Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (2 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont think juve can afford him as coach. not even mancini, the highest paid manager in serie a can tops that.

i rmb juve rejected vialli as coach. and the fact that juve is negotiating every single contract with their players with a reduction. (Dp, tre, neddy, & camo) the only thing the present juve's board is concerned with is juve's financial status.

do i want him at juve? yes.
You make a good point, currently we are negotiating contracts and seem to be looking for reductions. But i dont think it is of financial concern, but rather looking at the list of players and seriously assessing their ages, performances and overall capabilities and putting a pricetag on each.

Del Piero - 33 years of age next month, body is slowing down, has good competition at the club...only makes sense to question his demands.
Nedved - the warrior is getting on now and slowing down, his form is slipping...it was a respectful gesture by the club to offer that wage for one year.
Trez and Camo were a no brainer, not sure why there was any hesitation besides Trez's injury record.

As for Mourinho joining, i dont like way he plays football...we had capello and that boring and defensive, Mourinho's chelsea team had so many stars, yes they won the PL but didnt manage to win the CL...i think he underachieved with the amount of money spent on players.

Ranieri is doing well...he has a long way to go before getting this team playing to its full capabilities but i can see improvements each game...eventually we'll get a fully fit team with all in form, it is then when we'll see how good he is.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
As for Mourinho joining, i dont like way he plays football...we had capello and that boring and defensive, Mourinho's chelsea team had so many stars, yes they won the PL but didnt manage to win the CL...i think he underachieved with the amount of money spent on players.
But Mourinho is a winner, he won the title with Chelsea and the CL with Porto. Thats why hes so good, he can manage the team to win.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
But Mourinho is a winner, he won the title with Chelsea and the CL with Porto. Thats why hes so good, he can manage the team to win.
i understand he won the double at porto, and with chelsea he won a few titles...but his carrer at chelsea should have seen him win the CL also. Lets not forget he spent well over 100 million pound over a couple of seasons on transfers. he got what ever he wanted...winning the EPL was no feat. but the CL was the key for Chelsea and he never brought them success there.

Is Mourinho better than Ranieri? well stats suggest that he is. but currently Ranieri is doing well.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
no1 "should" have won the CL...it's a lot to do with luck on the night as well....of it was based on who deserved to win it then Lippi/Ferguson would have won atleast 2 more CLs

Dec 26, 2004
i understand he won the double at porto, and with chelsea he won a few titles...but his carrer at chelsea should have seen him win the CL also. Lets not forget he spent well over 100 million pound over a couple of seasons on transfers. he got what ever he wanted...winning the EPL was no feat. but the CL was the key for Chelsea and he never brought them success there.

Is Mourinho better than Ranieri? well stats suggest that he is. but currently Ranieri is doing well.
If you apply same logic to Inter then they should have won more CLs than Real Madrid by now.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Ranieri want to coach England or Spain...

Hope he will next year!!! Maybe he can free up space fro Jose, if he doesn't go to Milan. They have some serious problems.

Or maybe for Lippi. Either would be better than Ranieri.:tup:

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
i hope iam not mistaken but didnt sir arsene wagner..say that he would love to coach i italy one day and perferred juventus??...I read it in a article a year back..

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
i hope iam not mistaken but didnt sir arsene wagner..say that he would love to coach i italy one day and perferred juventus??...I read it in a article a year back..
Really?wow...but back to topic, after the substitutions he(Ranieri) made today: yes, we need Mourinho, or someone else:shifty: (Wenger)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We already threw away Deschamps, so it doesn't matter anymore. Mourinho blows Ranieri out of the water so only a fool would say no to hiring the man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)