever scored like a madman though. I'd like some statistics to see that....
I'm not sure that I concur with that statement. Sonck has 42 appearances, while Mitea has 37, and Sikora has 34. Seems to me that Zlatan is playing ith other forwards a lot, and in that situation, he is the support forward.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

trez doesnt lose the ball that much, i mean he rarely has it.
:LOL:

Yeah, you figure Trez gets his few touches a game, which are literally that, at about 0.2 seconds for every header wide...

that's gotta amount to almost 2 seconds of ball possession per match! ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
nahhh... i dun think u can score more than 5 goals in Serie C.. let alone serie A..:p

and which of our players played up to their mark in big games? Del Piero? .. at least Treze scores vs small team.. Del P hardly scores at all...

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
nahhh... i dun think u can score more than 5 goals in Serie C.. let alone serie A..:p

and which of our players played up to their mark in big games? Del Piero? .. at least Treze scores vs small team.. Del P hardly scores at all...
Cuz 3 players go to mark DP and they leave one on Trez and they know that he cant score then. That was a tactic that everybody used this season....

OP
julio1011

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    I am beginning to think more and more that juve will buy vieri and gilardino.... so that means

................DelPiero.................
    ......Vieri..........Gilardino........

and Nedved left wing!

and all italian trio upfront!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Gilardino is a massive possibility, but Vieri? I don't think so. Him leaving Inter isn't undoubtable, but I can't see him rejoining Juve.

Jul 28, 2002
    i can see him joinin juve, but only at a cut price, moggi, i hope, wouldnt do big business for him, cos there are other more desperate areas, such as the purchase of mexes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)