José Giménez - CB - Atlético Madrid (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I feel @Post Ironic you are going too far with these minutes.

We played what 38 league games; 13 CL games; 6 coppa italia games. So thats total of 57 games. 57 X 90= 5130 mins.

Im sorry if i cant remember all those frigging minutes.

Where are you even going with this? All i said is that Rugani is OLDER than Gimenez and Gimenez might be bought for starting role. Pretty interesting that, a player who is younger comes and still limits Rugani minutes. I dont care if he plays 1400 mins or smth (Higuain played 3800 mins). Reality is that Rugani is getting benched by a younger player in Gimenez. And yes, Rugani is getting less minutes, than say Caldara who STARTS for Atalanta every week probably. So in a years time, Caldara will have much more match practice than Rugani.

So Rugani started in CL group game, against Zagreb, big fkn deal. You make it sound like Rugani would have started against Madrid had he not get injured. Most of the games in serie a he started were against the Chievos and Empolis of this world when Allegri was doing some rotation or when X defender was injured. Hey, remember, Bonucci didnt even make the squad against Porto and Rugani was unused sub which your link just proved. So big games, no go for Rugani under Allegri policy.

My point remains, i dont believe Allegri would start Rugani in a big CL game.

I can do these things as well, see Varane, same age generation defender, played 3380 mins for Real last season. See the gap, Rugani 1400 mins. Pretty big difference.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/raphael-varane/leistungsdaten/spieler/164770/plus/0?saison=2016 And Varane has already been established by Real. They signed him young age but also started to give minutes. Meanwhile Rugani will keep getting bench minutes. Those type of comparisons of SAME age rage defender show that Rugani is indeed getting less minutes and less trust.

Caldara got 2745 mins for Atalanta last season.

Rugani IS getting least minutes between all these players. And if we do sign Gimenez, that is not going to improve.

Like i said, funny how we consider Rugani here some long term prospect but then potentially bench him for Gimenez who is a year younger.

Why is that Atletico and Real have enough trust and courage to start Gimenez and Varane for like 2 years already but we are still talking here about signing another X defender and clearly not consider Rugani simply just taking over from Bonucci spot? Thats really one of the main points to make here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We're not replacing just Bonucci is the obvious point. Barza is being replaced too. Hence the need for 2 starter level defenders. Chiello is also 33 in a week and has had injury troubles the last 2 years.

Rugani is also over a year younger than Varane. And of course Varane plays more for Madrid. He doesn't have to compete with 3 world class CBs the last 3 years in Barza, Chiello, BonBon. The fact Rugani played 1500 minutes both seasons with that competition is fantastic. And added to being a part of this team, training with them, he's in a fantastic position. If not for his injury he likely would have played closer to 2000 minutes last season.

We haven't even played a match this year and you've already relegated Rugani to bench minutes and in your own words the occasional coppa game. Do you not realize how ridiculous it is to be reading into this that our management and coach don't trust Rugani and don't believe he can play an important role in this team yet. :sergio:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
His primary position is CB, so we're good. This is one transfer I can get behind.

I wanna see us sign Schick, Keita, this young gun, Cancelo, SMS, and Danilo Pereira by the 2018-2019 season. Our defense, midfield, and attack will be set for years to come, as long as they're slowly integrated into the team, we manage to maintain our core, and sell some of the dead-weight.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He's not a CM and he's not an RB. They used him in some games for injuries issues but nothing more, I even saw a game against Farca or RM with him like RB and he was by far the worst player in the field.

He's a great CB and I would be happy to get him but he's SO not gonna come here

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah. The odd game in Coppa Italia. :sergio:

Meanwhile, reality strikes Stephan when he realizes Rugani started 11 Serie A games, and 2 CL matches, the supercoppa, and 2 coppa matches last season, over half of those starts coming in the back half of the season in a back 4.. When we had Bonucci, Chiello, Barza, Benatia as well.

Odd game in coppa. :baus:
So, are we saying 16 starts out of more than 50 games is a lot?

Because it sure doesn't seem like a lot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So, are we saying 16 starts out of more than 50 games is a lot?

Because it sure doesn't seem like a lot.
A lot? No.

Enough for a 22 year old CB playing for the team with the best group of CBs in football last season, easily. He started 1/3 of our matches. I'd say he's doing just fine with his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)