Juan Guillermo Cuadrado - RWB/RM/LM - Chelsea (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think with Cuadrado's arrival and struggle to find an AM (if Marotta doesn't have someone already in his pocket) we might turn our attention to a new CM (Witsel, Gundogan or whoever) and play 4-3-3 as a main formation. Would be quite risky though because we don't know if the Colombian can be the player he used to be.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
How can anyone complain about this deal? He's a good player and he's arriving for close to nothing.

The only two reasons Chelsea loan him under these circumstances are:

1. He need to rediscover his form
2. Building on the relationship with us, in order to land Pogba in the future. (Next summer)

There's no losing for us in this deal. If Cuadrado explodes here we'll have to negotiate with Chelsea, but we got a ~€30m player for free - even if we'd have to pay 30m next year to take him permanently, this is basically a free year.

Also, this is not hindering us from continuing to sign an AM. I see Mkhitaryan coming.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Decent player at hardly any cost but where is he going to play?

He can't fit a 4-3-1-2 and not sure I would trust him for a 3-5-2. That leaves us for a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 and the only options for these are Pereyra out wide in a 4-4-2 or Dybala/Morata out wide in a 4-3-3 (which is a waste). Would you be willing to change our formation and play people out of position for Cuadrado (who has been awful for the past year)?

I really hope that this is not at the expense of an AM.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

He can't fit a 4-3-1-2 and not sure I would trust him for a 3-5-2. That leaves us for a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 and the only options for these are Pereyra out wide in a 4-4-2 or Dybala/Morata out wide in a 4-3-3 (which is a waste). Would you be willing to change our formation and play people out of position for Cuadrado (who has been awful for the past year)?

Dont think its on the expense of an AM as its a free loan so we should still able to bid for an AM
Cuadrado will do well but he isnt exactly what we need unless we decide on playing 4-3-3

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

Why not? He was a beast in Fio playing there.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Key question I have is......Cuadrado as far as I know does not have an EU passport and neither does Alex Sandro. That means that if we accepted the deal, whoever the AM is it would need to be an EU player assuming Cuadrado comes.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Klin my man. What do you think about this?
It's a good move if we have an option for him next season. It will be a great one if we're also getting an AM. I don't want us to stick to the 352, but having versatility to try different formations is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)