Juan Cuadrado (130 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 6, 2015
In the end, what matters is results. If other europeans teams are playing "tactically inept" but winning...then they are doing it right.
But what gain you see in being "tactically superior" in Italy...when those very same teams go to europe and get owned left and right. Its pure hipocrysy and bad habits from the italians. They still live in the past and just worry about what happens in italy.

Italian football is dated. If the tactical "parking the bus" football italian teams play was so superior...they would be getting good results even with their 2nd tier players in europe.

Instead, you see teams with proficient attacking players reaching the high echelons of the CL, but those teams gave the chance to those players when they were youngsters.

yeah, i know italians are piss poor and cant buy for shid... but in this times of difficulty, they should be more intelligent and instead of trying to compete in the mercato with other foreign teams like in the past.. they should be nurturing young players and giving them a chance, at the same time abandoning that dreaded catenaccio which takes them nowhere. This situation even hurts Juventus because we build teams good enought to RFLstomp italy... but that lacks against top tiered teams in europe.
When we look at the top Italian teams most of them actually play attacking football. All of Napoli/Roma/Fiorentina like to attack what they lack is winning mentality. They are actually little naive in Europe in my opinion the same way PL teams are.

Every Italian team in recent memory that has done well in Europe has been tactically mature and has gained an advantage that way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh, there has been a switch in mentality as of late with the top 2 teams. At least.

We must do our part and give a chance to promising young lads who can attack. Not to get a team full of 22 years old but i think we can do it from time to time. We pamper youngster too much...while other teams in europe throw them in the fray at a very young age.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I dont say we cant cope, i say we lack that edge to finally beat them against all odds. And when is ay all odds is even against referees...because it seems the only way you can win against those teams is destroying them 4-0 or someting because for sure you will get 2 penalties and a red card against you for playing good....so it is even more difficult.
I see it as a process and it will take time to establish ourselves at the top. For every few steps we make forward we'll take a step back, from CL QFs to group elimination, to Final, to 2nd round... It's simply a learning curve for our boys. Our team is young and we have so much to look forward to in the next couple of years. Bayern were in the exactly the same position as we currently are some 5-6 years ago, before their players gained experience and made that final step. We need to build on this and come back next year with a vengeance.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It will also depend a lot on our transfer policy. I dont know what allegri wants or needs... but this team should be completed soon, as we need topounce on having players like Pogba and DYbala. We must build around them and bring equally talented players to support them

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
A quality midfielder capable of enduring full 90 minutes would be a good addition. Apart from that I think this team is complete.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeh, there has been a switch in mentality as of late with the top 2 teams. At least.

We must do our part and give a chance to promising young lads who can attack. Not to get a team full of 22 years old but i think we can do it from time to time. We pamper youngster too much...while other teams in europe throw them in the fray at a very young age.
There are also countless occasions when throwing youngsters to the deep end has gone terribly wrong some pampering is needed imo.

Mar 3, 2014
In the end, what matters is results. If other europeans teams are playing "tactically inept" but winning...then they are doing it right.
But what gain you see in being "tactically superior" in Italy...when those very same teams go to europe and get owned left and right. Its pure hipocrysy and bad habits from the italians. They still live in the past and just worry about what happens in italy.

Italian football is dated. If the tactical "parking the bus" football italian teams play was so superior...they would be getting good results even with their 2nd tier players in europe.

Instead, you see teams with proficient attacking players reaching the high echelons of the CL, but those teams gave the chance to those players when they were youngsters.

yeah, i know italians are piss poor and cant buy for shid... but in this times of difficulty, they should be more intelligent and instead of trying to compete in the mercato with other foreign teams like in the past.. they should be nurturing young players and giving them a chance, at the same time abandoning that dreaded catenaccio which takes them nowhere. This situation even hurts Juventus because we build teams good enought to RFLstomp italy... but that lacks against top tiered teams in europe.
Other issue is Italy itself is a shit show. Have you soon Napoli, Milan, and Roma's efforts to build a stadium? It's comical. No intelligent foreign buyer wants to touch Serie A because the ease of doing business is challenging to put it mildly due to all the corruption.

Serie A will only survive if Italy as a country begins to turn the corner.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Calcio is evolving but it's very slow. They have to realize that using smart, tactical, defending was more effective in the past. It's just so hard to contain attackers nowadays because of how quick you can be carded. Even 10 years ago, you could sit deep and be more cynical. You could foul and not get called. You could get called on it but still escape a yellow. Nowadays, if you go for the ball and miss you can be on a red in the first minute of the match.

As such, the teams with an attacking mindset have an advantage in my opinion. You have to think it was harder for us to stop Bayern since so many of our guys were on yellows. Khedira got a yellow for tying his shoes, literally. Now if he wants to give Costa a little shot while he's trying to put in one of his 300 cross attempts, guess what, we're on 10 men.

Costa cutting into the middle of the pitch over and over. There's no recourse. You have to just stand between him and the goal. There's so much stress on the defence. If you want to bully him and give him second thoughts about making rampaging runs over and over, you simply can't.

Look at Morata's run. It was a great run but there are defenders in the picture pulling their legs out of challenges because they don't want to face the ref. This is the advantage that constantly attacking presents in modern football.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Other issue is Italy itself is a $#@! show. Have you soon Napoli, Milan, and Roma's efforts to build a stadium? It's comical. No intelligent foreign buyer wants to touch Serie A because the ease of doing business is challenging to put it mildly due to all the corruption.

Serie A will only survive if Italy as a country begins to turn the corner.
One million percent on target!

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Here I am. What do you wanna hear? Cuadrado did great, yes he did. Do I think we need to buy him? Y es, we should

Do I think he's end product and first touch needs to improve? Of course he needs

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Cuadrado is a must buy but he's not necessarily a must start.Occasional magic aside, he's probably always going to be inconsistent.
He's a supersub for me or the best go-to sub for Juventus.An improvement over Pereyra in that regard.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Cuadrado is a must buy but he's not necessarily a must start.Occasional magic aside, he's probably always going to be inconsistent.
He's a supersub for me or the best go-to sub for Juventus.An improvement over Pereyra in that regard.
the first 60 minutes in münchen showed the best juve side of the last 4,5 years. the pressing, the speed, the defending, the counters, all were perfect. marchisio might have been an upgrade over hernanes (though hernanes had a solid game himself), and chiellini could have been as useful as any of our cb's that night, but i can't see any other player in our squad who could have done better than cuadrado in that position.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It's one game.He was exceptional but I just don't see him as being consistently decisive in the way Sandro is for us for example.Hope I'm wrong but he's always been inconsistent.
Excellent rotation option but not sold on him as a perma starter.I know it's stupid to say this after the Bayern game but just an overall view all things considered.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i can live with him being mediocre against bologna and chievo, and showing his best form against bayern. even our best players like pogba, bonucci or marchisio show signs of inconsistency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)