Juan Cuadrado (30 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Like was already stated must wait to see how Sarri uses him, but my feeling is it won't be enough to keep Cuads happy. If Cancelo stays no way Cuads ahead of him and MDS is backup for defense at RB. Plenty of options in MF that Cuads might not be needed so might only see time as RF but finishing isn't Cuads strongest suit.

Apr 29, 2006
We could play Cuadrado as a goalkeeper too - I mean - We all love him, so he will certainly perform! :crazy:

Cuadrado has a great personality as far as I can see, unluckily that isnt enough for him to stay. Cover multiple positions? :lol3: Aren't these the same experts that were laughing at me when I said he should be played as an attacking RB? Then Max played him there. Well, at least, we all know now how much they understood.

Cuad lost his pace and that's the end of the road for him here. He doesn't have the strength to bully faster wingers, nevermind CFs. If he bulks up he could become a tolerable RB, but he is 31 with 1(?) year on his contract.

15M in the bank and a great salary for him plus a chance to impress and get an extension. I don't know who hates him , but those that want him to stay certainly don't love him.

Apr 29, 2006
It's not even a question. Most probably there is no offer though.

15M fee, 31 years old, 1 year contract, deep bench status = DO NOT SELL :howler:

Start the calculator app smarties, thats De Ligt 'mega' transfer fee right there.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I keep saying this, but folks too dense to understand that a player covering for the RB, RWB, RCM, RM and RW positon is worth keeping. The €15m we would get for him would do nothing for us and we'd have lost our most polyvalent back up player...and might have to replace him. Good luck finding a back up as good for that kind of money. Just keep him if he want's to stay.
Whilst a valid point, you need to also weigh those pro’s up against the fact he can barely seem stay fit anymore.

As with many fans I love the guy and would be happy if he stayed. Wouldn’t be devastated to lose him though if we can retain the rest of our current full backs and wingers.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Would love to see him as a RB experiment instead of Mds. Cuad could be much better than him if done right.

As a winger or wingback? Then no. Sell.

Sep 13, 2015
Cuadrado used to play wing back at Fiorentina and he managed to dominate the whole wing on his own.

He's capable of playing right back but he's not used to be disciplined in defense in terms of positioning and marking simply because he's attacking minded so that's always a risk when you play against a strong opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)