Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I just don't see the EPL having another bad year in Europe like last year. I do see Serie A passing Germany though. It's just a matter of time.
Yeah in the (very) short-term, Serie A might jump over EPL in the coefficient rankings, but I'd say over the long-term the battle will be with the Bundesliga, and I think there's a good chance our league will get that 3rd spot and make it ours for a while IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Yeah in the (very) short-term, Serie A might jump over EPL in the coefficient rankings, but I'd say over the long-term the battle will be with the Bundesliga, and I think there's a good chance our league will get that 3rd spot and make it ours for a while IMO.
I actually think long term we might actually get that spot from the English. The reason why is that they get more money from regular PL than from Europa League, so most of the time their teams field crappy lineups if they think they can get away with it. However the financial incentives are better for italian teams, and IIRC the italian football federation has been making a push for teams to take EL more seriously, and it showed last year.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
In the end, a lot of this is pretty much going to come down to how well the Italians teams do in the Europa League this season, and you can't really predict that.
Unfortunately for Serie A, it's already off to a terrible start due to Sampdoria. So that's one less team that can gain points, as they are definitely getting knocked out early now.

They should probably implement a rule that says teams like Sampdoria, Udinese, Chievo etc are not allowed to play in Europe even if they qualify for it lol.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I actually think long term we might actually get that spot from the English. The reason why is that they get more money from regular PL than from Europa League, so most of the time their teams field crappy lineups if they think they can get away with it. However the financial incentives are better for italian teams, and IIRC the italian football federation has been making a push for teams to take EL more seriously, and it showed last year.
:tup: let's hope for that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Unfortunately for Serie A, it's already off to a terrible start due to Sampdoria. So that's one less team that can gain points, as they are definitely getting knocked out early now.

They should probably implement a rule that says teams like Sampdoria, Udinese, Chievo etc are not allowed to play in Europe even if they qualify for it lol.
0-4. Ridiculous.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh its sad. NO wonder thay want to fire Zenga even before the season starts.

How dissapointing.. including the board for choosing zenga

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I wonder who our next target is. No point dragging this longer than this. We should offer them 23 + bonuses. Final offer. If they say no, move onto our next target, whoever the fuck that may be :scared:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
personally id rather we play pereyra as a winger than a treq, but then we are way too stacked in the forward dept and not enough in wingers obviously. I know it's a dead horse issue, but really had we not bought zaza and successfully sell llorente, we can have more flexibility. But it seems like allegri is set on playing with a treq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)