Juan Manuel Iturbe Arévalos - Winger - Hellas Verona (19 Viewers)

Would you like to see Iturbe at Juve at these rumored numbers?

• YES

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
meh, if Iturbe exploded in Porto instead he would have cost 45m and would have been a Chelsea target by now.

before James Rodriguez went to Monaco he scored 12 goals and 8 assists in a worse and more open league, Monaco paid 45m..
I was thinking this yesterday, he would cost even more at a Portuguese team. Verona did well to get that €15m clause inserted, although it does make you wonder if Porto sold him a bit too early or if something else was going on with the player. They do tend to buy a bunch of players and sacrifice one or two.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If we are paying more than 20 M€ for Iturbe and more than 15 M€ for Ibarbo, why not pay for Sanchez and forget those two?
are we really paying 15m for Ibarbo? He may just be an alternative to Iturbe. Maybe for Sanchez Barcelona ask for 45m+ and the player 4/5m in wages. :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark update me

- - - Updated - - -

Sanchez's wages and Sanchez wont leave for less than 40m
man it's too long.

This morning the media said meelan channel said they were out of the race for $$$ reasons.
Now they say they offered 28m for him.
a guy from gazzetta said we offered 23m with no Quag and no counteroffers.
SKY say we offered 30m, then siad we didn't.
Gazza guy who said we won,t offer more than 23 says we offered 25m

basically they don,t know what they're saying.

Just buy his shirt. :D

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
same guy from GdS who said we're not moving from our 23m offer says we upped to 25m. :rofl:
I just read that too. It's because Quag doesn't want to go to Verona. He wants to to go Torino because of EL and higher wages.

So we upped our bid to make up for no Quag in the deal while Quag is more likely to be going to Toro. It seems they really want him.

People who criticise the transfer fee should count in wages to be more rational. We might go for Griezmann but he'll cost 35m (release clause?) + he'll get higher wages (I guess he's earning those 1.5m we're offering to Iturbe there, we'd need to offer at least 3m at this point). So he'd cost us 17.5m more considering we're offering both a 5 year contract. And it's just net salary counted in. Add to that after tax and it gets even worse.

I agree that 25m for Iturbe is too much (he's worth 15-20m at best) but for some reason we're still in the bidding war and rising our offers. I guess it's the lack of alternatives that's pushing us to conclude the deal. Iturbe from what I've seen would suit Conte's needs very well in terms of characteristics but he's yet to improve to be a true star here.

If Verona didn't buy him we'd have no chance to sign him from Porto IMO.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
If we are paying more than 20 M€ for Iturbe and more than 15 M€ for Ibarbo, why not pay for Sanchez and forget those two?
Cos he's going to cost around the 35-40m mark with high wages?

And its one or the other.I dont think we have enough financial muscle to pull off both signings

OP
alexjuventino
Jul 20, 2012
  • Thread Starter #1,294
    man it's too long.

This morning the media said meelan channel said they were out of the race for $$$ reasons.
    Now they say they offered 28m for him.
    a guy from gazzetta said we offered 23m with no Quag and no counteroffers.
    SKY say we offered 30m, then siad we didn't.
    Gazza guy who said we won,t offer more than 23 says we offered 25m

basically they don,t know what they're saying.

Just buy his shirt. :D
    Green one?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    are we really paying 15m for Ibarbo? He may just be an alternative to Iturbe. Maybe for Sanchez Barcelona ask for 45m+ and the player 4/5m in wages. :boh
    That's what i think too . The wages are at least double that of iturbe and the price most probably too . Even if his price is around 35-40 mil , in a 5 year deal for sanchez you spend twice the amount spent on a 5 year deal for iturbe

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    are we really paying 15m for Ibarbo? He may just be an alternative to Iturbe. Maybe for Sanchez Barcelona ask for 45m+ and the player 4/5m in wages. :boh:
    barca will accept 30 to 35 M€ for Sanchez with some good negotiations but instead of focusing on one player that will add real quality to the team we go overspending to Serie A teams who are more than happy to suck more money from Moratta. After a few weeks in the mercato, a couple of expensive average players, we declare that we don't have the budget anymore and spend the following summers afterwards trying to get rid of those players that are enjoying the unjustified wages they are enjoying.

Rinse and repeat.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    Cos he's going to cost around the 35-40m mark with high wages?

And its one or the other.I dont think we have enough financial muscle to pull off both signings
    an outbound Llorente would have solved the Sanchez wage issue imo, unless Sanchez goes beyond €40m I don't think it's beyond Juve's reach assuming Juve don't spend more on the Sturaro's of Italy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)