Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (42 Viewers)

hooligan

Aug 10, 2005
Then why couldn't he do the same with Chelsea, he had all the money, the best players but with them, he couldn't win cl?

Mourinho wasn't the one winning the cl, his players were, he was their coach but he didn't win it on his own.
I agree with you but Ranieri was the chelsea couch before Mourinho and he did nothing... By the other hand Mourinho made history with Chelsea. Of course it's very difficult win the CL but nobody like Mourinho special the referes. Last year in CL Chelsea lost against Liverpool but in the first game the referee didn't see a penalty (everybody saw that except the referee)...except that Mourinho won everything with Chelsea...

and why do you say that Mourinho didn't win the CL? of course the players were there but who helped them to gave their best?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
...so players like Del Piero,Chiellini,Trezeguet,Nedved,Camoranesi,Buffon are not top players?

Of course not. Del Piero is nothing compared to Zlatan. Nedved who? Trezegeuet is terrible, Camo is a useless, Buffon is overrated. Fontana is better than Buffon. And Chiellini is crap.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I agree with you but Ranieri was the chelsea couch before Mourinho and he did nothing... By the other hand Mourinho made history with Chelsea.
did nothing? he put the foundations for success in Chelsea. He's the one who took Lamaprd to Chelsea, raised Terry's game and brought in Makalele.

and those 3 players happen to be 90% of the reason Chelsea dominated the EPL for 2 seasons.

hooligan

Aug 10, 2005
did nothing? he put the foundations for success in Chelsea. He's the one who took Lamaprd to Chelsea, raised Terry's game and brought in Makalele.

and those 3 players happen to be 90% of the reason Chelsea dominated the EPL for 2 seasons.
sorry but I don't agree with you. I repect your opinion don't be offended with me.
With Chelsea's money every couch could do that, and what did he win? he didn't do a great job in valencia in chelsea and he is not doing a great job in JUVE.
but it's only what I think. :)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
we would have been much better served had ranieri gone to man city and sven come to juve.
Would we though?

Man City spent even more money than Juve did, and under Sven are currently sitting in a three-way tie for fourth, but conversely 3 points out of 8th place too. I'm aware that Serie A isn't as tight as EPL... but Ranieri has us in the CL by 5 points and UEFA by 12 points. Sven has Man City out of CL by 2 and in UEFA by 3.

Sven also has had players he thought would be brilliant fail miserably.

Did he even want the job?
But no one says would Ranieri be better off in Man City after all those comments about him etc. He had 2x bigger money offer , and he refused them and accepted Juve job. So for less , as "You can't say no to Juve". It just tells you about Ranieri character. Juve probably never had such a "human" like Ranieri, but we know football is not only about that.

Sven was coach of NT , and England had one of the best teams ever, and what he done? Of course at Lazio he was great...but that was long time ago ....

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I agree with you but Ranieri was the chelsea couch before Mourinho and he did nothing... By the other hand Mourinho made history with Chelsea. Of course it's very difficult win the CL but nobody like Mourinho special the referes. Last year in CL Chelsea lost against Liverpool but in the first game the referee didn't see a penalty (everybody saw that except the referee)...except that Mourinho won everything with Chelsea...

and why do you say that Mourinho didn't win the CL? of course the players were there but who helped them to gave their best?
You can't say that.
Ranieri without money lead Chelsea from nowhere to CL. Only in his last year he had full arsenal of players, and did not win only cos Arsenal did not lost single game for whole season.
What would you say about Grant than? Jose was sacked this year, cos of terible results and issues with management, but since Grant took over he doing even better.
Does it make Grant that much better coach than Jose?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I didn't mean Mourinho didn't win CL, but some people think that Mourinho alone won the cl, that he didn't have good players in his year at Porto.
Mourinho wasn't the only reason Porto won cl, they had some good players, they were lucky with the matches they had to play (see below) and the rest of the big teams all failed so you can't say Mourinho was the only reason why Porto won the CL, that was my point.

Group stage:
Partizan Belgrade
Real Madrdi
Ol. Marseille

1/8
ManU

1/4
Lyon (not the big Lyon from the last 3 years)

1/2
Deportivo la Coruna

final
Monaco

In my opinion, that isn't the thoughest road you can have to winning the cl so surely, they had some luck with the opponents.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I didn't mean Mourinho didn't win CL, but some people think that Mourinho alone won the cl, that he didn't have good players in his year at Porto.
Mourinho wasn't the only reason Porto won cl, they had some good players, they were lucky with the matches they had to play (see below) and the rest of the big teams all failed so you can't say Mourinho was the only reason why Porto won the CL, that was my point.

Group stage:
Partizan Belgrade
Real Madrdi
Ol. Marseille

1/8
ManU

1/4

1/2
Deportivo la Coruna

final
Monaco

In my opinion, that isn't the thoughest road you can have to winning the cl so surely, they had some luck with the opponents.
They were almost out against Man Utd, but If I am not mistaken, they saved their asses in the last minutes..

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
At least with getting Mourinho, we know the club is doing its best to bring glory days back to Juve. He is proven in all competitions!

hooligan

Aug 10, 2005
You can't say that.
Ranieri without money lead Chelsea from nowhere to CL. Only in his last year he had full arsenal of players, and did not win only cos Arsenal did not lost single game for whole season.
What would you say about Grant than? Jose was sacked this year, cos of terible results and issues with management, but since Grant took over he doing even better.
Does it make Grant that much better coach than Jose?
Yeah you're right! I agree with you. But Mourinho won titles with Chelsea and Ranieri didn't and football it's about results... Grant is not better coach than jose he didn't prove anything yet..

Mourinho was sacked because the president didn't like him. And Mourinho he wanted the manage the team by himself. Happened the same thing in Porto he didn't like when the Porto's President decide wich team and wich players should palying... Mourinho is not perfect but he hve some skills that Ranieri don't have. And in my opinion we need someone who can lead this club and Ranieri don't have that...

hooligan

Aug 10, 2005

Group stage:
Partizan Belgrade
Real Madrdi
Ol. Marseille

1/8
ManU

1/4

1/2
Deportivo la Coruna

final
Monaco

Of course he had luck but who doesn't? all the great team have some luck to win...
But he make the Porto won the Uefa cup and CL...and when he move to Chelsea he won the championship in first year that's is a big mark...

I just want the best for JUVE with Mourinho or without him!!! but with Ranieri I didn't see anything positive at least yet... :)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I also want the best for Juve, but Mourinho in my opinion isn't the best, I prefer Lippi 100x more, Mourinho's arrogance isn't something I want to see at Juve, I doubt he would last long since he would be fighting with the board all the time and we saw with DD last year how that ends, plus, we can't ever afford his wages so I doubt he will be coming here any time soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)