Juan Cuadrado (47 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Don't recall him playing so centrally so often in a match he wasn't intentionally playing CM though :D
Cuadrado dropping deeper/more central is effective for drawing in defenders and forcing uncomfortable handovers from one defender to another. It's super effective now that we have Cancelo who's a huge threat down the right, and they can't just stick with Cuadrado knowing that Lichtsteiner is much less dangerous.

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Cuadrado dropping deeper/more central is effective for drawing in defenders and forcing uncomfortable handovers from one defender to another. It's super effective now that we have Cancelo who's a huge threat down the right, and they can't just stick with Cuadrado knowing that Lichtsteiner is much less dangerous.
Naa, he needs to stick to running up and down the touchline.

If he had been in Ronaldo's position for that counter and Ronaldo in his and the ball was played from him to CR in the box rather than vice versa, we would have been 2-0 up and most likely won that match.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He's not a goalscoring winger and will never be, but the rest of his game today has been ace. The amount of flag he get's for that missed chance is rather unjustified as he has been clutch so many times before and will most likely continue to be, despite his flaws.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He's not a goalscoring winger and will never be, but the rest of his game today has been ace. The amount of flag he get's for that missed chance is rather unjustified as he has been clutch so many times before and will most likely continue to be, despite his flaws.
:agree:

labeling him as a choker is ridiculous. I would have rather had Berna or Doug C in his position tonight, when the game is absolutely for the taking and we will have chances, but in a more challenging away fixture Cuads can be key when he does the running of two men.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Costa is twice the player Cuadrado is.

Cuadrado has no business being on the pitch if Costa is fit. Costa does everything Cuadrado does, but better and faster.
Costa in the form he was last season from ~November onwards I agree, that guy was WC and one of the best in his position in the world not just Juventus. The Costa of this season? Laughable to suggest he does everything better than Cuads, he has to make up for his failures first and try to catch some kind of match fitness in the process.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Can't think of anything positive to say about his performance last night. His confidence in decision making is low as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I hoped Cuad's finishing would be much better than what we saw. In the shooting practice videos Juve posted recently, his finishing were consistently among the best in the squad but in game it's not the same. I am guessing his finishing deteriorates when he tires :boh:... the team needs another goal scorer in the starting 11... I doubt Costa's finishing is better, he's more of an assist guy... Khedira's positioning and game sense is great but woeful technique on the shot... right now I hope Bernadeschi's is much better and that he can play mezzala, because we need another good finisher in the starting 11 especially if Costa and Mandzukic start.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Well finishing has never been his best tool. I believe we need to go into the market to get players who finish as well as they assist. mbappe, neymar, cavani, icardi,

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He had some spells scoring plenty of goals, but nowadays he doesn't get enough into those positions. I think he could still get to 5-8 goals this season though, if we play him. He gets a lot of critique and obviously when you miss a chance like yesterday you also have to expect it. But I'm not sure what player out there offers the same product as Cuadrado does, and who is also attainable. Berna is a very different player and so far he his been very inconsistent. Costa is more of a pure winger/attacker, not supporting us defensively and in build up as Cuads does.

I think we should always play with 2 of Costa, Cuads, Berna on the wings, with Ronaldo or Mandzukic as CF. That must be our strongest attack, where we are dangerous from everywhere. And potentially grow some balls and play 2 cms and 2 strikers too, with Dybala entering.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Sadly this will always happen with him. He is not a natural goalscorer and depend a lot on his luck that given day to score.

And for an offensive winger of a top team this is obviously a no go. He is not terrible, but he is a gamble in the 3 4 of the field. And we need elite there. He is all hearth and runs, but we really need word class talent in his position. Having him is being comformist at the level this team is getting to.

Thats all about it.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Sadly this will always happen with him. He is not a natural goalscorer and depend a lot on his luck that given day to score.

And for an offensive winger of a top team this is obviously a no go. He is not terrible, but he is a gamble in the 3 4 of the field. And we need elite there. He is all hearth and runs, but we really need word class talent in his position. Having him is being comformist at the level this team is getting to.

Thats all about it.
So who are these elite players? And who in our team takes over the other responsibilities? Or do we need to upgrade there too, to be in an overall surplus.

Costa and Bernadeschi has similar goals/games rate as Cuadrado.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So who are these elite players? And who in our team takes over the other responsibilities? Or do we need to upgrade there too, to be in an overall surplus.

Costa and Bernadeschi has similar goals/games rate as Cuadrado.
Have u seen the way berna and douglas play?
Skilled players out there for the grabs. Cuadrado is not the last winger on the world you know.

And yes we need to upgrade. For the knd of games like yesterday when our options are limited because of injuries, and we are forced to use players like cuads.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Have u seen the way berna and douglas play?
Skilled players out there for the grabs. Cuadrado is not the last winger on the world you know.

And yes we need to upgrade. For the knd of games like yesterday when our options are limited because of injuries, and we are forced to use players like cuads.

lol yes, I'm seeing them. I just mentioned them.
I don't know who out there is clearly better, you are the one saying it. So I asked who, to get an idea about players you think would suit us more than Cuads, as an RM/RW playmaker type with high attacking and defensive workrate. I'm sure you have a couple in mind.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Can't think of anything positive to say about his performance last night. His confidence in decision making is low as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
he wasn't that bad .he played well and created many chances.his performance was ok except for that finish . beside We had no choice.berna was out due to injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)