Juve Attack... (1 Viewer)

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
I think our attack should be left alone!!

we have 4 quality strikers already!! We've just been unlucky with injuries to Del piero and Trezeguet. Miccoli has been a bit part player and Di Vaio has had a bad patch!

If we have to buy anyone, I reckon Rothen from monaco would be a good signing, he could play on the left!

we need defenders:

Ferrari
Mexes
Bonera
Trabelsi
Lucio

we need at least 2 of these three!!

Preferably Ferrari and Mexes!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
julio1011

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    i don't think our attack should be left alone especially since it's obvious trez is leaving..... I say we get Gilardino and Van der Vaart/Diego.

Aug 26, 2003
    how many strikers do we need next season? 4 or 5?

I don't know i would like to see Gilardino at Juve but i think he will only come if trez leaves!

the other strikers like Del Piero, Micco and Di Vaio won't leave (and thats good)!!

I don't think we will see Trez, Del, Mic, Di and (Gila) but i don't want anyone to leave i like them all!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

six new players as titulars??? maybe you plan to remove also lippi, moggi and agnelli family ? Do you have in mind a new name for the team??
    yeah because this current squad and team is packed with talent. lets keep legro and montero, play birindelli right back, keep our over creative multi skilled midfield, and use di vaio as a striker.

whether you want to admit it or not, this team needs drastic changes now. its moggi's fault for not doing it gradually over the past 2 summers. now we are forced to sell our ageing defenders, we need some form of creativity in midfield and our best and only striker who doesnt waste chances is leaving.

whatelse can we do? do you think bringing one defender, midfielder and striker is enough? come on, do you want to even have a go at winning the CL and scudetto yet? we are miles behind Milan right now. not to mention others in europe.

if moggi only makes small changes this summer, once again next season, we will embarrass ourselves.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yes, we need some changes. I think bringing in Mexes, Ferrari, Kapo, VDV (if Moggi takes that 9 million E opportunity), and Gilardino would get us back to winning trophies next year. If not VDV, then Diego or Pizarro or Deco or...... someone who is a natural playmaker.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Don't get too excited and wee your pants bout Gilardino. I have to go with Adrian here, I'll give him credit for having a great season but still not fully proven yet, it could be just a one hit wonder.
    So what is your suggestion then? to go after old average players instead of young players who has just broken thruh, and are waiting too be bought, like it always have been!

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

yeah because this current squad and team is packed with talent. lets keep legro and montero, play birindelli right back, keep our over creative multi skilled midfield, and use di vaio as a striker.

whether you want to admit it or not, this team needs drastic changes now. its moggi's fault for not doing it gradually over the past 2 summers. now we are forced to sell our ageing defenders, we need some form of creativity in midfield and our best and only striker who doesnt waste chances is leaving.

whatelse can we do? do you think bringing one defender, midfielder and striker is enough? come on, do you want to even have a go at winning the CL and scudetto yet? we are miles behind Milan right now. not to mention others in europe.

if moggi only makes small changes this summer, once again next season, we will embarrass ourselves.
    Does this same team embarrass ourselves last season?

Moggi will only make two or three changes this summer because he knows that escencially, the actual formation is very strong and talented despite having a bad season.

Juventus never makes radical changes. Inter does it

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004

Moggi will only make two or three changes this summer because he knows that escencially, the actual formation is very strong and talented despite having a bad season.

I agree 100% with you. Good to see someone with a bit of sense, Inter is a nightmare example on how its not supposed to be done.

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
    Can someone post me up the numer of Apperances and amount of goals for Ibrahimovic!

I'm just worried, if he ain't that prolific and we get rid of Trez, where are the goals gonna come from?

Imagine struggling to score and our leaky defence!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

And the word on the street is that Davids is joining Milan, so that makes them even BETTER than us.

Imo we don't really need an attacking midfielder though. I think it's more crucial that we get a proper replacement for Davids like Pedretti, someone that can distribute the ball from a deep midfield position. Pirlo and Emerson do it for Milan and Roma. We have Tacch, Appiah, and Conte, who are hardly composed passers of the football. Lack of creativity is indeed a problem, but with Kapo coming, and the likes of Nedved, Maresca, Del Piero and Miccoli already with us, I think improving the defence and defensive midfield could compensate for that lack of creativity. When Neddy or DP have an off day its usually because they don't see enough of the ball. It's not like that at Milan or Roma because they have quality players who can start the attacks from deep such as Pirlo, Seedorf, Emerson, Dacourt and De Rossi.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Davids is what we need, along with mexes and lucio. Maybe moggi will get off his high horse and offer him a resonable contract..;)

Aug 1, 2003
    Im not saying Gilardino is bad or anything, for gods sake I myself like him a lot! Kudos to him for having a great season and for filling in Adrianos shoes really well, but its been his first REAL season and I don't want him to be just a one hit wonder. I dont mind if he comes to Juve as an understudy, but not to replace Trezeguet straightaway. It's too big of a risk in my opinion for a player who has just stepped in the limelight.

I'm more convinced in Zlatan as he's more experienced and proven, I guess.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Im not saying Gilardino is bad or anything, for gods sake I myself like him a lot! Kudos to him for having a great season and for filling in Adrianos shoes really well, but its been his first REAL season and I don't want him to be just a one hit wonder. I dont mind if he comes to Juve as an understudy, but not to replace Trezeguet straightaway. It's too big of a risk in my opinion for a player who has just stepped in the limelight.

I'm more convinced in Zlatan as he's more experienced and proven , I guess.
    Seriously, how can you say that? What EXACTLY has Zlatan proven? Experienced? You want a player for serie A, Zlatan has no experience here. He doesn't even have THAT much eredivisie experience. Gilardino has serie A experience, proven to be a great goal scorer. You say Gilardino has been great for one season, but Zlatan hasn't even been good for one complete season.

I'm sorry but I really can't understand why you would think Zlatan is better and better suited for the position/job....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

yeah, last season was great. we relied on nedved that much that when he was missing, especially in the most crucial game of the season, we embarrassed ourselves in the CL final. on top of that, how strong is our formation and what THREE changes would really make juve be as strong as say Milan or Arsenal now?

unless those 3 changes are Nesta, Totti and Henry, then i dont think we have such a strong formation and team as you suggest we do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)