Juan Cuadrado (60 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He's very incosistent with end product. Yeah he did have a great game, but throughout the season his end product is very inconsistent.
Not basing this on last night. He maybe inconsistent, but what he brings to the table is unique and gives us an extra skill set which adds to the team's repertoire and adaptability. And he does his job way better than Salah does.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats because he is getting owned as of late in this kind of deals. Morata, Coman, Cuads...with Berardi we have the option but it seems it doesnt matter because his agent is whoring him so much

Mar 3, 2014
Thats because he is getting owned as of late in this kind of deals. Morata, Coman, Cuads...with Berardi we have the option but it seems it doesnt matter because his agent is whoring him so much
We should have been much more hard-line with Coman. Make the kid suck it up... We got him for free, he'd get over it.

That being said, I do wish Italian coaches in general were more open to playing younger players.
Zaza has been money when introduced.
And as for experience, Evra, our most battle-tested player in the Champions League who is still a great player led to the two goals. The only way you create tried and tested players is by playing them...

Really, I mean, we could have played a future 4-3-2-1 with:

-----Morata----
Coman--Dybala

Italy has no young players because they rot on the bench.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:tup:

Italians are too afraid.

Just look at that trident ffs. Add berardi for the lols and we have a forward line for the upcoming gazzilion years.

Its a shame.

Mar 3, 2014
:tup:

Italians are too afraid.

Just look at that trident ffs. Add berardi for the lols and we have a forward line for the upcoming gazzilion years.

Its a shame.
It is...because ultimately, calcio is amazing at its best. The focus on defending that very few leagues do anymore is beautiful at times. Unfortunately, we also lack balance. We need to develop players like Totti, Del Piero, Nesta & Cannavaro again. All of these players were playing consistently at age 20. Unfortunately, now a days, we'd rather play an import from Argentina or a 30 year old journeyman striker like Borriello.

Unfortunately, other than us, the other teams are either dumb with their strategies (cough Roma), too small (Napoli/Lazio), or broke (Shinter/Milan).

It would be great to see the likes of Zaza, Verratti, Romagnoli, Rugani, etc. to be playing in prominent roles on a Serie A team. Instead Zaza rides the bench (when he probably could have been useful yesterday vs. Mandzukic), Verratti is gone in PSG and now costs EPL dollars, Romagnoli is playing on a Milan that replaces their manager every year, and Rugani only plays cup games.

Out of all the teams I am most frustrated with, it has to be Roma. They waste money on crappy players like Ibarbo & Doumbia, and sell their young Italian players. If Conte actually gets Sabatini, Conte may not last more than 1 year.

Jun 6, 2015
We should have been much more hard-line with Coman. Make the kid suck it up... We got him for free, he'd get over it.

That being said, I do wish Italian coaches in general were more open to playing younger players.
Zaza has been money when introduced.
And as for experience, Evra, our most battle-tested player in the Champions League who is still a great player led to the two goals. The only way you create tried and tested players is by playing them...

Really, I mean, we could have played a future 4-3-2-1 with:

-----Morata----
Coman--Dybala

Italy has no young players because they rot on the bench.
There is a reason for all that as players develop tactically later on and in Serie A you need to be tactically perfect and play for the team plus mistakes are not allowed.

Bundesliga and PL are both tactically easier leagues to play in and mistakes are part of the game there.

Mar 3, 2014
There is a reason for all that as players develop tactically later on and in Serie A you need to be tactically perfect and play for the team plus mistakes are not allowed.

Bundesliga and PL are both tactically easier leagues to play in and mistakes are part of the game there.
and that's where calcio must evolve. Take the best of our tactics and defending, but make it support development better, and maybe focus a bit more on the ball. I don't think it is a coincidence that we have become void of our creative young talent considering all of our training is away from the ball and tactical.

We never want to become England, because honestly, their football is a joke. But we need to evolve, maintain the spirit of calcio, but allow for more creativity, and development of youth. When Italy's most promising young striker leaves a strong Roma academy to go to the Netherlands because he actually believes his development would be superior, you know there is a problem.

Jun 6, 2015
and that's where calcio must evolve. Take the best of our tactics and defending, but make it support development better, and maybe focus a bit more on the ball. I don't think it is a coincidence that we have become void of our creative young talent considering all of our training is away from the ball and tactical.

We never want to become England, because honestly, their football is a joke. But we need to evolve, maintain the spirit of calcio, but allow for more creativity, and development of youth. When Italy's most promising young striker leaves a strong Roma academy to go to the Netherlands because he actually believes his development would be superior, you know there is a problem.
I agree would like to see teams give more chances to youngsters/own academy products. We are actually already doing this in my opinion with a select few really talented youngsters playing good minutes.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

In the end, what matters is results. If other europeans teams are playing "tactically inept" but winning...then they are doing it right.
But what gain you see in being "tactically superior" in Italy...when those very same teams go to europe and get owned left and right. Its pure hipocrysy and bad habits from the italians. They still live in the past and just worry about what happens in italy.

Italian football is dated. If the tactical "parking the bus" football italian teams play was so superior...they would be getting good results even with their 2nd tier players in europe.

Instead, you see teams with proficient attacking players reaching the high echelons of the CL, but those teams gave the chance to those players when they were youngsters.

yeah, i know italians are piss poor and cant buy for shid... but in this times of difficulty, they should be more intelligent and instead of trying to compete in the mercato with other foreign teams like in the past.. they should be nurturing young players and giving them a chance, at the same time abandoning that dreaded catenaccio which takes them nowhere. This situation even hurts Juventus because we build teams good enought to RFLstomp italy... but that lacks against top tiered teams in europe.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We reached final last year and were 2 minutes away from eliminating Bayern. I think we can cope with big boys Hydde.
I dont say we cant cope, i say we lack that edge to finally beat them against all odds. And when is ay all odds is even against referees...because it seems the only way you can win against those teams is destroying them 4-0 or someting because for sure you will get 2 penalties and a red card against you for playing good....so it is even more difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 42)