Just for the record..... (17 Viewers)

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #185
    I think you confused him with that Molinaro lover. He was the one who couldn't spell a word correctly and claimed that he was an English teacher.

:confused:

Apr 12, 2004
    Whats up, something nastier then usual?
    Mother/sister rape/fuck talk.

Same school-boy rubbish, with the same school-boy reaction.

It is funny how it only takes that to make Turk react like that.
    You are an untrustworthy source (side effects of telling too many funny fibs), prefer to her it from him.
    You and him meaning who and whom?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ßüякε;1821808 said:
    No one is. But I am sure he did investigative reporting and what he sates is factually based. If it wasn't, it would be against the law to print.
    But most of that stuff he writes is based on what a few people "in the know" say. Doesn't mean it's true, doesn't mean it's factual. Foer can't prove Arkan slit the throats of Dinamo players, just like the host of the Real Football Factories cannot prove that the Partizan guy raped a Torcida ultra. It's all folklore that may or may not be true.

Apr 12, 2004
    But most of that stuff he writes is based on what a few people "in the know" say. Doesn't mean it's true, doesn't mean it's factual. Foer can't prove Arkan slit the throats of Dinamo players, just like the host of the Real Football Factories cannot prove that the Partizan guy raped a Torcida ultra. It's all folklore that may or may not be true.
    Yes, but you CAN prove this, it is either true or not:

"Under the current (2004) system, a two-person committee winnows down the pool of referees before their names go into a random draw. One member of the committee is known to be backed by the most powerful teams, Juventus of Turin and AC Milan. The other represents the rest of the league."

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    ßüякε;1821813 said:
    You and him meaning who and whom?
    I'm not sure anymore, lets consult the ingrish teacher.

And really, anyone making insulting remarks about someones mother AND being serious about is, lame lame lame.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ßüякε;1821821 said:
    Yes, but you CAN prove this, it is either true or not:

"Under the current (2004) system, a two-person committee winnows down the pool of referees before their names go into a random draw. One member of the committee is known to be backed by the most powerful teams, Juventus of Turin and AC Milan. The other represents the rest of the league."
    Somebody with a proper grasp of Italian will have to sort through the legal docs again.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ßüякε;1821835 said:
    But the point is that it must be fact or fiction, and I would lean toward fact since it by law must be, and thus is not hearsay.

So your point about opinion of "those in the know" is negated.
    By law? Was it published in Italy?

I'm just saying, take everything Foer writes with a grain of salt. He doesn't have a grasp of football, so he writes whatever he is told.

I bet the author doesn't even believe in his own title.

Apr 12, 2004
    No, it was published in New York, but by US law, everything published for public consumption MUST be factually based.

So whether he is talking about Texas, Croatia, John's head, my ass, or English food, if it is not presented as opinion, it must be factually based when published in the United States.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    One can work around that law pretty easily then, especially considering it's impossible to prove half of the stuff he writes. Maybe Arkan didn't slit the throats of Dinamo fans, but rather slit the throats of some pigs because the translator fucked up, or maybe Zagreb fans are slang for pigs. Who knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)