Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
that is one theory I've mentioned. One of many, actually, but you are being selective in ones you choose to debate on.

Khedira was free, Asamoah will never be sold for 40m and if both are healthy are easily enough cover for losing Vidal. Aside from Pogba, no other CM could have been sold for that amount and we chose to keep Pogba and Vidal asked to leave.

This isn't rocket science. Thank god we have that huge cash injection now because we have 2 CBs hurt.

But hey...we don't need depth, right?

Imagine trying to sell Vidal in the last year of his contact. Doesn't matter because you have people claiming they could force Vidal to sign an extension only to then sell him for more because it's so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll keep my "bullshit" wishful thinking arguments because it seems to be doing quite well over the last couple of years. Keep whichever argument you want. That's on you.
Look where did you take me.....it all started with you saying that it is impossible to predict the outcome of Asamoah's and Khedira's injuries and my only question was why is that impossible where it is very possible and very often that you predict the outcome of Vidal's injury. Spare me the details, I have not mentioned depth since January, haven't complained about the squad since Christmas and didn't predict that we will fail or anything similar. I like the squad, I like the new players, I fancy our chances. My main issue was the way we sold Vidal, both price and timing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
that is one theory I've mentioned. One of many, actually, but you are being selective in ones you choose to debate on.

Khedira was free, Asamoah will never be sold for 40m and if both are healthy are easily enough cover for losing Vidal. Aside from Pogba, no other CM could have been sold for that amount and we chose to keep Pogba and Vidal asked to leave.

This isn't rocket science. Thank god we have that huge cash injection now because we have 2 CBs hurt.

Imagine trying to sell Vidal in the last year of his contact. Doesn't matter because you have people claiming they could force Vidal to sign an extension only to then sell him for more because it's so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll keep my "bullshit" wishful thinking arguments because it seems to be doing quite well over the last couple of years. Keep whichever argument you want. That's on you.
Or imagine giving him 6,5m net for 5 years. And him continue to be the most unprofesional player in the team. We would never get rid of him, even if we wanted.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Fekir or even sneijder as a temporary solution if he takes a pay cut.
I really hope not, enough with those :gsol: temporary solutions :gsol:

We keep buying players and selling them or let them go almost every other season.

And by the way, if we got someone like sneijder or another crap italian AM just for the sake of it, Marotta would clearly failed to deliver this summer (allegri clearly requested a treq and a full back that we yet to sign).

Anyone argue otherwise is either stupid or stupid

OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #3,370
    But this is what you have been going on about since we lost Vidal, saying he is on a decline and that he has already reached his max with us. You mentioned his injury numerous times but you never said a word about Khedira coming from a worse injury nor about Asamoah still recovering from a way much worse injury.

I am sorry but for me this is bullshit because I never take wishful thinking as strong arguments like and your society members claim to ooze.
    Vidal left, because he wanted to leave.
    Marotta agreed, cause it was probably the last season before Vidal's transferfee would significantly drop trough aging

I dont think this is beeing "appologising" ?

Feel free to say why i'm wrong. Cause i'm also just trying to find my idea about him leaving and where to stand on it

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Vidal left, because he wanted to leave.
    Marotta agreed, cause it was probably the last season before Vidal's transferfee would significantly drop trough aging

I dont think this is beeing "appologising" ?

Feel free to say why i'm wrong. Cause i'm also just trying to find my idea about him leaving and where to stand on it
    You're not wrong, he was sold because he wanted to leave. My stance remains that we could have convinced him to stay (seeing that we lost two pillars just ahead of him in the same summer) and/or we could have gotten more from his sales have we played it smart by delaying it and making Bayern (even if they are the only club interested) pay more.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

sorry what cash injection? we got a bag of peanuts for Vidal and spent 18 mill on fricking zaza of all people

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    You're not wrong, he was sold because he wanted to leave. My stance remains that we could have convinced him to stay (seeing that we lost two pillars just ahead of him in the same summer) and/or we could have gotten more from his sales have we played it smart by delaying it and making Bayern (even if they are the only club interested) pay more.
    We don't even know if he was the one who wanted to leave yet. He mentioned he wanted to stay at Juve till the end of his career, then the Copa. And he never came back, and not once, did the rumours surface about a potential deal, except some Chilean paper talking about Vidal being promised to a European team. How do we know that Juve and Bayern didn't this deal on the sly, and thats what also kept it out of the media's eye the whole time? There were no negotiations, it was just announced with the figures. Such a deal normally would make far more noise in the mercato IMO. Not a conspiracy theory here, just saying in the defense of the player, that we should hear his side of the story before jumping to a conclusion that it was only him who wanted this move. Beppe went to Munich to close mind you. Lets get the players side of the story before deciding if this was the player, the club or both that decided mutually it wasn't working out.

Mar 3, 2014
    We have money but we also have residual debt. So our purchases until we balance the books will have to be smart. We're not callous irresponsible trash like Barcelona, or man city
    Given the interest rate environment in Europe, I'd probably encourage Juventus to use its balance sheet. For a sports team like Juventus, 4.0x Pretax & Interest Cash Flow is very reasonable. I'd probably do it based on just league/commercial earnings rather than including volatile champions league earnings.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    We don't even know if he was the one who wanted to leave yet. He mentioned he wanted to stay at Juve till the end of his career, then the Copa. And he never came back, and not once, did the rumours surface about a potential deal, except some Chilean paper talking about Vidal being promised to a European team. How do we know that Juve and Bayern didn't this deal on the sly, and thats what also kept it out of the media's eye the whole time? There were no negotiations, it was just announced with the figures. Such a deal normally would make far more noise in the mercato IMO. Not a conspiracy theory here, just saying in the defense of the player, that we should hear his side of the story before jumping to a conclusion that it was only him who wanted this move. Beppe went to Munich to close mind you. Lets get the players side of the story before deciding if this was the player, the club or both that decided mutually it wasn't working out.
    If the move were inevitable then I am not really interested in the why but the how.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    But this is what you have been going on about since we lost Vidal, saying he is on a decline and that he has already reached his max with us. You mentioned his injury numerous times but you never said a word about Khedira coming from a worse injury nor about Asamoah still recovering from a way much worse injury.

I am sorry but for me this is bull$#@! because I never take wishful thinking as strong arguments like and your society members claim to ooze.
    :tup:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Look where did you take me.....it all started with you saying that it is impossible to predict the outcome of Asamoah's and Khedira's injuries and my only question was why is that impossible where it is very possible and very often that you predict the outcome of Vidal's injury. Spare me the details, I have not mentioned depth since January, haven't complained about the squad since Christmas and didn't predict that we will fail or anything similar. I like the squad, I like the new players, I fancy our chances. My main issue was the way we sold Vidal, both price and timing.
    Agree about the price to the extent I wish we could have gotten more but as things stand I doubt we could have and he wanted to go. 40m is a lot of money and waiting another year would have seen that probably cut in half.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry what cash injection? we got a bag of peanuts for Vidal and spent 18 mill on fricking zaza of all people
    lol a bag of peanuts to you is 37m but somehow 18m on Zaza is a lot of money. Great logic.

Vidal is gone. We can spend that money wisely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)