Juan Cuadrado (90 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Superb

Defensively he had a few times where his positioning got him caught out, but when you are losing in a must win game you need someone to drag the team forward and change the game. Cuadrado did that today, he was excellent when we needed him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He is miles and miles ahead of MDS and Licht. I will not hear an argument as to why they should play over him.
the Perisic goal?

- - - Updated - - -

But showed his best in the final third. I wonder If hes wasted as rb.
agree. doesent look assuring defensively, especially on those long balls from side to side

- - - Updated - - -

Miles ahead of Matuidi and Khedira as a CM. I don't even need to see proof of it.
how is he as a LM/LW though?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
the Perisic goal?
I will give him a half fault there. He should have had awareness to see there were no teammates around to help him. But in the end I feel he's unlucky because he does block the cross and Perisic is stopped long enough where you expect a team with 11 v 10 to support the situation.

But it's his first game there. He won multiple headers. He made multiple other tackles. He was even tracking Icardi very well on that ball across the 6 yard box.

He has physical capabilities that MDS and Licht simply don't have. So in our situation I would rather just go with Cuadrado for the rest of the season and if there's an opportunity for the RB in the summer then take it.

Edit: As a LW, best defensive work rate we have there. Has ability to cut in and shoot. Costa is a RW, Mandzukic is a #9. That's all I need to see. Not saying he's a world class LW, but probably our best one.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I really think with the players we currently have and the ones surely coming next season. i see more of us using 3 at the back again, and i really wont mind it at all if we use Cuads for the RWB as starter, even Darmian/Spinazzola at LWB would really benefit the team, rather than using 4 at the back but no real RB. Cuads is great at RWB and would be a waste at RB. we need him at the final third and with him being RWB, he is well covered at the back.. Now we just need to make sure there is SMS in our mid..

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I will give him a half fault there. He should have had awareness to see there were no teammates around to help him. But in the end I feel he's unlucky because he does block the cross and Perisic is stopped long enough where you expect a team with 11 v 10 to support the situation.

But it's his first game there. He won multiple headers. He made multiple other tackles. He was even tracking Icardi very well on that ball across the 6 yard box.

He has physical capabilities that MDS and Licht simply don't have. So in our situation I would rather just go with Cuadrado for the rest of the season and if there's an opportunity for the RB in the summer then take it.
yes, that is part of it as well. he played RB for Lecce few times i think, and RWB a lot of times in his career, so he probably has the basic understanding of the position, but lack proper training. people compared him to Valencia, but Cuads lacks his strength most importantly which could prevent him from being a great RB. then again, Zidane played Vazquez as a fullback against (50 year old but still great) Ribery for half an hour in a CL semifinal, so there is that. perhaps we can turn him into a full time RB over the summer, who knows. but i want to see more before im convinced

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I really think with the players we currently have and the ones surely coming next season. i see more of us using 3 at the back again, and i really wont mind it at all if we use Cuads for the RWB as starter, even Darmian/Spinazzola at LWB would really benefit the team, rather than using 4 at the back but no real RB. Cuads is great at RWB and would be a waste at RB. we need him at the final third and with him being RWB, he is well covered at the back.. Now we just need to make sure there is SMS in our mid..
Could be an interesting idea for the remainder of this season.
Buffon
Howedes benatia Rugani
Cuadrado pjanic Khedira Sandro
Costa higuain Dybala

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Could be an interesting idea for the remainder of this season.
Buffon
Howedes benatia Rugani
Cuadrado pjanic Khedira Sandro
Costa higuain Dybala
Would definitely be safer than using Barza at the back 4 and MDS/Licht as RB. Though I would probably play Bentancur next to Pjanic to let him more freedom in creating plays, and Bentancur has been great at defending and distributing.
I just wish Allegri stops sucking Khedira's balls for the next games..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Would definitely be safer than using Barza at the back 4 and MDS/Licht as RB. Though I would probably play Bentancur next to Pjanic to let him more freedom in creating plays, and Bentancur has been great at defending and distributing.
I just wish Allegri stops sucking Khedira's balls for the next games..
Worth a try

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)