Juan Cuadrado (29 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You're being ridiculously over the top once more Zach, Khedira isn't quite up to standard in a team aiming to be the best in the world, but he's a very good player, just below WC levels.

So we should absolutely be trying to improve on him, but nothing he has shown warrants the descriptions you're giving.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

There is no shame in admitting the utter failure called khedira.

There also is no shame in pointing out having a midfield destroyer or fit pre-injury Marchisio would have seen us drag through the difficult period and recatch our breath.

Khedira is disgusting and has to go.
:rofl:

One player would have changed absolutely nothing. The team collapsed in the 2nd half, how you fail to see that is beyond me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I hate it how, just because we lost a CL final against Real (no need to mention how good they are), all of a sudden majority of our players turn into shit according to some.

Jesus Christ people. We won Coppa, we won Serie A and we reached the CL finals. We threw out Barca.

Serie A was/is not a big challange, but that doesn't mean it's an easy take, as we play our main players in it. Some take it way too easy and same people would piss blood out of anger if we lose the title next year. No need to mention it's quite harder as well considering how many we won in a row. Motivation is drying out surely.

There's a reason we won 2 trophies and reached the finals. It's because we have a good squad. I keep reading how Khedira is shit, how Cuadrado is shit, how Pipita is a choker and how Dybala isn't that good, among other things. Really, are you fucking serious? Pjanic and Khedira proved 99.99% people wrong when they showed how it's actually possible to play both of them in a two-man midfield while switching the formation. How Khedira sucks, yeah, sure.

I do agree we need huge signings in order to make our team better. But that doesn't include selling 1/3 of our squad just because of the CL loss. Other teams, especially Italian ones, can only dream about being at the top. We did that and there's no need to shit on our players just for the sake of it. If they were in fact that bad then we wouldn't even win anything, let alone reach the finals in Europe.

What we need to do know is keep our best/star players and sign top names in order to make squad stronger next year.
yeah, that sounds reasonable. but during the last 2 summer windows, we lost morata, tevez, vidal, pogba and pirlo.

don't get me wrong, i'm not pessimistic, i just don't have a clue about what to expect this time around. 2 years ago, we had the best midfield of the world, we just needed some tweaks on both sides of the defense, and an attacking midfielder. last year, we would have needed at least 2 mids. now we need wingers and a cm. it's basically the same shit every year, and i have no idea whether we manage to keep our assets, and at the same time, fill the gaps, or it would be just a usual side-stepping mercato, with allegri doing his best to find a good way to play the squad around november-december.

also, i have a bad feeling about our current defenders, but that's a whole other story.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

One player would have changed absolutely nothing. The team collapsed in the 2nd half, how you fail to see that is beyond me.
I like your energy and enthousiasm, but you are wrong. I'll say why.

Real Madrid's entire gameplan was supposedly to catch us on the breaks, and use low cutback crosses. Fine. They barely did anything dangerous outside of that.

Our team had a great first half, collapsed in the second. Khedira collapsed 5 days before the game started. He was collapsed when we began.

Our great first half was a goal waiting to happen. Sadly collapsed khedira didnt defend the box on the one single chance real got, so the first half was a draw

In the second half the rest of the team, except ManBro, collapsed. This can happen. Sometimes teams will step on their breath and need to suffer through a difficult period in the game before they can resurface if the opposition didnt manage to score in the period where they had the upper hand.

We did the smart thing to fall back, basically disallowing Madrid's counter gameplan. We however allowed them to combine far too easily down the center and gift the ball back.
That can also hapen. See Inter in Barcelona 2010. Red card. You'll fall back and hoof it forever.

You however, need to disrupt the opponents buildup cause if they can keep building and passing 5 meters from your box, your defence will cave at some point.

Introducing N'Zonzi. You'd have a cdm that would be forced to gladly run the extra 20 miles and wreak havoc everywhere. Not allowing Isco to run free in front of the box. Not allowing Kroos and Modric to simply pass and distribute it 30 meters in front of Buffon.

Real would have had to work hard for chances. We would have suffered and very likely sit through. Resurfaced at some point when Madrid would inevitably drop the intensity. We'd return to having a great chance at that point.

Cambiasshole, did exactly that for Inter in 2010. Inter sat back deep after Motta's card and had to withstand a true onslaught of Prime barcelona. Cambiasso ran 500 extra miles and bossed the midfield alone. Barcelona had a million percent possession. and a fucking paltry 8 chances all game

This, is why you need a destroyer if you have such massive organisation. When shit hits the fan like it did for us, you simply sit back and have your destroyer stop the opponent from having an easy time creating chances and allow your team from weathering the storm.

Juventus however, had fucking khedira.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)