Juan Cuadrado (112 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I am convinced he is going nowhere, the guy only triggered his automatic contract renewal a few months ago so i doubt he has any intentions of moving away for now, basically has all the reasons to stay and run out his last year of contract, plus there’s the prospect of potentially ending his stint here on a high seeing the moves that the club is making towards getting back to immediate success this coming season, he will sure want to take part in that.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Will he primarily be a winger or a RB?
It will most probably depend on the mercatto and if we make a successful move for Molina or not, overall i guess he will be a bit of both depending on the opponent and squad availability anyway.

Will sure continue to be as usefull as he’s always been for us.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Legend. But obviously won't work on the left.. his perfect place is as the backup RW
I’d say that he will very likely still be the main starting RB or even RWB depending on the formations that we will be using… as things stand right now our lack of proper options at fullback does not allow us to lose or change Cuadrado’s role to being only a backup RW/RM, however the versatility is in fact one of his main strengths so wouldn’t be surprised to see him covering wherever is needed when necessary.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Really, this guy has been heavily relied on to provide offense for this team for 6 or 7 years now. His regularity is absurd. He's never injured. Always a key member of the squad. Always been underpaid and underrated in regards to his actual importance.

Legend. I wouldn't mind if they gave him 2 bonus years for doing nothing. He's earned it, unlike the many overpaid prima donnas who got in and out while he was there.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Should absolutely stay beyond this season. He's slowing down but I completely agree. He is still a good footballer and someone that can take on people one on one and break deadlocks (that is quality you will struggle to find). So he remains useful at this presence.
He is versatile and could probably step in everywhere but DM, CB and target man upfront. Not saying he would be WC but useful. Even as a CM he will contribute more than most of our CMs.
Even if I do not see him as a starter (that includes this season)... and even if he slows down he is one of the experienced players we have that I want to have around the dressing room. Bonucci is poisonous in there (my feeling about his leadership) but Cuadrado is very good to have around youngsters. Keeps them grounded while still joking around. A good role model. He's a keeper that needs to stay around.
Honestly, given Nedved's role is presumably walking around and talking to people. I would even go as far as replacing Nedved with Cuadrado when he finishes his career, which he should finish here. I repeat. He should finish his career here if that is what he would like to do. We need to respect players that have contributed to the club for a long while. I agree with Dybala leaving, I understand it and the same with ADP but we need to have graceful farewells and not show them the door all the time. At least show the door, don't kick 'em out. Buffon should never have left.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
34 years old capable of playing every position. Should have the armband. Top 5 LW in Serie A.
Im fairly sure that Arthur with his 5y contract will end up being paid more or close to the same by Juve in total than Cuads. Such a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure that i’m not the only one who started worrying a bit regarding his landing there… :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

He can still be frustrating but what a great career and longevity he has had, can't think of many players his age still so strong athletically.
Good thing this. :tup:

Remember circa 2018 or so he had some injury issues but he had come back even stronger ever since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)