Juve Attack... (1 Viewer)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
We know our defense needs helps but..........there are currently a lot of transfer news are being focused on our attack.
Like Vieri, Gilardino looking favourable to come in... and trez departing...so how do you think juve's attack will look next season.

I personally think:

---Miccoli--DelPiero--Nedved--
----------Gilardino-----------

i know not too much change but bcuz of the totally different styles of play of Trez and Gilardino, juve's attack will be much different!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Del Piero doesn't play well in that position.. he doesn't like it a lot either and he doesn't play it often either.

Miccoli is more comfortable on the left too. though it would be nice if he gets used to that side so DP could be on the other side.

I hope the attack stays the same. I dont want Trez Sold yet, and Di Vaio has the potential to be a good sub at least.

we need a 5th striker. getting Zalayeta back wont be a bad idea.

as for Vieri.. bad idea. too expensive for his asking price and we want i younger juve not an older one.

Getting Gila would be great, though even if we sign him, i'd keep him at Parma... let's not do what we did with Di Vaio. Gila has been very good, but let him fall in form, get back and get consistant. He's undoubtedly tallented, but i think he needs a bit more time to mature mentally. If he proves to be a success, we could recall him then make money out of higher-profile Trez.

The point is, we dont have much problems in attack. juve should forcus all their enrgy and resources on rejuvinating the defense.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'd forget about the 4-2-3-1 for now because Miccoli prefers the left side and neither Del Piero nor Nedved are natural right-sided players.

Our attack doesn't need a big lot of changes, but Gila for Trez would be nice. Zala will probably leave too, but that's not a great concern since Kapo can be the fifth striker.

---------------------Buffon------------------------
---Trabelsi------Mexes---Ferrari------Zambrotta---
-------------------Tacchinardi---------------------
--Camoranesi------------------------Maresca--
---------------------Nedved-----------------------
--------------Gilardino------Del Piero------------

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Well, Del Piero plays the 4-2-3-1 in the NT on the left - wing. He also played that position in pre-season.
Camoranesi---Nedved---Del Piero sounds good IMO!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'd forget about the 4-2-3-1 for now because Miccoli prefers the left side and neither Del Piero nor Nedved are natural right-sided players.

Our attack doesn't need a big lot of changes, but Gila for Trez would be nice. Zala will probably leave too, but that's not a great concern since Kapo can be the fifth striker.

same here, just instead of trabelsi i'd play puyol ;)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003

gr8 formation man :)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
btw ,gr8 signiture julio1011 ;)

"I went to a football school 60 miles away from where I lived. I practised 12 hours a day, training both feet so thoroughly, that I know longer know which is better. At Sparta Prague, I would retake the field after a match and train until the floodlights were extinguished." - Pavel Nedved

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I like it, but I like this better:

Buffon

Puyol Mexes Ferrari Zambrotta

Maresca Tacchinardi Nedved

Rosicky/ VDV

Gilardino Del Piero

But this is more of a realistic version:

Buffon

Thuram Mexes Ferrari Zambrotta

Camo(Maresca) Tacchinardi Pizarro(Fiore)

Nedved

Gilardino Del Piero

Both are great, but of course I like the former better cuz of Rosicky or VDV. But that latter is certainly a great lineup, much better than this year's. So I would be very pleased with the latter, if Moggi makes it happen. I point out I would rather have Pizarro than Fiore: Pizarro is a better passer and has more creativity.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003

Buffon

Rosicky/ VDV

Gilardino Del Piero
if we buy all these new players we will be unbeatable ;)

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Buffon

Rosicky/ VDV

Gilardino Del Piero

Buffon

Nedved

Gilardino Del Piero
instead of del piero i would play miccoli or why not vieri :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'd like a formation that allows Zambro to roam the right wing again. We should sign a good LB anyway, Zambro has to get injured one time in his life, and he's only human. It's not a very well covered position in our squad and we've been fortunate not to have to call up one of the Delle Alpi janitors to play in that position due to injury/loss of form

Spudbunny

Apr 19, 2004
Why not Vieri? Everyone thinks Bobo would be great at Juve, but I don't know. I have an Italian friend living in Milan who says Bobo is crazy, that his habits are not good for stability and consistent great play. He pulls stunts when he's not happy. That whole business this season when he would not smile after scoring a goal seemed pretty bad form to me. Bobo is too great of a risk.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Welcome to the Forum Spudbunny! I am right up the road from you in Maryland, and I hope you are a DC United fan as well. I have season tickets to see Freddy play. Not too sure about the name though....

Good first post. I am not sure about Vieri, but he would score some goals without a doubt. I would rather have Gilardino and Cavenaghi.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Spudbunny ] ++
Why not Vieri? Everyone thinks Bobo would be great at Juve, but I don't know. ... Bobo is too great of a risk.
Bobo is a primadonna handful. If I was a coach, I'd probably strangle him before too long.

You need leaders on your team. Good ones. Ones who can set the team morale in the right direction when things get difficult -- when choices have to be made that are in the best interest of the team and winning. Even if they come at a personal expense. Sometimes the winning goal isn't yours and has to come from someone you can pass to -- or someone off the bench.

Bobo is the antithesis of that kind of unselfish team ethic. I see him representing why Inter are such underachievers. On the opposite end, the unselfishness at Milan this year has probably contributed greatly to their team success.

In short: I'd rather not bring some of Inter's bad habits home.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Well, Del Piero plays the 4-2-3-1 in the NT on the left - wing. He also played that position in pre-season.
Camoranesi---Nedved---Del Piero sounds good IMO!
Yeah, that could definitely work since Camo and DP are part of the Azzurri's 4-2-3-1 and Gila would be no stranger to it seeing as that is the same system Parma play.

Spudbunny

Apr 19, 2004
Welcome to the Forum Spudbunny! I am right up the road from you in Maryland, and I hope you are a DC United fan as well. I have season tickets to see Freddy play. Not too sure about the name though....

Good first post. I am not sure about Vieri, but he would score some goals without a doubt. I would rather have Gilardino and Cavenaghi.
Thanks for the welcome. I agree about Gilardino. He looked good over the weekend.

I follow DC United a little bit. After seeing Serie A and the Premiership every weekend on TV, MLS is pretty drab. But it is here and real. Will Freddy play for Juve one of these days?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I hope Freddy will come to Juve, but unfortunatly I think he will go to England....

On which channel do you see Serie A? I can only see it on this weird International channel, # 54. I have to switch from Digital Cable to air to watch that channel. It comes in OK, but sometimes it is a little fuzzy. At least I get to see Juve play a few times a year. But this summer I will get Satellite, The Dish Network to be specific. In their programming they have RAI International, which I hope shows more than one Serie A game a week. They also have Gol TV, which I do not know about. I think they will also get ESPN Deportes, which shows a hell of alot more soccer than the regular crap. I think they show Serie A as well on that channel. I have Fox Sports World, but I am sick of watching the EPL and the Bundesliga every Sat. and Sun. The Serie A has so much more class than England or any other League in the world. I was so pissed when they lost the rights to show it 2 years ago. So I cannot wait to get the Dish! No, I can't wait until I study abroad in Turin in a couple of years for College!

Dear Lord, please create a channel so I can watch Serie A! I can't take it anymore, please!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002

Buffon

Rosicky/ VDV

Gilardino Del Piero

Buffon

Nedved

Gilardino Del Piero

Both are great, but of course I like the former better cuz of Rosicky or VDV. But that latter is certainly a great lineup, much better than this year's. So I would be very pleased with the latter, if Moggi makes it happen. I point out I would rather have Pizarro than Fiore: Pizarro is a better passer and has more creativity.
I like your first formation, but I don't think, that we will buy a complete new central def.
Thuram will most prob. move to the centre, and his partner will be Mexes or Ferrari. Trabelsi should be signed, as he is free-agent.
I highly doubt that we will sign a new playmaker, but if we do so, we should get Van der Vaart. Believe me, Rosicky is injury prone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)