Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Agree about the price to the extent I wish we could have gotten more but as things stand I doubt we could have and he wanted to go. 40m is a lot of money and waiting another year would have seen that probably cut in half.
I didn't mean wait another year as I mentioned elsewhere. If it were inevitable then the way we sold him is what irritates me. We accepted Bayern's first offer, the very first.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That we know of. Just cos it happened so sudden doesn't mean we collapsed on their first offer.
You're right, it is my assumption though because it all happened so fast. Also to our knowledge, the negotiations were 35+5 or 37+3. The total sum was always the same. But as you said, that's of what we know only.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I didn't mean wait another year as I mentioned elsewhere. If it were inevitable then the way we sold him is what irritates me. We accepted Bayern's first offer, the very first.
Ok, now I understand. Sorry for I wasn't sure what you meant. :tup:

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
From what I read at that time before they (Bayern) offered €35 we asked for €45.

- - - Updated - - -

Still he's gone all said and done, and it sucks balls. :sad: :vidal:

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I would have loved to have a seat next to you in the negotiations. hows the deal for draxler progressing so far?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Dybala for 40 million isn't a huge huge gamble? What's the difference? They are both the same age.

Please don't give me the crap about Serie A experience, or Draxler being injury prone (which we can't surmise from one long term injury at such a young age).
Dybala made sense because there are not many players similar to Tevez in terms of style. Yeah he's a gamble but because of how much we paid for him, not potential/talent wise. He'll do well here, maybe not 40m well but still :)
While Dybala had a very good last season Draxler was injured for most of it and we don't know if the injury won't stop his development. Besides he's no AM to me; He's no passer/assist man and that's what we need from our AM since we lost Pirlo.
Other than that I think you'd agree with me if I say it's enough to have one huge gamble :p We've brought quite many young players recently and lost very experienced ones. Attack looks very inexperienced and a proper AM could make up for it to lead the line. Mandzukic is a very good buy buy he's no creator; if the kids don't produce anything he won't do it on his own.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Agree about the price to the extent I wish we could have gotten more but as things stand I doubt we could have and he wanted to go. 40m is a lot of money and waiting another year would have seen that probably cut in half.

- - - Updated - - -

lol a bag of peanuts to you is 37m but somehow 18m on Zaza is a lot of money. Great logic.

Vidal is gone. We can spend that money wisely.
Wisely.... yes zaza cost half of what bayern paid for a world class player in vidal

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Man i wish we can just stop looking at Draxler and just go ahead and spend all our budget on Isco!
50 Mil, wrap that shit up!!! Drax is too big of a gamble, for AM, we need one whom can communicate and link up well with the forwards, with a spanish speaking AM with the techniques Isco possess, he can help us reach the CL final again! Another one i have in mind is Santi Cazorla, could be a good opportunity if available for cheap, then we can spend on Kurzawa as well!

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Wisely.... yes zaza cost half of what bayern paid for a world class player in vidal
except Zaza is 24 and has a resale value. Vidal will not be sold again after his contract with bayren. Even if Zaza fails to impress he can be sold for about 10m easly in a couple of years. Besides, lets give the guy a chance, I think he will prove very usefull.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Man i wish we can just stop looking at Draxler and just go ahead and spend all our budget on Isco!
50 Mil, wrap that shit up!!! Drax is too big of a gamble, for AM, we need one whom can communicate and link up well with the forwards, with a spanish speaking AM with the techniques Isco possess, he can help us reach the CL final again! Another one i have in mind is Santi Cazorla, could be a good opportunity if available for cheap, then we can spend on Kurzawa as well!
:confused: So a soon to be 31 year old Santi Cazorla, who has been largely anonymous and inconsistent since 2012 is not a gamble, but a potentially WC 21 year old is?!

- - - Updated - - -

I keep hearing the depth argument every fucking summer. How much depth can one team have? When are we actually going to strengthen the starting 11?!

It's like a chef who keeps diversifying his menu, but never really perfects the core.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
cazorla was fantastic last season

- - - Updated - - -

except Zaza is 24 and has a resale value. Vidal will not be sold again after his contract with bayren. Even if Zaza fails to impress he can be sold for about 10m easly in a couple of years. Besides, lets give the guy a chance, I think he will prove very usefull.
Believe me there is little resale value for a 5th choice striker having already paid 18 mill unless he starts scoring at least double figures on a consistent basis only mediocre/rubbish teams will be prepared to take him on and will be sold at quite a loss if anything

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
:confused: So a soon to be 31 year old Santi Cazorla, who has been largely anonymous and inconsistent since 2012 is not a gamble, but a potentially WC 21 year old is?!

- - - Updated - - -

I keep hearing the depth argument every $#@!ing summer. How much depth can one team have? When are we actually going to strengthen the starting 11?!

It's like a chef who keeps diversifying his menu, but never really perfects the core.
Ok, let's put it this way, Draxler really does have the potential, i won't argue there, but A German, at 21 years old, coming off an injury season, that will cost around 30Mil, is a very big gamble, he doesnt speak the language, will only have Khedira who may not start for us week in week out to help adapt, all I am saying is, I would love it if Juve just went ahead and spend the money on Isco, because he is the better player, less risk, will not have problems with communication, already has a good friend who is our main striker!

Or, Juve being Juve go with the safe option with a cheap but very reliable purchase ala Evra/Tevez, and I see Cazorla as that buy, of course he won't have that high of a resale value, but I think with him and potentially a very good LB, we can guarantee Scudetto and Semi Final CL, I just don't see any other AM available, Hamsik is the other, but he may prove to be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)