just wondering... (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i think sometimes juve(and other italian clubs) look stale and quite boring at times because of the size of our pitch! it's so bladdy big..doesnt suit us IMHHHHO..plus the useless running track...but look at arsenal, so small and so nice..old trafford is big, but the crowd there is always better than in Delle Apli..there no atmosphere...and plus the quality of the the commentor i get in the matches i watch are so bad over here..the guy's called Paddy...can u believe that.. ;)...

so do u think pitch is too big or is it another porblem or a combination etc...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I remeber reading in the magazine that Juve is planning to buy Stadio Delli Alpi and refurbish the stadium. From what I hear, the capacity would be reduced from current 65,00o to around 45,000 American style multi-pupose built stadium.
That means, running track is likely to be demolished.
Also, I like to add, the quality of pitch should also be improved. I know this has been a running theme for a long time, but the grass in Italy is just plain horrible. Players like Del Piero, Nedved, Davids, Thuram deserve to play on the better pitch. Although, we are lucky in comparison to Milan Clubs, where San Siro pitch is atrocious.

From what I hear, the low attendance is partly due to the poor transportation link with the main city Torino. This means that Juve would probably need a help from local council to improve the infrastructure. Improved service and exploring other market should also help. For instance, Juve holiday package which includes meeting with visit to Rome, football lesson with Juve coach and the meeting with Del Piero. Many girls in Japan would be quing up in order to meet with Alex;).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No way is the pitch too large. Small pitches (ie. Highbury) suck! There's no room, it's so crowded. That's a reason why Arsenal are tuff to beat at home too, noone is used to playing in such a small area.

Footballing lessons? Heck I'm there :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't think the picthes are too small,but I think the running track should be demolished so that the crowd is closer to the game,thus creating a better atmosphere. And when is the new Delle Alpi (or whatever it's to be called) expected to be finished?

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    No way is the pitch too large. Small pitches (ie. Highbury) suck! There's no room, it's so crowded. That's a reason why Arsenal are tuff to beat at home too, noone is used to playing in such a small area.
    but then a pressing game in highbury would totally demolish a visiting team...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
    but then a pressing game in highbury would totally demolish a visiting team...
    If you've ever watched a game at Highbury you'd know that the tightness of the pitch makes everybody look like ameteurs as they all bunch around the ball, but they can't do anything else because the pitch is too small. You can't dribble more than two feet without running into someone and you can't pass because it hits someone's legs.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    well, not that small, but smaller than our current one..and bring the stands closer

Jul 12, 2002
    I think that the stands need to be closer to the field, but the field does not neccessarily need to be reduced in size.

Jul 12, 2002
    Well, we've established that the ptich needs to be the same if not bigger, and that the stands need to be closer. Is there anything else that makes a good stadium/ptich?

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    Hmm thats the difficult question I assume. I don't think it has to do with the design of the stadium, I think it has to do more with the fans themselves, the team and the opponet (in which case, we're screwed)

Jul 12, 2002
    yeah, you're probably right, maybe we should move the stadium to Milan, there are lots of Juve fans there, maybe they would come to the games.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    But wasn't Juventus established in Turin? Moving Juventus FC Club to Milan would do good to the club but would make football in the domestic region more concentrated. What happens to other football clubs in the south of italy?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
    But wasn't Juventus established in Turin? Moving Juventus FC Club to Milan would do good to the club but would make football in the domestic region more concentrated. What happens to other football clubs in the south of italy?
    I read the article that 1/6th of the Italians support Juve.:eek:(That is like Yomiouri support base).
    Which means, Juve is likely to received well wherever we go, as long as it is not Rome or Milan.;).
    If I am right, Juve have in the past played in Bologna.
    With all due respect to Torino though, city isn't simply big enough for Juve. If Juve was established in Tokyo, :eek: we can realisticly expect to see 200,000fans a game. Girls would be queing up to see Alex.:D. Adding Beckam, Pippo, Inzaghi would certainly help.
    Of course, I am joking, since football isn't the most popular sports in Japan. But you can see the picture.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
    What clubs in the South of Italy? there are no clubs in the south of Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)