Just for the record..... (5 Viewers)

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #44
    4. Milan-Napoli 1:0
    - Everything that happened on this match was directed by the ref.
    Milan injure two of the Napoli's best 3 players and the ref gives nothing. Milan make blatant fouls and the ref gives nothing. The moment a Napoli player touches a Milan player he gets a yellow and the ref awards a free kick.
    The ref gives a red card to Maggio. His first yellow was undeserved.
    Kaka deserved a second yellow. Tough foul in front of the linesman but the ref says nothing.

Then the penalty. Ball to hand on the edge of the box, after a cross from Kaka. The ref doesn't think at all and he gives Milan a penalty.

Then a free kick. Seedorf falls as if he was shot and the ref gives a FK. When Ronaldinho takes the FK Inzaghi is offside. Unless i'm wrong, and i think i'm not, when there are so many players in the box and you don't know where will the ball go you call an offside. Inzaghi was visibly offside, it wasn't a tough call to make.
    Denis scored an owngoal from this FK and that's how the winner came.

And at the end, i must mention the behavior of Milan players. They didn't stop yelling in ref's face whenever he gave a call against them. The ref, not only that he wasn't warning them and giving them yellows, he didn't even dare to look them in their faces, as if he was afraid of them.

Feel free to disagree.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    no arguments here...the worst was the behaviour...they were acting like a group of drunken sailors, swearing and intimidating the refs the whole night

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Ален;1790895 said:
    Milan injure two of the Napoli's best 3 players and the ref gives nothing. Milan make blatant fouls and the ref gives nothing. The moment a Napoli player touches a Milan player he gets a yellow and the ref awards a free kick.
    Kaka deserved a second yellow. Tough foul in front of the linesman but the ref says nothing.

Then the penalty. Ball to hand on the edge of the box, after a cross from Kaka. The ref doesn't think at all and he gives Milan a penalty.

Then a free kick. Seedorf falls as if he was shot and the ref gives a FK. When Ronaldinho takes the FK Inzaghi is offside. Unless i'm wrong, and i think i'm not, when there are so many players in the box and you don't know where will the ball go you call an offside. Inzaghi was visibly offside, it wasn't a tough call to make.

And at the end, i must mention the behavior of Milan players. They didn't stop yelling in ref's face whenever he gave a call against them. The ref, not only that he wasn't warning them and giving them yellows, he didn't even dare to look them in their faces, as if he was afraid of them.

Feel free to disagree.

All correct except maybe the bit about Inzaghi being offside.

While he was in an offside position, I don't think he would be considered to be interfering with play under the current interpretation of the offside rule.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #47
    All correct except maybe the bit about Inzaghi being offside.

While he was in an offside position, I don't think he would be considered to be interfering with play under the current interpretation of the offside rule.
    Yes, i already asked Jack about this. I'll edit it right away if he says it shouldn't have been called offside.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    Ален;1790895 said:

Feel free to disagree.
    Any reasonable person won't disagree. And they call us cheat. FUCK U MORRATI AND THAT SHIT HEAD BERLUSCONI. Hope both of them burn in hell.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Any reasonable person won't disagree. And they call us cheat. FUCK U MORRATI AND THAT SHIT HEAD BERLUSCONI. Hope both of them burn in hell.
    A reasonable person will give calm consideration to what was going on and objectively conclude that it will be virtually impossible for a team outside Milan to win Serie A this season.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #52
    I didn't notice the rat's position but it is not a surprise if he were in an offside position.
    But is the goal valid if he was offside ?
    He didn't interfere with the play because he wasn't close to Denis when the goal was scored. But when the ball was crossed he was clearly offside.
    The others say that with the new interpretation of the offside rule this goal was valid, but i wanted your confirmation.
    Thanks.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Inzaghi was a metre offside, but he was at the back post and did not make a run towards the ball, he did not interfere with play or even try to. So the actual goal should have stood, I had doubts over the free kick. The penalty was a complete joke, and Milan's players were clearly trying to intimidate the ref, and should have received many more yellows.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Seriously, wasn't that a penalty kick? Napoli's defender's hand was not in the normal stance. I really want to know. Any rules about it?

I doubt about the freekick which led to goal. Had they even showed the instant replay?

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    1) The player put his hand behind his back, but as Kaka crossed his body moved thus it hit his hand, but if i'm not mistaken his arm was touching his body, it was his wrist which was a bit out.
    2) The player was standing on the line, and while his left arm was in the box, his right arm(which the ball hit) was on the line and maybe even outside the box
    3) Ball-to-arm is usually not penalized unless it blocks a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Regarding the free kick, there was not one replay of the "foul", which I thought was suspicious but cannot say for certain if it was a foul or not because of this

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Seriously, wasn't that a penalty kick? Napoli's defender's hand was not in the normal stance. I really want to know. Any rules about it?

I doubt about the freekick which led to goal. Had they even showed the instant replay?
    I believe it is a question of whether the position of the arm was deemed to be unnatural.

To me, the arm was pretty close to the body, and there was no movement towards the ball, so it should not have been given as a penalty.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #60
    In the last half an hour the Milan players kept falling whenever a Napoli player came close and in 80% of the case the ref gave a FK to Milan. It was sad watching that.

The penalty kick is not a wrong decision by the books. It clearly says that every handball in the box can result with a PK. (not counting the goalkeeper and the team that attacks, of course :D )

It's just that in 9/10 cases the refs don't give a penalty when the defender is only 1.5m away from the guy that shots and has no time to chop his arm off, as Reja said, and in a situation when Kaka wasn't shoting at the goal, when it wasn't a scoring oportunity, but it was simply an attempt to cross the ball. It was ball to hand, the defender had absolutely no intention to touch the ball with his hand. He didn't even have any time to do something else. Kaka shot directly at his hand.

I repeat, the penalty could have been given, but in most cases the refs don't give these penalties. It's strange how they always give such soft penalties to Milan and how every 50-50 decision goes their way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)