Juan Cuadrado (94 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He wont be scoring much if he's played on the right. His dribbling doesn't lead to him going to the goals' direction it drags him wider or straight into midfield.
it cuz he is junk at using his left foot. if he cn develop it jut a bit he will be much more rounded player.

alter natively he should be playing on the left were he can cut in

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Did he not strike the post? If only that went in & how many players were on after he got the ball? Sevilla parked the blue bus last night. How refreshing we tho beat them with killer goals. Just before halftime & end of the game.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The facility with which he dribbles players is amazing . Best part imho is not that he simply dribbles , but he is also very pleasurable to watch . He has that latin american flair that makes your eyes sparkle of excitement . Still his end product needs work . Usually by 27 players are already made and don't change , but I don't think he ever had a strict coach to teach him , in fiorentina they simply put him in a position and let him do what he wanted . I am not saying that he can become a beast in tactics and decision making , but imho he can improve .

- - - Updated - - -

it cuz he is junk at using his left foot. if he cn develop it jut a bit he will be much more rounded player.

I wouldn't say his left is junk , he isn't very proficient at using it though . He uses his right for almost anything and uses his left just to give 1-2 touches to control (in contrast to someone like krasic for example who didn't even know he was the owner of a left leg) or regulate the ball after a dribble which is enough for dribbling (imho you don't need to have 2 extremely well trained legs for dribbling) . Having a better left leg would have made a ton of difference when shooting though , just as you noticed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
$#@!ing fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu it's so refreshing to see us have the ball on the right wing and consistently threaten from there because we have a speedy dribble merchant not a $#@!ing full back who can't cross. Only been calling out for it for a few years.
:tup:

was dead tired of lichteiner´s tryhards of being a wingback

Then why we dont switch sides with our forward line?. Dybala´s right foot is cack and Cuad`s leftie is cack too.. on the other hand we have morata playing wider when he is our clutch scorer and should be in the middle involved in everything goal related. Yes, i know he is speedy and can cut in.... but if we dont have anyone else to score goals consistently...then morata should be spearheading everything in the zone.

What we should do:

Cuadradro----Morata----DYbala.

That way, both dyabala and Cuadrado cut in with their preferred foot.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
His intelligence, passing, stamina and workrate are much much better than I ever realized. He's so much more complete than I thought.

His finishing is what needs to improve, and I don't count on it, it's his characteristic.

Absolutely vital to the team.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
One could argue, that this is actually turning out better then a trequartista.
Plenty on this forum have discussed that you need wingers, and "double wing support" (fullback+wide midfielders or wingers).

instead of having fullbacks as the only wide option, we now deploy a 4-3-3 that actually seems to work pretty well. Both Morata and Cuadrado, despite different characteristics and movements, are fast, hardworking wide options, one cutting inside very late, the other running behind dybala, all 3 showing nice chemistry despite it beeing the first game.

For the team thats good. We dont need Hernanes per se. Khedira was good against sevilla (understatement considering his injury time). Marchisio, Khedira and Pogba behind this front 3 is a most excellent team.

This, while having Asamoah, Pereyra, alex sandro(for the time beeing), and Mandzukic as extra options.

Yeah. We pretty much are obliged to our own sanity to purchase Juan.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Plenty on this forum have discussed that you need wingers, and "double wing support" (fullback+wide midfielders or wingers).

instead of having fullbacks as the only wide option, we now deploy a 4-3-3 that actually seems to work pretty well. Both Morata and Cuadrado, despite different characteristics and movements, are fast, hardworking wide options, one cutting inside very late, the other running behind dybala, all 3 showing nice chemistry despite it beeing the first game.

For the team thats good. We dont need Hernanes per se. Khedira was good against sevilla (understatement considering his injury time). Marchisio, Khedira and Pogba behind this front 3 is a most excellent team.

This, while having Asamoah, Pereyra, alex sandro(for the time beeing), and Mandzukic as extra options.

Now change that fucking avatar ffs. :allegri:

Jul 1, 2010

Wait a minute, I thought 4-3-3 with Cuadrado-Morata-Dybala was not going to happen and that 3-5-2 was a fatality?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Wait a minute, I thought 4-3-3 with Cuadrado-Morata-Dybala was not going to happen and that 3-5-2 was a fatality?
I said that Dybala on the wing wouldnt work, and considered Morata the central forward. I accepted he could play on the left, but wasent convinced he'd do well there, compared to how good he was for us in the center last season.

However, Euromax found a way to make them work togheter. That display in their very first game against sevilla, was loaded with class and potential.

While i'm still certain Dybala is not a wing option, i agree that Morata can work on the left wing quite good, when done like yesterday.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
A couple of his games prior were better, but he did contribute alot today and also ran his socks off. Could've had 2 assists and should've definitely had one if Morata had finished the move off like he should. There was also that hardstruck low cross in the first half.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You can see why he flopped at Chelsea, they signed a lot of similar wingers with decision making and final pass/shot far inferior to their skill or physique, but it's also easy to see what he brings to a team, especially on the counter attacking phase.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think he will be benched once we have an available midfield of Marchisio, Khedira, Pogba, Lemina, Pereyra and Hernanes. Asamoah too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When we got to 4-3-1-2? Most probably, he can't play in that, and there's no reason to field him as a false CM with so many options when all are fit.

Sturaro might find himself struggling to get a game when that happens.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When we got to 4-3-1-2? Most probably, he can't play in that, and there's no reason to field him as a false CM with so many options when all are fit.

Sturaro might find himself struggling to get a game when that happens.
I can see Khedira playing as Trequartista in a 4-3-1-2 with Pogba and Asamoah/Lemina next to Marchisio if we have all on good fitness levels. Pereyra and Hernanes can jump in with such a scenario before Cuadrado and Sturaro. Cuadrado will be used to change the shape of the team when needed but with the lack of a left option, it might not happen often. I am mostly worried about Alex Sandro if Evra keeps beasting though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)