Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Can't be bothered to follow this all the way back, but I presume it's the usual up and down melodrama on each random piece of 'guru' news?

It's a bit sad that we seem to be wrapped up in this one, at least as fans, I wonder what the club are thinking in terms of 'individuals'.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Who should take us serious after all that crap, every mercato all the same shit again. If we are not sure whether we can compete for a player we should just let it be.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Can't be bothered to follow this all the way back, but I presume it's the usual up and down melodrama on each random piece of 'guru' news?

It's a bit sad that we seem to be wrapped up in this one, at least as fans, I wonder what the club are thinking in terms of 'individuals'.
Newspapers were reporting it as done, then it stalled and now wolf jumped in, it was meant to be all done there, Sky Germany reported it as done and now Heldt has come out and said nothing is done. Juve's offer was rejected, something happened on Saturday and we have to evaluate till tomrrow.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They haven't changed their position even once. They declared a price and waited for somebody to fulfill it. If nobody offers the price the player stays. No games no shit. That's how sales are done
And tbh neither have we, we've negotiated towards a fee we see as reasonable. If another club wants to come and offer exactly what Schalke want then fair enough, it doesn't matter whether it is now or 40 days ago. This is the same for any transfer. I wonder how long it will take before the "just pay what they want!!!" desperation comes out.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
And tbh neither have we, we've negotiated towards a fee we see as reasonable. If another club wants to come and offer exactly what Schalke want then fair enough, it doesn't matter whether it is now or 40 days ago. This is the same for any transfer. I wonder how long it will take before the "just pay what they want!!!" desperation comes out.
Except we are in dire need of an AM. They don't actually want/need to sell Draxler.

Time is running against us, not against them. It should have been our duty to look for other players instead of bazaaring Schalke

- - - Updated - - -

In what world does Wolfsburg get a player over Juventus?

I'm done with this mercato.
40mil from WOB over 30mil from Juventus

as simple as it gets

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Except we are in dire need of an AM. They don't actually want/need to sell Draxler.

Time is running against us, not against them. It should have been our duty to look for other players instead of bazaaring Schalke
Then we go to someone else. But the problem here is time, we've gambled by letting this one run to the last day, so we'll either miss out on Draxler, overpay for Draxler, overpay for an alternative (what I think will happen), settle for a more modest late option, or miss out completely on an AM (I don't think the club will let this happen).

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The reported agreement came at a figure close to the 30m that was originally spoken about. Within reason, if this was the original quoted amount, we had no business waiting till the last day of the mercato wrap this up if this player and position was high priority. We waited and gave the chance to another 'equally depserate club' come in and take the bidding further. Wherever we now pay them what they want or don't, we need to see what our endgame from all of this activity is, because like it or not, Vidal and Coman have been sold already.

- - - Updated - - -

Then we go to someone else. But the problem here is time, we've gambled by letting this one run to the last day, so we'll either miss out on Draxler, overpay for Draxler, overpay for an alternative (what I think will happen), settle for a more modest late option, or miss out completely on an AM (I don't think the club will let this happen).

Unfortunately, I think the last option is a better bet than a panic buy, unless it's a low cost operation like Sniejder.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The reported agreement came at a figure close to the 30m that was originally spoken about. Within reason, if this was the original quoted amount, we had no business waiting till the last day of the mercato wrap this up if this player and position was high priority. We waited and gave the chance to another 'equally depserate club' come in and take the bidding further. Wherever we now pay them what they want or don't, we need to see what our endgame from all of this activity is, because like it or not, Vidal and Coman have been sold already.
I don't make estimations based on reported or alleged figures, they are mostly nonsense, even now people are having a guess. It'll be the usual "we could have got him for just €2m more". I read that every summer involving at least one transfer.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Ok. At this point I would rather a sub-standard short term solution over a sub-standard long term solution.

In other words, if this Draxler deal falls through (which it looks like it is), I would rather go for someone like Sjneider over Lamela. Reason being is that Sjneider has experience and is a relatively low cost option. Lamela is high risk, potentially expensive and low on big match experience.

Would rather go for someone like that. A bit like how we went for Evra and eventually got our long term solution in the form of Alex Sandro.

I like the fact that we have gone for youth, but adding some experience in decisive positions would not be a bad thing right now. Also, Sjneider is handy at free kicks - we have no-one who can fill that role right now.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Horst Heldt, following Friday's game in Wolfsburg you said that the door would close on a transfer of Julian Draxler if you hadn’t heard anything until midnight on Saturday. Today is Sunday, so what's the situation at the moment?
The door is not yet closed, as we had extensive discussions on the transfer of Julian Draxler throughout Saturday. We will have to address the issue further. But we will also take the necessary time in order to make the best decision for the club.
The club denied on Saturday that Juventus had made an offer.
Because no offer had been made at the time of the statement.
Several media outlets are now saying that Julian Draxler's transfer to VfL Wolfsburg is a done deal.
That's not what the facts are.
What will happen now?
We all know what has to happen. A transfer has to be completed before 18:00 CEST on Monday. After our discussions on Saturday, it appears as if we are heading towards a last-minute decision.
There were reports in the media that Julian Draxler asked his team mates on Friday after the game how the Wolfsburg kit suited him. And manager Andre Breitenreiter supposedly had tears in his eyes when Draxler was brought off in the Wolfsburg game, suggesting that he will leave S04.
Both Julian Draxler and Andre Breitenreiter were very surprised about these reports. Julian strongly denied that he said anything of the sort or anything that could be interpreted that way. For Andre, the handshake he gave Julian was just a normal gesture towards a player who is coming off. He didn’t have tears in his eyes. All these rumours from the past few weeks were not on either of Julian's or Andre's mind in that situation.
heldt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)